Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Although I haven't gotten the DLC, my friend has it, and Lucas is just the BEST. I really wanna get him for myself! He's incredibly fun to play as. His down tilt makes an awesome breakdance. His up smash reks all the scrubs. And his specials I find better in general than Ness's. Although his PK Fire doesn't stun, it has good knockback, and considering PK Thunder and PK Freeze both stun, although in different ways, that makes up for it. And, he has far better recovery, with the PK Thunder being easier to control, and it sends him farther, plus he has a tether. I just find Lucas to be a Ness that generally fits my playstyle better, as I know many still find Ness to be better.
I'm back

Chromastone64

Quote from: GoldenTerrabyte on 2015 Jun 18, 23:59:04
Although I haven't gotten the DLC, my friend has it, and Lucas is just the BEST. I really wanna get him for myself! He's incredibly fun to play as. His down tilt makes an awesome breakdance. His up smash reks all the scrubs. And his specials I find better in general than Ness's. Although his PK Fire doesn't stun, it has good knockback, and considering PK Thunder and PK Freeze both stun, although in different ways, that makes up for it. And, he has far better recovery, with the PK Thunder being easier to control, and it sends him farther, plus he has a tether. I just find Lucas to be a Ness that generally fits my playstyle better, as I know many still find Ness to be better.

Can't forget PK Freeze. You can actually hit things with it, unlike PK Pulse.
Back in Brawl, I never really used either Lucas or Ness, but now I really like playing as Lucas.
Side note: I can understand what he's saying, at least. What is UP with Ness' voice?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

KirbyFluttershy

PK Freeze is different from Ness and Lucas. Ness' PK Freeze is the same as PK Flash with slow speed while Lucas' PK Freeze is the same as Brawls. I think Lucas have changed compared to Brawl so I read the change info on wikia.

If you guys noticed about the AI behavior change, here's what I know

King DDD's Gordo Throw is thrown upwards and slowly instead of Throwing Gordos directly at the opponents depending on the range
Link, Toon Link, Lucas, and Samus can hit opponents with their grappling hooks (via hookshot, rope snake, and grappling beam) while they're in the air

so that's pretty much I know about.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Chromastone64

My friend lent me Smash Wii U. Anyone want a match?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Itty Bit

Itty Bit

2015 Nov 12, 19:29:25 #886 Last Edit: 2015 Nov 12, 19:34:07 by Itty Bit
Well now!
Spoiler: show

Chromastone64

I'm SO HAPPY that FF is being represented! I still have some hope for Sora though...
I love just watching the internet implode after announcements like this lol

Itty Bit

It was funny that this happened as I was just getting into Final Fantasy for the first time, but I didn't really care for Cloud at all. Never really got to Final Fantasy 7 yet, and my only experience thus far was this kid in middle school who constantly harassed me because I didn't play it. That, and it feels weird having a character who has incredibly little involvement with Nintendo. He feels just like how Snake did in Brawl.

But I am happy for everyone else who is excited for him to be in. I know a certain someone in particular that is incredibly excited, though.

Rikaria

Technically Snake has always been a part of Nintendo even before the GameCube remake of one of the PlayStation games, just that he's more well-known on the Sony side.

Anyway, I'm most definitely excited for this announcement. I just need a RELEASE DATE.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Peace Keeper

OOOOOH man. I was surprised Cloud made it to the roster. He was one of my list of characters I felt would be in the game. I was hoping for Zero to be in the game, but Cloud is pretty dope as well. One thing for sure both Cloud and Ike has similar final smashes, er or actually their most powerful techniques. Great that Square Enix gave the go-ahead permission to add him to the game.

Looks like we have hopes for other 3rd-party characters. Should be fun to use Cloud. Just from seeing him play, I probably play him like I play with Ike and Marth combined. Dat combo.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

LostSanity

Under normal circumstances...

I'd scream like a fangirl over something like this...  :P

However...

There's one fact that still remains:

I have no money for DLC.

Therefore even though something like this does make me want to start playing it again...

Because I don't have money...

The reality is that I will continue to not play it.

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

you can still play the game without DLCs. it doesn't matter if you want to play competitively with or without DLCs. every match is all about fun regardless if you have the DLCs or not. if you think that if the game is too boring for you to get the DLCs, then you may want to take priority in getting the DLCs. if you haven't got the DLCs yet, then probably you should get the bundle. I would just go for the characters & stages DLCs over the mii costumes.

LostSanity

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2015 Nov 13, 18:21:03
you can still play the game without DLCs. it doesn't matter if you want to play competitively with or without DLCs. every match is all about fun regardless if you have the DLCs or not. if you think that if the game is too boring for you to get the DLCs, then you may want to take priority in getting the DLCs. if you haven't got the DLCs yet, then probably you should get the bundle. I would just go for the characters & stages DLCs over the mii costumes.

Your missing the point.

The only reason I'm interested in playing again is because Cloud was confirmed.

But I have no money to buy DLCs.

So... you know...

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

you're better off having the character and stages bundle if you don't have all other DLCs otherwise you're just making the game and matches less fun for yourself with just 1 DLC character like cloud strife. I always get the characters & stages DLCs to make the game more fun, but the mii costumes doesn't interest me.

The stages that I had fun playing in with the N64 stages, but I don't put them in omega. It just makes the match more fun and feel more old school playing them however some characters have the advantage on those N64 stages also I don't put Super Mario Maker in omega as well. Usually the balance of the stage may vary as I play the stage.

As of DLC characters, Well I always like to play with these DLC characters, but if they're new to me, well i'll Never know how to handle them and defeat them if they're my opponents.

It's always a good idea to have DLC characters and stages otherwise if you're playing the game and having a match against your friends locally then they'll be asking why didn't you get the DLCs and then you'll be responding with the same response which is that you have no money for the DLCs and you'll never know how you're gonna handle and defeat them in terms of how many people are good with these DLC characters.

Rikaria

Kirby, do you really have to say DLC so much? I think we get the idea...
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Itty Bit

Oh, I forgot to mention the Direct for Smash Specifically next month!
You guys think there they will unveil everything left to offer in terms of DLC? I'm sure we are getting close to the end

KirbyFluttershy

The only news that most of the SSB players are concerned about is the smash ballot. Rumors on other characters that are trying to get in are still being confirmed.

Peace Keeper

I believe they will unveil 2 more next month and another 3 later 2016. I heard they will pull 6 players from the ballot into the game. So a good chance we will have some good variety from people's vote. Just wondering who will be in it.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

KirbyFluttershy

We'll just have to wait and see what will happen on this broadcast. I know that most players are concerned about the smash ballot and see who's coming in. All I did was voted for waddle dee in the smash ballot although I'm pretty sure most people in japan have voted for waddle dee.

Go Up