Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Joylight

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Nov 20, 08:23:10
http://nintendoeverything.com/lucario-amiibo-is-exclusive-to-toys-r-us/

Gee, thanks Nintendo. Too bad the "nearest" one from where I live is like 1 1/2 hours away, and I can't even order online ._.

I knew I had a reason to visit Toys-r-us~
Of course, I haven't been there since I was like...8...so don't remember what it looks like now.

Chibalt

2014 Dec 12, 17:48:55 #701 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 12, 18:23:08 by PrincessButton
I had a chance to play the game a bit recently, and while it's nice to have more characters the game just doesn't feel quite right, I am not sure why but I think perhaps the game's tempo has been slowed slightly, it just doesn't feel as meaty now either compared to Brawl, can't put my finger on it but it REALLY bothers me, not to mention the Wii-U pad is absolutely atrocious with how the buttons are set up, I mean wow, you placed the B button on THE RIGHT. That seriously gets on my nerves considering I am used to the button being reasonably placed, such as it's placement on the gamecube controller or on the wii remote, the A button is easy to access and hitting the jump buttons by accident is nearly impossible on those two controller types, anything else though and even a slight slip of the finger WILL screw you over, not to mention the joystick is absolutely horrendous on the pad itself too, I tried doing a sideways recovery on Ike once and I ended up doing a freaking Aether, causing my death along with several others due to horrible placement.

Note from mod: Please watch your language, this is a children-friendly site.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

You DO realize you can change the controls, right...?
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Dec 12, 18:17:21
You DO realize you can change the controls, right...?

I only said I was able to try it, so I did not have time to do so nor did I know I could do this, but the default controls being bad should frankly be completely unacceptable on something like this, you shouldn't be forced to change the controls through trial-and-error to actually be able to play as effectively as one would on previous games in the series, which did not have any method of changing their controls by the way.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Rikaria

Wrong; Brawl actually was the first to have customizable controls in the series. Furthermore, if you had the 3DS version, the Gamepad's default controls shouldn't be that much of a problem getting used to (the 3DS version also had (somewhat) customizable controls as well).

Chibalt

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Dec 12, 18:47:03
Wrong; Brawl actually was the first to have customizable controls in the series. Furthermore, if you had the 3DS version, the Gamepad's default controls shouldn't be that much of a problem getting used to (the 3DS version also had (somewhat) customizable controls as well).

Wait, brawl had customizable controls? Huh, well the default button placement worked magnificently regardless in that game as they were well placed, the WiiU pad just feels needlessly clumsy and bulky to me.

Rikaria

Mind you, there were also different controllers you could've used, both in Brawl and Wii U. All customizable, too.

Itty Bit

Speaking of Brawl...
I kinda feel bad for it. I mean, the only thing it really had going for it when compared to Melee was the bigger character roster, and now that it's been overshadowed by this one, I don't see any more reason to ever really go back to it again... Unless maybe, to play the Project M mod.

I've been playing with the WiiU pro controller on and off as of late. It's actually started to grow on me just as much as the Gamecube controller has. I'll still probably stick to my Gamecube controller, but the WiiU Pro controller makes a great alternative.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Dec 13, 23:08:09
Speaking of Brawl...
I kinda feel bad for it. I mean, the only thing it really had going for it when compared to Melee was the bigger character roster, and now that it's been overshadowed by this one, I don't see any more reason to ever really go back to it again... Unless maybe, to play the Project M mod.

I've been playing with the WiiU pro controller on and off as of late. It's actually started to grow on me just as much as the Gamecube controller has. I'll still probably stick to my Gamecube controller, but the WiiU Pro controller makes a great alternative.

My nephew just recently got the Project M mod and it's a beast of a mod. There are some kinks and changes in the game that needs adjusting, but it kind of feels like the old Melee.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

GoldenTerrabyte

Speaking of Brawl...

Brawl for me was better in all ways(except for the lack of Young Link who I still miss, and Brawl had hardly any color in comparison), I never got what was better about Melee TBH...
I'm back

Joylight

2014 Dec 14, 09:28:42 #710 Last Edit: 2014 Dec 14, 09:30:21 by Joylight
After a long while, I went to play Brawl. Even pushing the button lightly still feels floaty with small jumps. I guess this is because I played the 3DS version for the longest.

That doesn't mean I don't like it. In some aspects, I do enjoy it. Heck, I haven't finished all the challenges on it. If only I had a slot to where I put my SD card into try out Project M. It sounds fun.  :D

Edit: By slot I mean on my laptop, not the Wii. 'Scuse me for that. This laptop doesn't have that slot, but my sis's does. Going have to borrow it.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Dec 14, 02:56:08
Speaking of Brawl...

Brawl for me was better in all ways(except for the lack of Young Link who I still miss, and Brawl had hardly any color in comparison), I never got what was better about Melee TBH...

There's a lot of reasons as to why Melee is considered to be the better game gameplay wise, but the general idea as to why most people prefer it is that it was a lot more fluent and faster paced than Brawl was. It also didn't have tripping in it. :p

Rikaria

Itty Bit

Oh yeah, I remember hearing that! That got me real curious as to what it was meant for, though~

Jenzy

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Dec 08, 23:04:25
Oh man, Villager!? I better make a run to Target soon in hopes that it isn't already sold out!

I've been hunting around stores trying to find Villager. No luck. XC

And online, Unavailable. Except for like Amazon or something, where crazies sell it for over $50. :c
[not as overpriced as those 'defects', but the things's only worth $13.]

I might have to go with either Yoshi or Fox if I can't get Villager. Or maybe Link. It's such a shame that there seem to be "discontinued" amiibo. That doesn't seem right at all. Somewhere I heard Marth's pretty high in demand too, but also one of the ones to not be having new orders.

Rikaria

Actually, I heard the "discontinued" ones might be coming back later.

Meanwhile... *looks at Lucario whose preorders keep selling out within hours of each availability*

Jenzy

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Dec 17, 01:41:37
Actually, I heard the "discontinued" ones might be coming back later.

Meanwhile... *looks at Lucario whose preorders keep selling out within hours of each availability*

I did see the new Zelda amiibos at Target today. But I didn't get one.

And hopefully the "discontinued" amiibo will come back again some day.

Fluffy Cloud

Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Dec 17, 00:42:24
Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Dec 08, 23:04:25
Oh man, Villager!? I better make a run to Target soon in hopes that it isn't already sold out!

I've been hunting around stores trying to find Villager. No luck. XC

And online, Unavailable. Except for like Amazon or something, where crazies sell it for over $50. :c
[not as overpriced as those 'defects', but the things's only worth $13.]

I checked on Best Buy's website, and they still had some in stock for $13. Might not last for a while though.

Rikaria

Sunshine Smash

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Go Up