Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cormac117

Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2014 Oct 06, 20:31:01
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Oct 06, 20:25:19
Shulk is way OP when the Monado Arts are used strategically. Because he's already really good without using them at all. Now when you use them well you can beat just about anyone.

how do you change arts? Every time I try it gives me Jump...

Keep pushing B it's a cycle.
Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Sakura_Blossom

Quote from: Cormac117 on 2014 Oct 06, 21:28:41
Quote from: Sakura_Blossom on 2014 Oct 06, 20:31:01
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Oct 06, 20:25:19
Shulk is way OP when the Monado Arts are used strategically. Because he's already really good without using them at all. Now when you use them well you can beat just about anyone.

how do you change arts? Every time I try it gives me Jump...

Keep pushing B it's a cycle.

Oh...

I wish I could play with you guys, but there are never rooms open...

KirbyFluttershy

When you add us, we have to add you to our friend roster first before doing a online match.

well for beginner's, It's best to pick out what other characters you can play as. What I'm saying is that you could try playing different characters and see if those characters suit best for your play style. Just give the other characters a try and then if you're confident with playing as that character, then you should be able to get the hang of what you're playing as.

as for shulk's monado arts, Usually I normally use shield (yellow) if I took heavy dmg, but I Hardly use the move also using the arts depend on my situation and opponents.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

2014 Oct 07, 09:18:36 #463 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 07, 12:33:17 by Rikaria
Wii U release dates confirmed.

Also relevant: amiibo release dates confirmed.

EDIT: Huzzah! Beat Classic on 9.0 with Lucario \o/
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

Classic 9.0 (nothing harder) is not that easy to clear. It's like intense boss battles in SSBB, but a lot harder. Attack Patterns is pretty much hard to predict and where they come from. The move i really hate was the black hole-like move. Usually I can get extremely lucky by staying away.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 07, 09:18:36
Wii U release dates confirmed.

Also relevant: amiibo release dates confirmed.

EDIT: Huzzah! Beat Classic on 9.0 with Lucario \o/

Haha, you're always beatin' me to it X3

I've started to enjoy Peach quite a bit lately. I want to get good with her, though I think it's gonna take quite a bit of practice.

Rikaria

Spoiler: I found this really interesting (character spoilers inside!) • show
If you switch skins on Bowser Jr., the other Koopalings are there. Even the announcer provides voices for them!

Itty Bit

Spoiler: show
Yup! That's actually what made me most excited for playing as him! The Koopalings have big nostalgic value to me C:

What I find interesting about the release dates upon further research is apparently Japan will be getting the Wiiu Version a few weeks after we get it in North America. Which I find kind of funny.

Rikaria

Not the first time North America got something before Japan, but yeah. Really interesting, nonetheless.

LostSanity

I finally unlocked all of the characters.

Too bad I still suck at this game...

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Oct 07, 17:43:15
I finally unlocked all of the characters.

Too bad I still suck at this game...

:l

You'll get the hang of it. Just stick to the characters you play as and then beat up some 1 level 3 CPUs. if you're getting the hang of the game a little more, then increase the level of the CPU by 1. don't go level 9 CPU and classic 9.0 just yet unless you're ready to go pro and have enough coins for retrys.

finally! I cleared classic 9.0 AGAIN. I will never ever do that again. Charizard may be my best bossing and mobbing character, but it's worst for fighting against characters as I know about aside from metal and giant fights.

Rikaria

Itty Bit

Well that's sort of a shame... I really like the gamecube controller.
Maybe later down the line when Virtual Console Gamecube games become a thing, maybe they will allow them to be used, again.

KirbyFluttershy

I normally use classic controller instead of using my GCN controllers. I would imagine if SSBM made it to GCN VC.

Rikaria

Spoiler: Never again will I ever play Cruel Smash • show

Seriously, it's not worth it after this point ._. (Yes, that's me.)

LostSanity

It's possible that I might be better at this game than I originally thought.

Whenever I play online "With Anyone" and "For Fun" my averages seems to be tying for second place. However, I've even won a few battles too.

Hmm...

O:
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

KirbyFluttershy

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Oct 08, 17:49:49
It's possible that I might be better at this game than I originally thought.

Whenever I play online "With Anyone" and "For Fun" my averages seems to be tying for second place. However, I've even won a few battles too.

Hmm...

O:

well if you keep up what you're doing, then you should be able to get the hang of it and not to mention the characters you're playing as.

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 08, 16:37:51
Spoiler: Never again will I ever play Cruel Smash • show

Seriously, it's not worth it after this point ._. (Yes, that's me.)

It looks like someone has frustration difficulties as i do except for classic 9.0.

Rikaria

I already beat 9.0, though. (Or did I misunderstood what you said?)

All I really need to do now is finish Classic and All-Star with all characters, then most of my remaining time will go to the Smash mode Challenges. (Pretty sure there are other ones I'm forgetting, but I can't be bothered checking at the moment.)

KirbyFluttershy

well sometimes we may get frustration difficulties in the game such as Cruel Smash and classic 9.0. Classic 9.0 is one of the hardest I ever done, but What I hate the most is the tabuu wannabe form because of the black or purple ring of death that can push you off the fray that easily. Cruel smash is extremely hard to go through, but it's worst than SSBB's cruel brawl. I normally use ness' PK thunder to KO the multi-man mii fighters in cruel smash, but not much of a launch also kirby's final cutter for spiking works, but i used stone just to be safe enough.

The Bad news about doing Classic 9.0 and cruel smash is that you have to do it on the wii-u version as well as my friend told me.

Rikaria

2014 Oct 09, 09:24:41 #479 Last Edit: 2014 Oct 09, 09:32:11 by Rikaria
1) 9.0 was actually easier compared to Cruel Smash.
2) I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the Challenges return in the Wii U version.

EDIT: By the way, I found this really interesting. Don't get your hopes up, though:

Go Up