Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 01, 01:07:49
Err... can you add the usernames underneath the icons just so we don't keep looking back on the forum/going through the thread?

Great idea! I'm about to call Itty, so I'll let her know. :)
Purr~

Jenzy

Julius

Guess what I'm doing tonight? :]
Purr~

Itty Bit

Oh man, the hype is real now ^-^
Just a matter of hours the game will be out!

Chrisgotjar

Mine's been dispatched and should be arriving tomorrow morning ^-^
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Rikaria

To everyone getting the 3DS version: you MUST download a patch in order to be able to play online. More info here (or, if it redirects you, just look up info about the SSB 3DS patch).

Keep in mind that you actually don't need the game right away to be able to download it; the patch will be applied once you start up the full game.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Jenzy

Rikaria

Jenzy

Remember to download the "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS" Update if you want to play Online!
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11692/p/430

Or here's your much needed info. Directly to you.
Quote from: NintendoInformation:
As of October 2, 2014, new update data for Super Smash Bros. has been made available for download in the Nintendo eShop. Users will be required to download this update prior to using the software's online multiplayer features. Because of this, we strongly recommend that all Super Smash Bros. players download and install this update data.

Update Details:
-Enables online multiplayer features.
-Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Notes
-You can still use previous save data after downloading this update.
-Update data will be saved on the SD Card that is inserted into the system.
  -If there is not enough space on the SD Card, the update will not be completed.
  -In order to check available space, select "System Settings" from the Home Menu and then select "Data Management."
-After download the update, please do not delete the update data. Update data can be viewed in the "Downloadable Content" area of the Data Management menu.
What to Do:
1. Perform a system update to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version.
2. Scan the QR Code pattern below using a Nintendo 3DS system while connected to the Internet.

-Alternatively, starting Nintendo eShop on a Nintendo 3DS system that is displaying Super Smash Bros. on the HOME Menu will show a list of software with update data available, from which you can select and download the update data.
3. On the Super Smash Bros. Ver 1.0.2 page, select "Tap Here to Download."
  -Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied.
  -The update data will be saved on the SD Card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system.
4. Start Super Smash Bros. and check that it has been updated correctly. If the version number show on the title screen is 1.0.2, the update has been successful.

KirbyFluttershy

Is it possible to upload your SSB4 3DS saved replays to your computer via SD card?
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

Rikaria

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Oct 02, 22:51:34
Is it possible to upload your SSB4 3DS saved replays to your computer via SD card?

If they're treated the same way as pics/videos in which Nintendo Camera can read or .mp3 files in which Nintendo 3DS Sound can read, then probably. Otherwise, good luck figuring it out.

As far as I'm aware, the replay data is handled the same way as Brawl in which you don't save an actual video (there's absolutely no video files on an SD card if you try checking, at least on Brawl).

Julius

GOT IT AND A SMASH TOWEL BECAUSE NINTENDO WORLD IS COOL LIKE THAT! SHULK ROCKS! WOO! :D
Purr~

Shadow Mare

LOL THIS LAG IS LIKE BRAWL ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Itty Bit

Ah, finally got my internet back after the storm, and now I can talk about the game  ^-^
I'm loving it so far! As I was stuck without internet last night, I was a little isolated and forced to play single player modes, but based on what I played, I had more fun in single player than many other games! Classic mode is new and fresh, Smash Run is tons of fun, and even the stadium games I got sucked into for a little bit! It's also worth noting that the game can actually be sort of difficult in the higher levels, too! Moreso than before!

Now that I have my internet back, I finally got to try some online! I had the most one in For glory 1v1 mode, as I'm sort of a "no items, just skill" kinda person myself, and it put my worries to rest, as the game ran pretty darn smooth, aside from very minimal button lag! Out of the 7 or so matches I played, only one matchup had kind of choppy connection, but I'm sure it was probably because the guy had a bad connection. Also considering the fact it's the first day and Nintendo Network is probably overloading at the moment, that gives even more points to it!

I'm super excited to continue playing this game. I'm gonna jump right back into to unlocking stuff ^^

Shadow Mare

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm still stuck with the demo for now. At 6 though my mom comes home and she'll take me and my bro to Target.
I'm back

Rikaria

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Oct 03, 09:31:21

If you read Sakurai's posts, he distinctly said it depends on the internet connection of the people playing. Also, there's less lag if you play regionally instead of internationally.

Shadow Mare

Quote from: Rikaria on 2014 Oct 03, 14:34:55
Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Oct 03, 09:31:21

If you read Sakurai's posts, he distinctly said it depends on the internet connection of the people playing. Also, there's less lag if you play regionally instead of internationally.

How do I choose which region to play against?

Cormac117

Made a new account: Sunshine Smash.

Julius

Shadow Mare, you need to get better Internet. Itty and I were having flawless/lagless matches until you came along. The game is not like Brawl at all, it's your Internet. lol
Purr~

Go Up