Obligatory Smash Bros. Topic

Started by Spencer the Pegasus Guard, 2013 Jun 13, 12:44:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MrEmu

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2014 Sep 11, 02:39:04please, please, please use the spoiler tags ^-^
Spoiler: What she said! • show
Just like this...hehe...
(And thanks for the info itty!)

Rikaria

Here's the schedule for tomorrow's livestream: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/game_schedule_outlined_for_nintendo_treehouse_live_broadcast

(Of course, if you already saw roster leaks/spoilers, the SSB segment(s?) most likely won't matter.)
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

KirbyFluttershy

My Brother downloaded the demo version of the game on his japanese 3DS and then when i started playing the game last night, I'm not used to the controls.
3DS Friend Code: 2363-5641-1771
Final Fantasy XI Char/Server: Chiririn / Asura
Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble Player Code & Username: 1qmgdmug / KirbySh

LostSanity

A Demo?!

YES PLEASE. OF COURSE I WILL DOWNLOAD IT.

:3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Won four codes \o/ The demo only has a few characters, but you have unlimited plays on it.

(Before you ask, the remaining codes are going to my friends, so yeah.)

KirbyFluttershy

how is it possible to have unlimited plays on it? my friend said it's 25 uses of the demo, but after my brother downlaoded the demo version from the eShop on his japanese 3DS, he loaded up the game and has 24 uses left.

there will be some sites that has the codes, but luckily for me, i can still play the japanese demo of the game on my brother's 3DS. I still need to get used to the controls though. I normally Use the L button for blocking instead of R button, but i have to used to the R button for blocking.

Rikaria

2014 Sep 12, 22:32:35 #247 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 12, 23:09:27 by Rikaria
Apparently the ones Nintendo gives away have Unlimited plays. (EDIT: More details, including other ways to enjoy the demo, here.)

My issue with the default controls (other than L being Grab) is that I thought Y was the Special button and B was the normal Attack button... Gotta love the mindset from using GameCube controllers >_<

Julius

So... I got the unlimited demo... And I LOVE IT! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GAME NOW! IT'S SO GOOD! :D

If anyone has an extra code by the by, would you mind sending it to Itty Bit? You have no idea how excited she is about the game... And I'd really like her to try it out as soon as possible~ X3
Purr~

Sakura_Blossom

I really am exited for this game... Except I have no pony to play it with...  >:(

KirbyFluttershy

I'm not gonna bother asking for a code for myself since i have the japanese version of the demo game (although i don't mind), but I have a friend that wanted a code as well and she wanted 2 codes as well for herself and a friend if you guys are willing to help us out as long as the code usable though cuz i heard that people fell for the scams that the code have already been used also as long as it's not used for selling or a trade in return (as she would say)

LostSanity

Really?

No offense... but it won't kill anyone to wait.

I want to play it too, but, I can wait...

X3
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Rikaria

Well the demo will also be available next week, just that that version will have limited plays instead.

KirbyFluttershy

it's 25 uses of gameplay if downloaded. unlimited play as i know if downloaded by code. I picked up the information about it. as Rikaria says that the one for the code is a special demo that allows you to play the demo all the time no matter how many times you will play the game. my friend says that if you download the demo without code, you only get 25 uses of gameplay.

anyway the reason why my friend wanted the code for the demo is that she has a budget or money problem in case if she can't afford to buy the game so that's why i'm helping her to look for the codes as long as it's not used by anyone else but herself and a friend and not used for selling nor trading.

GlassMirror

does anyone know if the demo has toon link on it? :3

Rikaria

Here are the details of the demo: the playable characters are Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, and Villager. There are two stages (toggle between them with X; you'll understand when you play the demo): Battlefield and a Final Destination variant of Battlefield. Rules can't be changed at all and are set to two minute matches with no stock (lives), and items are on if you fight on the normal Battlefield, off if you fight on the Final Destination variant. The demo supports local multiplayer but not online. All other menu options are locked except Vault, but even then you can only go there to check your coin amount (you receive coins after finishing a match) as well as check Tips (which actually can spoil things if you've been trying to avoid spoilers/leaks, but then again you're shown one Tip before you start a match anyway, so...).

I'm assuming the coins can be transferred to the full game, so if you want a good start, try to get in as many matches as you can now/whenever the limited demo is released.

KirbyFluttershy

i don't think final destination counts as playable stage in the demo cuz when i played the demo on my brother's japanese 3DS, it just highlighted as unplayable so only battlefield stage is playable.

MrEmu

Can you still fight the other characters even if you can't play as them?
And I hope Robin and Lucina are playable...

Itty Bit

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Sep 13, 21:02:39
i don't think final destination counts as playable stage in the demo cuz when i played the demo on my brother's japanese 3DS, it just highlighted as unplayable so only battlefield stage is playable.

Press X for Omega mode, it switches to a Final destination version of Battlefield.
I got the demo myself, much thanks to Julius! C:
It's a lot of fun, never before have I spent 4 hours of my day playing a demo!

Julius

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 13, 21:13:45
Can you still fight the other characters even if you can't play as them?
And I hope Robin and Lucina are playable...

Nope, just the five.

Quote from: KirbyFluttershy on 2014 Sep 13, 21:02:39

What Rikaria meant to say was that each stage has a Final Destination-like mode called Omega that can be toggled on or off when selecting a stage. All platforms are removed and the main one grows in size, similar to the size of Final Destination's. ^-^
Purr~

Go Up