Cancelled games

Started by Rayman, 2013 Feb 22, 20:44:25

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rayman

Yeah...I'm not completely sure about if this had has been already made but it couldn't hurt to try.
Well anyways this thread is talk about the underachievers of gaming that never made it in stores. Examples are: Sonic Xtreme, Super Mario 128 and Earthbound 64. But this is just what I know, if you know anymore cancelled games, share and discuss them here.
Sometimes when life give you rules you just gotta say, "Forget it. #Yolo."Also thank you Jenzy for the icon. :3
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4521.0#new <- To those who wants to know my

Rissian

All, I can say is Megaman Legends 3.  :c

And Zelda DD, since the N64 Disc Drive never took off, you'd think nintendo would make that in the Wii U or something all of those features are possible in the new hardware.

ComputerDeathglare

I really only know of Van Buren, which was going to Fallout 3, but was cancelled in 2003 when Bethesda bought the rights to Fallout.

If anyone says Fighting is Magic, I will hurt them. It's not over. Not yet...
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Darkangel

Fighting Is Ma-
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Feb 23, 01:46:14

-gic.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

ComputerDeathglare

^BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! lol ^
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Julius

I really only know of Van Buren, which was going to Fallout 3, but was cancelled in 2003 when Bethesda bought the rights to Fallout.

I was about to post something similar. <3
Purr~

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Feb 23, 02:57:23

I was about to post something similar. <3

*Squee*  :D
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Detective Woona

Star Wars Battlefront 3.
The game was literally finished, but the studio's license to the franchise expired just before release.

I always lament the death of Rare and Clover Studios. The games they might've made....  :c
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

Deviant

Quote from: Detective Woona on 2013 Feb 24, 15:18:00
Star Wars Battlefront 3.

- Banjo threeie
Don't get me wrong, i actually  liked Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts.... but it would be pretty nice to have a good ol' platformer....

The Stars

Quote from: Detective Woona on 2013 Feb 24, 15:18:00
Star Wars Battlefront 3.
The game was literally finished, but the studio's license to the franchise expired just before release.

I always lament the death of Rare and Clover Studios. The games they might've made....  :c

Now THAT's unfortunate :U

Fallout Extreme. Now, I know I haven't played the series before, but I checked it out and it seems quite delightful. Just kinda shocking such a well-known/respected franchise had ended up having a canceled game.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Book Smarts

Starcraft Ghost looked like it was going to be fun, seeing everything in 3rd person would be a cool idea.

Rayman

Nice games, and please try to refrain any talking about anything that might spark a flame war, like Fighting is Magic. Might as well put in a game myself.
StarCraft:Ghost, good impact to the starcraft series but unfortunately delayed to the point of cancellation. I would've liked to see it come out though  ^-^
Sometimes when life give you rules you just gotta say, "Forget it. #Yolo."Also thank you Jenzy for the icon. :3
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=4521.0#new <- To those who wants to know my

Haned tom.

In life there is no good or evil. There is only opinions and business.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: The Stars on 2013 Feb 24, 15:50:59

Fallout Extreme. Now, I know I haven't played the series before, but I checked it out and it seems quite delightful. Just kinda shocking such a well-known/respected franchise had ended up having a canceled game.

Then that makes two they cancelled.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Sea Foam

Because I seem to mention the Mother series ad nauseum, I was going to mention Earthbound 64.
But, you seem to have done that for me, Rayman.  lol

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

videogamehunter

Twisted Metal Black 2. The game was never finish but you can play what they did get finish on Twisted Metal: Head On PS2. Also Star Fox 2 on SNES.

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Valentine

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Feb 22, 21:00:16
All, I can say is Megaman Legends 3.  :c

Oohhhh, the mean, NASTY things I have said about Capcom because of that (which I wont repeat here because of the family oriented nature of the forum).

The big game that really made me sad to see cancelled was Warhammer 40K Dark Millenium.  Mostly cause I'm a big 40K fan, but even from just a game play stand point it looked like it was actually going out of wit's way to reinvent how MMOs are supposed to play.  Yeah, I hear that a lot, but this one was the most promising.

After waiting 3 years for it to be a thing, it gets canned and turned into a single player game, only to THEN get dumped totally because THQ went bankrupt, and I haven't heard of the 40k game license getting picked up by anyone.
Remember, I don't know what I'm talking about.

The Silent Wolf

Dinosaur Planet, it was cancelled and replaced with Star Fox Adventures or something and also Project Dream, it was gonna be a RPG for the N64 and became Banjo Kazooie since it became to hard to make the game and they canceled Project Dream to make Banjo Kazooie. (Not that I'm to mad about that, Banjo Kazooie is a great game)
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Go Up