MLP spin-off

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2013 Feb 12, 22:27:11

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Feb 12, 22:27:11 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 12, 22:35:12 by Chishio Kunrin
I honestly don't know how to feel about this.

Equestria Girls. A spin-off.

The magazine got one thing wrong. They're not exactly human.

(Fake Trixie image removed :P)
I like their boots, at least.

Not sure how I feel about this, though. It seems to take place in a school. I don't think it'll be very good, but... I'll check it out, at least.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

McSleuthburger

well the series is supposed to not be connected to FiM in any way
so we dont have to worry about stories overlapping

also that 2nd picture is fake
I mean why do some of them have colored skin (Rainbow, AJ) while twilight has normal skin color
and I mean they wouldnt have them in the same exact poses Rarity - Twi and PP - RD
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Feb 12, 22:33:26

I mean why do some of them have colored skin (Rainbow, AJ) while twilight has normal skin color
and I mean they wouldnt have them in the same exact poses Rarity - Twi and PP - RD

Twilight's skin is purple.

I'm somewhat glad they don't have normal skin colors. Established human skin colors would cause arguments on humanized fanart to be a lot worse.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 12, 22:36:45
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Feb 12, 22:33:26

Twilight's skin is purple.

I'm somewhat glad they don't have normal skin colors. Established human skin colors would cause arguments on humanized fanart to be a lot worse.
I agree, I'm glad they kept their original colours, though I'm not sure how I feel about the spin off.... I'm definitely going to give it a try before passing judgement though.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

McSleuthburger

I didnt look that hard....maybe all the orange around the forum now messed me up  lol

still think that image is fake though.....
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Book Smarts

Hasbro, you're trying too hard  :l ,

I don't really know what to make of this, does this break my rule of no humans in Equestria? Guess we'll just have to find out

Billow Pillow

Along as they don't add humans into the real show, i'm okay with this.   :]
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Feb 12, 22:41:44
Hasbro, you're trying too hard  :l ,

I don't really know what to make of this, does this break my rule of no humans in Equestria? Guess we'll just have to find out

It says they go to another world, so I guess they're not in the pony world anymore at all.

Flamestriker

Seems interesting. I'll watch it and see what I think of it when it airs. I'm glad they're making it that it's them going to another world, I wonder how they'll get there!
[move][/move]

Jenzy

I just heard about this from a friend...

Huh, it's kind of intriguing. Anthro Ponies in a spin-off. Though I still can't tell if it's Real or Fake.

Though, MLP: FiM should kinda stay "human-free" as some say. But... "Spin-off"

It's like Paper Mario to Super Mario.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 13, 01:02:46
I just heard about this from a friend...

Huh, it's kind of intriguing. Anthro Ponies in a spin-off. Though I still can't tell if it's Real or Fake.

Though, MLP: FiM should kinda stay "human-free" as some say. But... "Spin-off"

It's like Paper Mario to Super Mario.

Yeah. The spin-off won't interfere with the show at all, so there won't be any annoying overlapping.

ComputerDeathglare

NO!

It just feels wrong, like humans in Littlest Pet Shop. I'll give it a try, but I don't like it so far. >A<
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

The Wandering Magus

it's called making a move that can potentially just take out half your fanbase real fast.  I think somepony up top has been counting numbers in a spreadsheet too much and has no idea what the real world is like.  I bet the corporate executive thinks he can start flying if he jumps out his hundred-story gold-lined window.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Book Smarts

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Feb 14, 18:02:21
it's called making a move that can potentially just take out half your fanbase real fast.  I think somepony up top has been counting numbers in a spreadsheet too much and has no idea what the real world is like.  I bet the corporate executive thinks he can start flying if he jumps out his hundred-story gold-lined window.

Exactly, it's like they are trying to recreate a miracle  o.O

Chishio Kunrin

If it sucks, we can ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. It'll be easy since it won't interact with or affect FiM.

The Wandering Magus

or you'd hope it stays that way.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Blues-Music

2013 Feb 15, 01:28:39 #16 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 15, 01:35:23 by Blues-Music
First off they won't fly , have magic , have super strength , or have supernatural enemies. It'l just be a normal high school show with their personalities. So it'l be a boring family sitcom without the dumb laugh tracks. Not just that let's remember the description.
"They find a portal to the human world."
Meaning this sadly has something to do with equestria. It could be just a "what if" thing though.
I really hate How Hasbro is trying to make as much toys as possible. They are terrible at making them , and have no idea what they do to make them.
Sadly every time something bad happens everyone goes "Trust the writers!Trust the writers!"
Hasbro does sadly influence them , and even if they don't trust must have limits.

I'm against tons of recent things that happened such as the cancellation of many pony fan games , and shows. I'm also mad at the alicornation of Twilight. I'm going to wait things out to see if they can actually make 3 wrongs into a right.

Chishio Kunrin

*Reads Blues's post. Shrugs* True...

From what I've heard, at least, while that Equestria Girls thing is running, it won't affect what happens in FiM, though. So hopefully we'll be able to ignore it if we want.

Though, the only positive things I have to say about it right now from first impressions are...
1. I like their boots.
2. I'm glad this won't cause an escalation in arguments on humanized fanart with people using Equestria Girls as basis on what races human mane six would be.

In fact, the reason behind their skin being their coat color is probably a result of attempted political correctness. They don't wanna have to get their hands messy with whatever they'd try for human races.

bleyd

and what human race is blue jajajajaja

Rad Thunder

Everything I've heard said this was a made for TV movie. If it's fake, good. If it's real, it better stay there. Only in fan made crossovers (Turnabout Storm) is this acceptable. I trust the writers for the finale, but not for this... :l

Go Up