Season 4 guesses, based on toys

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2013 Feb 11, 01:22:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Feb 11, 01:22:36 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 14, 19:13:17 by Chishio Kunrin
My reasoning:
Hasbro's toy department has a habit of jumping the gun and putting toys on the shelf before the thing they're about has been seen in the show yet. Examples:
- Blindbag crystal ponies = Long before Crystal Empire premiered.
- Princess Cadence and Shining Armor royal wedding playset = Before Canterlot Wedding aired.
- Pictures and such of alicorn Twilight, which we thought were all photoshopped = Long before this Saturday's episode has even aired.
Now, the fact that this pony seems to be in a set with the mane six characters and I haven't seen any photos of any other ponies that seem to be in the set has made me curious, and I'm just wondering if maybe it could be a hint of something to come.
I know that Hasbro makes toys that won't appear in the show. Read the above!

Guesses shall be spoilered, just in case any of us happen to get something right or our speculations come close to the truth. Some people don't like things accidentally spoiled.

Spoiler: show
Masquerade ponies:
Some of the toys seem to have masquerade masks. Ponies like the mane six:
[spoiler]

Aaaand... mystery pony:

Who is that?
Seems to be an earthpony (maybe unicorn?) with a YinYang sun cutie mark. I wonder if she'll appear in the show.
In fact, I wonder if there will be a masquerade episode in season 4. It's entirely possible.[/spoiler]

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jenzy

Hmm, interesting.

That's a nice looking Luna. Seems to be based on her S1 appearance with longer mane. Looking at the others, they're getting more and more show-accurate. :D

I'm guessing that it might be somewhat like the Grand Galloping Gala, but as a masquerade instead.

It'd be quite an interesting episode, whatever the plot is like in the ep.

And looking at the masked mystery to AJ, the figures might finally have cutie marks on BOTH sides. AJ has it on her right, and the new pony to the left side.

Usually, it's on the right.

The New Pony's talent seems to be some sort of YinYang. I wonder what that means... :s

Midnight Breeze

Toys are hardly reliable spoilers. Fluttermay, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine and the other lame M6 recolors have never appeared in the show.

Book Smarts

Or, ooooorrr, LUCHADORE PONIES!!  ovO

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Feb 11, 01:39:00
Hmm, interesting.

That's a nice looking Luna. Seems to be based on her S1 appearance with longer mane. Looking at the others, they're getting more and more show-accurate. :D

I'm guessing that it might be somewhat like the Grand Galloping Gala, but as a masquerade instead.

It'd be quite an interesting episode, whatever the plot is like in the ep.

And looking at the masked mystery to AJ, the figures might finally have cutie marks on BOTH sides. AJ has it on her right, and the new pony to the left side.

Usually, it's on the right.

The New Pony's talent seems to be some sort of YinYang. I wonder what that means... :s

The paint me Luna toy actually seems to be a recolored Cadence model. Myeh.
I hope they really are getting to have their cutie marks on both sides, though.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Feb 11, 07:23:39
Toys are hardly reliable spoilers. Fluttermay, Flitterheart, Twinkleshine and the other lame M6 recolors have never appeared in the show.

I think some of those ponies are from old generations. What got me about this is the fact that it's part of the same type thing as some of the mane six toys are.

Doctor Light

This makes me want to increase suspense, like, is it a spoiler or not a spoiler?
Hey, I like Doctor Who, writing, playing and singing music, badminton, and MLP.

Dawnstar

Of course it is entirely possible that they could be just toys and nothing more. Hasbro's toy department isn't restricted to just making stuff from episodes only. The more designs and variants they make regardless of what happens in the show, the more money for Hasbro. They are primarily interested in how well their toys sell after all, the show's popularity is just a bonus.

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Feb 14, 18:50:49 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 14, 19:12:32 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Dawnstar on 2013 Feb 14, 09:13:23
Of course it is entirely possible that they could be just toys and nothing more. Hasbro's toy department isn't restricted to just making stuff from episodes only. The more designs and variants they make regardless of what happens in the show, the more money for Hasbro. They are primarily interested in how well their toys sell after all, the show's popularity is just a bonus.

Like I said, it's the fact that she seems to be in a set with mane six characters that makes me curious. I have yet to see a photo of any toy other than her and mane six characters have one of those masks, so it just makes me wonder.

And Hasbro has jumped the gun before in putting toys on the shelf before the thing they're about appeared in an episode.
- Princess Cadence and Shining Armor royal wedding playset = Before Canterlot Wedding aired.
- Pictures and such of alicorn Twilight, which we thought were all photoshopped = Long before this Saturday's episode has even aired.

[Edit]: Sorry if I seemed snappy. :s I felt like people didn't quite read the first post, so I have edited it. Not sure why I kinda jumped up like that.

ComputerDeathglare

*Jaw bursts clean through the earth* I WANT DAT WOONA! O:
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Feb 15, 00:12:50
*Jaw bursts clean through the earth* I WANT DAT WOONA! O:

Paint her purty. ;)
I kind of hope that the fact that there are some more toys of her will mean that we'll see her at least a bit more in season 4.

Dawnstar

It's ok. I am well aware that a lot of their toys have coincided with the show for the most part and that they have released some plenty before the actual relative episode aired. Get the obvious sellers out first then start working on extra ideas and such.

Was just pointing out that they don't actually have to match an upcoming or existing episode if they have an idea for a toy that they think will sell but won't fit in the show they'll make it, but they'll of course still prioritize stuff relating to the show because that's what people will want when they see the relevant episodes.

That said, a masquerade episode would be interesting if done right, or maybe a spoof on the phantom of the opera or something. Could probably think of more possibilities, but it's 1AM here and my brain's all fuzzy.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2013 Feb 15, 02:10:19
It's ok. I am well aware that a lot of their toys have coincided with the show for the most part and that they have released some plenty before the actual relative episode aired. Get the obvious sellers out first then start working on extra ideas and such.

Was just pointing out that they don't actually have to match an upcoming or existing episode if they have an idea for a toy that they think will sell but won't fit in the show they'll make it, but they'll of course still prioritize stuff relating to the show because that's what people will want when they see the relevant episodes.

That said, a masquerade episode would be interesting if done right, or maybe a spoof on the phantom of the opera or something. Could probably think of more possibilities, but it's 1AM here and my brain's all fuzzy.

Exactly, a masquerade episode has a good possibility of being cool. :3
"Alright, girls. *Holds up a photo* We just need to find Red VonHerring. It should be easy enough. *Opens the door to a masquerade ball* Orrr not..." lol
Who knows? Actually, then again, there'd be a plot hole in that, since they could just look for the cutie mark or coat and mane colors.

Dawnstar

not necessarily. cutie marks could easily be covered by clothing, and masquerade balls are notoriously dressy when it comes to clothing. plus coat and mane colors are only a useful indicator without a visible mark if the pony has a unique color combination compared to every other pony (but you know they'd match at least one pony to get that "you're not who we're looking for" joke in).

Not to mention they could just do what they did in Too Many Pinkie Pies and ignore the blatantly obvious just to push the story.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2013 Feb 15, 22:35:32
not necessarily. cutie marks could easily be covered by clothing, and masquerade balls are notoriously dressy when it comes to clothing. plus coat and mane colors are only a useful indicator without a visible mark if the pony has a unique color combination compared to every other pony (but you know they'd match at least one pony to get that "you're not who we're looking for" joke in).

Not to mention they could just do what they did in Too Many Pinkie Pies and ignore the blatantly obvious just to push the story.

Hair dye exists in Equestria. O: Maybe temporary dye does too. And they get all flashy and showy almost like Mardi Gras. But a sophisticated Mardi Gras.

ShadowHeart

2013 Feb 17, 12:22:07 #14 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 18, 09:50:16 by ShadowHeart
yay guessing time! I think the top, if she's in the show, would be Luna/ Celestia's mom. I hope so cuz it's usually the same. The sun is female and the moon is male. And I predict that Flootershy and Applejack are wearing masks because it's part of some festival that is based off a masquerade thing or MartiGras. As for the bottom one that looks like SpitFire....maybe it's an important pony for the mask festival? IDK I just luv guessing.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

ComputerDeathglare

You know what, since no one else has said it, I will.

I freaking WANT those Celestia shoes.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Feb 17, 12:22:07
yay guessing time! I think the top, if she's in the show, would be Luna/ Celestia's mom. I hope so cuz it's usually the same. The sun is female and the moon is male. And I predict that Flootershy and Applejack are wearing masks because it's part of some festival that is based off a masquerade thing or MartiGras. As for the bottom one that looks like SpitFire....maybe it's an important pony for the mask festival? IDK I just luv guessing.

In the top picture, I was trying to show the Pinkie Pie toy that also has a mask. X3 The other pony in that picture is a "paint me" Luna that lets you paint her wings, mane, and tail however you like, except it seems to use the same model as a Cadence version.

The one that looks like Spitfire makes me really curious, though. The first time I saw it in a photo, it was blurry, so I thought it was her. But it's an earthpony with a different cutiemark. o.O

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Feb 17, 22:15:29
You know what, since no one else has said it, I will.

I freaking WANT those Celestia shoes.

They are pretty cool, I'll admit. o_O Creative design, too, using her wings like that.

Vertigo,

The pony from the canceled episode? lol

Daring Flash

2013 Feb 27, 18:00:54 #18 Last Edit: 2013 Feb 27, 18:51:44 by Daring Flash
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Feb 11, 01:22:36
My reasoning:
Hasbro's toy department has a habit of jumping the gun and putting toys on the shelf before the thing they're about has been seen in the show yet. Examples:
Now, the fact that this pony seems to be in a set with the mane six characters and I haven't seen any photos of any other ponies that seem to be in the set has made me curious, and I'm just wondering if maybe it could be a hint of something to come.
I know that Hasbro makes toys that won't appear in the show. Read the above!

Guesses shall be spoilered, just in case any of us happen to get something right or our speculations come close to the truth. Some people don't like things accidentally spoiled.

Masquerade ponies:
Some of the toys seem to have masquerade masks. Ponies like the mane six:
[spoiler]

Aaaand... mystery pony:

Who is that?
Seems to be an earthpony (maybe unicorn?) with a YinYang sun cutie mark. I wonder if she'll appear in the show.
In fact, I wonder if there will be a masquerade episode in season 4. It's entirely possible.[/spoiler]

I guess there might be an episode of Twilight Sparkle learning to be a princess and the cutie mark crusaders finally getting their cutie marks.  :P

Hello every pony! :D

Blaze

After seeing that picture of that orange pony, I'm guessing that her name will have something to do with "dawn." If this is true, I predict that she'll eventually become a princess to complete the pattern going on with the Canterlot royalty. If the masks are significant, I suspect that the mane 6 will have to find her in a masquerade since she's important or something. I just really hope that they don't try to pull her off as a pony that wields another secret element of harmony that, for some reason, wasn't needed before! In my opinion, I'd be like watching a cliche MLP fanfiction if that happened!  >.<

Anyway, how would you guys feel about having a new mane character?  ^-^

Go Up