How to get the Blind Bag pony you want

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2013 Jan 28, 23:33:47

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

I don't know how many other people know this method, so for anyone who doesn't know, here it is! I just found out today. X3

On the flap on the back of the bag, there are numbers imprinted into it. Either there will be one or two digits (like 5, or 15), or 5 digits (like 20425). If it has 5 digits, ignore the first, third, and fifth digits in it. So if it says 20415, then you get 20415 which is 01.

Each pony has its own number in a wave, and that number is printed on the card that comes with it. That number is what you find imprinted in the flap on the bag.

Say you buy a Wave 7 blindbag, and the number imprinted on the flap is 90246. You ignore the first, third, and fifth number, thus getting 04. Now, we'll look at a database, like Strawberry Reef, for which pony in Wave 7 is number 4. It's Rainbow Dash.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to write down the ponies I want and their numbers, and I'm gonna go hunt for those numbers on the blindbags. :3

Also, you might notice that Strawberry Reef calls Soarin Spitfire and Spitfire Soarin. That's because the blindbag cards they come with switched their names for some reason. It's rather annoying.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

It ruins the whole fun of getting a random pony  >A< , this should only be used if you're trying to collect them all.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 29, 00:24:53
It ruins the whole fun of getting a random pony  >A< , this should only be used if you're trying to collect them all.

I only wanna get specific ones, and considering they're $2 each and my family's income is really low right now, I don't wanna waste money getting ponies I don't want. >.<

Pipkin

...it this some American thing?  You're all speaking German to me....

Stardust Dragon

I used that trick to fish out the ones I wanted from series 1, and besides one DVD they're kinda the only pony merch I have.  I had a list I wanted from series 2, but I haven't found them in stores.  It still worked, though, with waves 3 and 4, which I used to get some base models for a gift to my sister over Christmas.  Got lucky too; the ones I needed for her were all the ones I could find at the time!

And the specific codes that Kunrin is mentioning are, I think, isolated to the American packaging.  I think the actual number (ie 01-26) are on the bags in Europe, at least.  Considering I've never been out of the country though, might wanna take my internet research with a grain of salt.  :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2013 Jan 29, 17:23:42
And the specific codes that Kunrin is mentioning are, I think, isolated to the American packaging.  I think the actual number (ie 01-26) are on the bags in Europe, at least.  Considering I've never been out of the country though, might wanna take my internet research with a grain of salt.  :P

That may be why some of the ponies have multiple codes under them, in Strawberry Reef's database. Like, the ponies listed under Wave 3 have US and Mexican codes listed. Wave 4 has US, Canadian, and European codes listed.

Wow, that website's really helpful. :3

hyper drive [HD]

videogamehunter

This is some very helpful tips thanks.

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Go Up