My Little Build-A-Bear?

Started by Chishio Kunrin, 2013 Jan 16, 23:20:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Let's see how this turns out. :] I'm unsure if it'll be actual ponies or pony-themed bears, but considering that they have other animals than just bears, it could be possible they could be actual ponies.

Yes, I know that Build-A-Bear is somewhat expensive, but... it's a better alternative than spending hundreds of dollars on eBay and such. Granted, brony-made plushes will still likely be a lot more show-accurate than these, but at least these will be better quality and (hopefully) less creepy than some of Hasbro's. Plus there's some customizability.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Silent Wolf

O:  If it comes out any time near my brithday, I'm forcing someone in my family to take me there so I can get one. Hopefully I can customize it enough so I could make one of my OC's /)^3^(\ That is, if it's real and their going to be pony shaped, since theirs a chance that's just a fake page that got popular.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Rissian

I can imagine a lot of people will be able to make their OC's now and not have to have custom ordered ones, if they have a good selection of materials and if they look like Ponies.  ^-^

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 16, 23:24:17
O:  If it comes out any time near my brithday, I'm forcing someone in my family to take me there so I can get one. Hopefully I can customize it enough so I could make one of my OC's /)^3^(\ That is, if it's real and their going to be pony shaped, since theirs a chance that's just a fake page that got popular.

Hmmm. Checking the page. It has 2,376,115 likes. :I Looking at the About, it seems pretty legit. They have videos, photos... I think the page is likely legit. o_O

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Jenzy

2013 Jan 17, 02:45:09 #4 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 17, 05:10:44 by Jenzy
Possibly a Chisio Flash Strike plushie/bear pony! :3

PrincessButton

O: My life will be complete when this happens. I'll take Itty Bit there and we'll make all the ponies! Parfait too.  ovO
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Itty Bit

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jan 17, 06:33:17
O: My life will be complete when this happens. I'll take Itty Bit there and we'll make all the ponies! Parfait too.  ovO

^^^^^^^
<3
I've never been to build a bear before and the three of us had plans on going there together someday. This just made me more excited ^-^

PrincessParfait

Woah! So excited, guys!  <3
This'll go on my list of things to do with Pinkie and Itty o3o

PrincessButton

Quote from: PrincessParfait on 2013 Jan 17, 17:25:23
Yeah!! We'll go to nice one at the big mall.  :D Make all the ponies :33

hyper drive [HD]

Pipkin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jan 17, 17:38:15

That's....3 groups of ponies on here who know each other irl....I wish I knew other bronies around me...(well, that's the implication of this post anyways)

WHY AREN'T THERE ANY BRONIES IN ONTARIO!!!:(

Flamestriker

I want one! I'll have to go to the nearby plaza to get one.
[move][/move]

PrincessButton

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jan 17, 19:08:53

That's....3 groups of ponies on here who know each other irl....I wish I knew other bronies around me...(well, that's the implication of this post anyways)

Spoiler: off topic • show

There are ALWAYS some bronies.. you just gotta find them! :p
And we don't know each other IRL, Parfait and I are close in the same state, and Itty is planning to come visit. :]

I wonder how customizable the ponies will be.

Jenzy

I know FakeSmile and Enstramentall IRL. FakeSmile though... is in another state...

And Enstra lives in a different neighborhood and we usually just talk on the school bus...

Anywho, same here. I'll probably make myself a Blaze Drifter plushie :3

I'm a 15 yr old guy who still sleeps with a Teddy Bear and Plank X3

PrincessButton

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jan 17, 23:51:56
I know FakeSmile and Enstramentall IRL. FakeSmile though... is in another state...

And Enstra lives in a different neighborhood and we usually just talk on the school bus...

Anywho, same here. I'll probably make myself a Blaze Drifter plushie :3

I'm a 15 yr old guy who still sleeps with a Teddy Bear and Plank X3
Lol this is turning into a "who do you know irl" thread..

but do you really think that they'll be costomizable enough to make your own OC? or just stuff the mane six type dealie?

Jenzy

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jan 17, 23:59:02
but do you really think that they'll be costomizable enough to make your own OC? or just stuff the mane six type dealie?

I sure hope so. But, we'll see...

Enstramentall

If I could get one... *dreams of little kid like games with plush pony* ^-^
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Flamestriker

I hope they're customisable. I want to make my unicorn Dipsy!
[move][/move]

McSleuthburger

the only thing with customizable ponies I could see being a problem would be the colors and styles of hair/mane
I mean there are going to be some ponies that wont be the right color and with everyone having a different mane / tail style and color
it would be hard having customization ponies for everyone

im sure they will have the standard mane 6 and background ponies and if that is successful they might branch off from there
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Julius

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jan 17, 23:51:56I'm a 15 yr old guy who still sleeps with a Teddy Bear and Plank X3

Don't know what you mean by Plank exactly, but only a Teddy Bear?

Psh...

I'm a 17 year old male with several, and I do mean several plushies to sleep with! Four dogs, two little bears, A YOSHI PLUSHIE (#Swag), A big black ANGRY BIRD (It has noises!), a monkey AND a HUUUUUGE polar bear (Almost my size). Add a King size bed and furry covers and I sleep in a very soft environment like a KING! lol

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Jan 17, 23:41:03
Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jan 17, 19:08:53

Spoiler: off topic • show

There are ALWAYS some bronies.. you just gotta find them! :p
And we don't know each other IRL, Parfait and I are close in the same state, and Itty is planning to come visit. :]

I wonder how customizable the ponies will be.

You guys are so lucky... You get plushie making stores and bronies near you... Not to mention, your currency doesn't suck and you have no limitations when it comes to online shopping. I'm jelly. X3

And Laptop, I'm sure there's other bronies in Canada. Now, Venezuela on the other hoof... :c

Can somepony here make me an Applejack or Julius plushie and send me pictures once these "Build A Pony" come out? :P
Purr~

Go Up