Could a guy get some tips

Started by hyper drive [HD], 2013 Jan 08, 00:34:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hyper drive [HD]

I've been wanting to impress this girl at our school but she is in a bit higher league then I am technically saying she's a bit more popular. But I do not know how. I've only seen her in my painting class and she is a lot better then I am. I'd really to call someone mine but I don't know how to start. Any advice?

Midnight Breeze

My word may not mean much; being an asexual person who's never sought romance, but I don't like the idea of 'making a move on someone' right from the start.

How do you even know you like this girl if you haven't spoken to her directly? I hope you aren't shallow enough to judge by appearance only. You need to befriend her first before even thinking about romance.

Then again, maybe I'm biased. I don't even know what romantic attraction feels like.

hyper drive [HD]

No I hang out with her but not enough to hangout during lunch and stuff but my good friend is her best friend and there both very much alike and it's fun hanging out with them. I'm just saying we don't really hang around because I'm shy. I don't care much if the girl is pretty its by how much fun we would have and get along well

Jenzy

2013 Jan 08, 00:46:02 #3 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 08, 00:49:48 by Jenzy
Er... I'm not very sure. I haven't had a crush since I was REALLY really young... x3

But like what Midnight said, I'm for sure you have to befriend her before thinking about romance.

Eeeehh...

EDIT: Just saw the reply... Ah...

Hey, I'm rather shy myself too. Though, I don't plan to find someone until I'm older or something. I dunno... :s

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jan 08, 00:46:02
Er... I'm not very sure. I haven't had a crush since I was REALLY really young... x3

But like what Midnight said, I'm for sure you have to befriend her before thinking about romance.

Eeeehh...
well I guess I do need to hang out more but the number one thing that I think it would not work out would be I'm short and she's tall but then again all my friends are tall

Jenzy

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2013 Jan 08, 00:49:50
well I guess I do need to hang out more but the number one thing that I think it would not work out would be I'm short and she's tall but then again all my friends are tall

I know that feel... I feel pretty short for my age.

Well, I'm not the 'lovey dovey' kind of guy. I wonder what will happen when I find a love...

It'll probably differ a bit compared to Jenzy and Blaze Drifter.

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: Jenzy on 2013 Jan 08, 00:53:15

I know that feel... I feel pretty short for my age.

Well, I'm not the 'lovey dovey' kind of guy. I wonder what will happen when I find a love...

It'll probably differ a bit compared to Jenzy and Blaze Drifter.
im more I guess lovey dovey but not so much

Midnight Breeze

the number one thing that I think it would not work out would be I'm short and she's tall but then again all my friends are tall

If this would honestly mean a thing to her she's not worth dating. Just saying.

Little Judas

Quote from: My friendsSuck it up and tell her.

I'm still not brave enough to tell her but... I'm getting there.

My advice, don't have a wait and see attitude, it gets you nowhere.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Jenzy

I'll be 'forever alone' for a while...

For me, it's odd. I can't tell whether I love someone or not.

I probably do and not know it because of how I am... x3

I am still kinda curious about my old girl. We didn't really break up or anything. I was YOUNG and I dunno what happened. :\

GuitarBrony

I guess all i can add to this is

1. Be confident. Whether you're gonna simply go and ask her, or go the friendly route, BE CONFIDENT in everything you do. This is a good idea for life in general, but especially for dating type situations. Any decision you make needs to be definite and confident. Don't focus on your "flaws." Be proud of yourself, and who you are. Trust me. It sounds silly and over-said, but confidence REALLY makes a difference in how others perceive you.

2. The whole "make a move first" approach is generally a bad idea. If you're just dating around for the sake of dating around, it's acceptable, but frankly, in the world of love, it's always better to be friends first. You don't have to be BFFs for a decade or so, but at least friendly enough to know a bit about each other.

3. Be yourself. I know it sounds cliche, but this is important. DON'T try to act like someone you're not. If she's worth dating, she won't judge you based on your personality and quirks (as long as you're not a total jerk, which i assume you're not). If you have to pretend to be something you're not to be with a girl, she's not worth being with.

At the end of the day, if i had to make a suggestion, get conversation started with her. It doesn't have to be about dating or about anything of the sort. Just talk. Find out things you have in common. You'll learn stuff about her, she'll learn stuff about you, and it will start the sort of connection that you need to possibly build a relationship.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Berry.Punch

Try not to push things onto her, it might annoy her.

And if you do get in a relationship with her, try not to talk about future-relationship stuff... in my experience, that hurt all kinds of things.
GuitarBrony has the best advice, though.

PrincessButton

Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2013 Jan 08, 01:33:42

1. Be confident. Whether you're gonna simply go and ask her, or go the friendly route, BE CONFIDENT in everything you do. This is a good idea for life in general, but especially for dating type situations. Any decision you make needs to be definite and confident. Don't focus on your "flaws." Be proud of yourself, and who you are. Trust me. It sounds silly and over-said, but confidence REALLY makes a difference in how others perceive you.

2. The whole "make a move first" approach is generally a bad idea. If you're just dating around for the sake of dating around, it's acceptable, but frankly, in the world of love, it's always better to be friends first. You don't have to be BFFs for a decade or so, but at least friendly enough to know a bit about each other.

3. Be yourself. I know it sounds cliche, but this is important. DON'T try to act like someone you're not. If she's worth dating, she won't judge you based on your personality and quirks (as long as you're not a total jerk, which i assume you're not). If you have to pretend to be something you're not to be with a girl, she's not worth being with.

At the end of the day, if i had to make a suggestion, get conversation started with her. It doesn't have to be about dating or about anything of the sort. Just talk. Find out things you have in common. You'll learn stuff about her, she'll learn stuff about you, and it will start the sort of connection that you need to possibly build a relationship.

^girls like this.

and
Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2013 Jan 08, 01:33:42

Dude~! You have a class together, I've never had a class with a love interest...so take advantage of the opportunity. :D And moreover, it's a PAINTING class, sounds fun and laid back, a great place to make conversation. You said she is much better than you, maybe give her a compliment or two on her painting, ask her for help? Conversation is the best way to start.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

From my experience, you're more likely to get into a dating relationship with someone you've been friends with for a while. Some very successful relationships bloom from friendship, after all.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lord of Madness

HAY I know some tips that would actually get you the girl. but they are usually thought of as controversial.

The Silent Wolf

Being Kake n' all I can give you some great tips, people on a minecraft server called me the love doctor.... okay only I called me that.... But aside from that some tips from good ol' Kake.

1. See if she likes you back, you have higher chances of getting her if so.
2. Joke with her, maybe while your giggling and laughing it may slip out.
3. Say it in a note, it's easier to write it and give it to them than saying it outloud.
4. Give up all hope
just kidding about 4 lol
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Julius

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2013 Jan 08, 07:21:36
HAY I know some tips that would actually get you the girl. but they are usually thought of as controversial.

You got me interested now. :]

I'd offer my help too!... But I've no experience in this area as of now. Never met a girl I've actually liked before... So no girlfriends or kisses yet. And I'm the kind of guy that wants a relationship, someone to love, you know? I'm not the guy to be with some random girl just because she looks good. It's just not my thing.

I'm actually making a note of these tips myself for when I actually meet a girl I like. X3
Purr~

Lary

Don't force the friendship/relationship. It'll make you look like you're trying too hard, and could kill your possible chances.
Bring up a conversation naturally. Find some common ground with her.

The best way to push away your fear of the female is to stop thinking of her as a female - but as a person. This is very important, and can determine if you will actually stay friends with her, since most guys that skip this over tend to be after their bodies and not their person.

Another thing is that relationships don't happen overnight. It's completely possible to fall in love without a single date. Don't think you'll be paired with her right away unless you're shooting for a one-night stand.

By the way, the "Be Yourself" nonsense doesn't work. At least at first. You want to really catch her interest before letting yourself out.
What do you offer? Are you smart? Funny? Interesting? Talented? Ambitious? Creative? OK, now what do you do to demonstrate those attributes to the world? Don't say that you're a nice guy -- that's the bare minimum. Pretty girls have guys being nice to them 36 times a day.
In other words, make yourself interesting for her.

I actually have much more to say on the matter, but I'm short of time. My apologies.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Chishio Kunrin

*Claps* Congratulations, you brought Lary out of the shadows! :3 Wonderful advice, by the way, Lary.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

McSleuthburger

my only advice is from Micheal J Caboose, best line to ask the girl for a date

"I think you are pretty, and you haven't hurt my body in a long time, so I thought maybe you would go with me, and we could hold hands, and when you went with me, you would be my real girlfriend. "

but really if you can make her laugh, your already part of the way there
if/when you do ask her try to do it in a private setting so there is not a bunch of peer pressure from others around
and then ill repeat what everyone else says blah blah blah
good luck I hope all goes well
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up