Okay, Who else is still irked about the season 2 finale?

Started by King of The Gone, 2013 Jan 04, 14:50:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

King of The Gone

2013 Jan 04, 14:50:31 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 04, 14:52:20 by King of The Gone
  :l
i just can't stop remembering how Twi' got straight up ignored by her friends, disowned by her brother, and just thrown out by her fuax-mother. and then they don't even apologize! and she's fine with it!

GuitarBrony

The apology is sort of implied. Although they don't straight up say the words "I'm sorry" on screen, it's sort of insinuated that somewhere along the lines there was an apology and forgiveness, be it verbal or nonverbal.

But yeah. i see what you mean. I've seen some fanfiction that delved into that, similar to the whole "Mare-do-well" debacle.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Blues-Music

I'm not sure why waste precious screen time by having ponies say "Lol yeah sorry bout dat."
"Yeah OMG totally should have believed you."
Its kind of self implied.

HerpyDooves

Chishio Kunrin

Like it's been said here, it was implied/insinuated, especially with the "You were right" "We should've believed you" "You faced your doubts and brought back the real Cadence" kind of stuff that was said.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

alexandas

The season 2 finale was the best finale ever, i loved it, who cares if they didn't believe in twi, and besides her foal sitter was a fake so that makes it all good.  I'm sure out of the episodes
Spoiler: show
if the ponyverse was is real
she was apologized to a lot
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

GoldenTerrabyte

SA was still a jerk. (Read in mocking tone)"You wanna know why my eyes went all :o? Blah blah blah, headaches, she's not evil..." Yeah, why'd you have to yell at your sister, Shining Armor?
I'm back

Blues-Music

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 05, 10:43:11
SA was still a jerk. (Read in mocking tone)"You wanna know why my eyes went all :o? Blah blah blah, headaches, she's not evil..." Yeah, why'd you have to yell at your sister, Shining Armor?

Well she did call his wife evil , make her cry , and chased her our of the place yelling that she was evil

GoldenTerrabyte

Well, yeah, but still, just the "If I were you, I wouldn't come to the wedding at all" line would still be a HUGE emotional wound for her. But although you are definhtely right, I just don't like hearing him tell her not to even be there.
I'm back

Book Smarts

I'm confused at what King is talking about, Twilight was only uninvited because of Chrysalis manipulating her brother. If he is talking about Twilight being sent to Ponyville, she went because of Celestia's order.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Jan 05, 11:01:52
Well, yeah, but still, just the "If I were you, I wouldn't come to the wedding at all" line would still be a HUGE emotional wound for her. But although you are definhtely right, I just don't like hearing him tell her not to even be there.

He was being manipulated and mind controlled by Crysalis. Besides, he thought it was the real Cadence and felt hurt that his sister, who he had been extremely close with since she was a filly, started being so rude and horrible and trying to "ruin" his wedding.

Who walks into the preparations for their brother's wedding, starts yelling at the bride, making accusations you believe to be false, calling her evil, making her cry, and chasing her away? It seems very uncalled for from his point of view, especially since he had logical explanations that he believed to be true, such as her mind control spell actually being a healing spell for his migraines.

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 05, 11:29:43
I'm confused at what King is talking about, Twilight was only uninvited because of Chrysalis manipulating her brother. If he is talking about Twilight being sent to Ponyville, she went because of Celestia's order.

I think he was talking about how even Celestia told Twilight "You have a lot to think about." and siding with Shining Armor.

Lary

I know it's been a few days, but I absolutely hate this episode for very legitimate reasons and I cannot stay quiet.

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin
He was being manipulated and mind controlled by Crysalis. Besides, he thought it was the real Cadence and felt hurt that his sister, who he had been extremely close with since she was a filly, started being so rude and horrible and trying to "ruin" his wedding.

Who walks into the preparations for their brother's wedding, starts yelling at the bride, making accusations you believe to be false, calling her evil, making her cry, and chasing her away? It seems very uncalled for from his point of view, especially since he had logical explanations that he believed to be true, such as her mind control spell actually being a healing spell for his migraines.

You seem to be forgetting that the entire city was under complete security lockdown due to an anonymous threat. Not to mention how extremely RUDE she was to everybody, which makes Twilight Sparkle's theory even stronger. Why would they take an accusation like that so lightly and not investigate? Because the writers thought it'd be a good idea to make everybody except Twilight Sparkle completely defect of logical thinking for two episodes just so they can get their stupid love story out.

I can understand Shining Armor blindly following her due to the mind control, but Princess Celestia, of all ponies, should have taken her accusation into consideration. She knows Twilight Sparkle. She knows that she would never make some sort of crazy theory like this without proper proof (Remember the pilot?).

And her friends completely sided with the absolute jerk of a princess over their best friend? Isn't this show called "Friendship is Magic" and not "Cheesy Soap Opera"?

(And don't tell me they didn't know what was coming. In the world of My Little Pony, anything is possible which means there's no excuse to not believe her)
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Blues-Music

Quote from: Lary on 2013 Jan 08, 08:24:00
I know it's been a few days, but I absolutely hate this episode for very legitimate reasons and I cannot stay quiet.

You seem to be forgetting that the entire city was under complete security lockdown due to an anonymous threat. Not to mention how extremely RUDE she was to everybody, which makes Twilight Sparkle's theory even stronger. Why would they take an accusation like that so lightly and not investigate? Because the writers thought it'd be a good idea to make everybody except Twilight Sparkle completely defect of logical thinking for two episodes just so they can get their stupid love story out.

I can understand Shining Armor blindly following her due to the mind control, but Princess Celestia, of all ponies, should have taken her accusation into consideration. She knows Twilight Sparkle. She knows that she would never make some sort of crazy theory like this without proper proof (Remember the pilot?).

And her friends completely sided with the absolute jerk of a princess over their best friend? Isn't this show called "Friendship is Magic" and not "Cheesy Soap Opera"?

(And don't tell me they didn't know what was coming. In the world of My Little Pony, anything is possible which means there's no excuse to not believe her)

I 79% agree with this. I really disliked the episode , but i have seen worse. Not in this show , but compared to the other shows turned into "I should have believed you , but I didn't" drama episodes.

Lary

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 08, 09:50:20
I 79% agree with this. I really disliked the episode , but i have seen worse. Not in this show , but compared to the other shows turned into "I should have believed you , but I didn't" drama episodes.

Oh believe me, I've seen far far worse as well. That's not the point. The writers have proven in past episodes that they can make really, really good stories and believable characters in legitimate situations. This entire episode is a joke compared to that. I can't even believe it took itself as seriously as it did with all it's flaws.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Rissian

Quote from: Lary on 2013 Jan 08, 08:24:00

Well, as for Princess Celestia not knowing, you have to consider the fact that Cadence is her niece what reason would they have had to suspect her as the fake Cadence when based on the story's plot Cadence has been with Twilight and Shining Armor since Twilight was a filly. Cadence was likely at the castle just as long as Twilight herself was in Canterlot. So if that information is correct Celestia most likely knows both Cadence and Twilight really well. Although it also begs to question why Celestia didn't detect fake Cadence's change of personality.

It also questions if fake Cadence acted mean or nasty at all around Celestia to cause her to be suspicious in the first place. With Celestia guarding the day in the episode I doubt she had time to realize any of that meaning she had no reason to be suspicious towards Cadence in the first place. You also have to remember Twilight has taken things to the extreme before around Celestia just remember past episodes like Lesson Zero.

If you think about it Crysalis had a perfect card hand in this episode, Celestia and Luna were too busy to detect any changes in Fake Cadence's personality Twilight is known to take things to the extreme Shining Armor was under mind control, she warmed up to Twilight's friends by making them bridesmaids and they were too busy to pay attention when she was acting rude because they were working on the wedding details. Which lead them to believe Twilight was just jealous of her brothers fiancée.

Crysalis also made a tactical move by fake crying after Twilight accused all of that, it was a chance for her to not have to explain anything by running out of the room and crying, despite Twilight being perfectly correct she basically used that to escape the scene and get rid of Twilight when no one was around.

(Based on this info Crysalis may be a talented tactician which makes sense because she's the queen of the changeling's. Her plan was only foiled when she made the mistake of putting Twilight in the same cave as the real Cadence.)

NightlyMoon

Sticks and stones may break my bones but I'll defeat your knive-like words.

colinkochevar

I thought the whole story checked out okay with what you guys are debating. Yeah I thought her friends should have believed her a little more but Cadence is a princess who nopony would ever dream of accusing of being evil. And you can't say anything bad about Shining Armour on this episode because he was being controlled by Chrysalis. I thought it was overall a decent episode, but had a couple of other flaws, being the beginning and close to the end. The beginning was just like, "Really???" because she never mentioned she had a brother before so why did she all of a sudden act like he'd been so amazing without first perhaps giving a reason why she never talks about him. My only other gripe was how the end (saving equestria) happened so fast. It's like they just ran out of time and so they had to make the ending (Cadence's love for Shining Armour magically saving equestria) too fast. But yeah overall it was a good episode.
How can party rock be in the house tonight, if everybody's outside?

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: colinkochevar on 2013 Jan 13, 00:02:27
I thought the whole story checked out okay with what you guys are debating. Yeah I thought her friends should have believed her a little more but Cadence is a princess who nopony would ever dream of accusing of being evil. And you can't say anything bad about Shining Armour on this episode because he was being controlled by Chrysalis. I thought it was overall a decent episode, but had a couple of other flaws, being the beginning and close to the end. The beginning was just like, "Really???" because she never mentioned she had a brother before so why did she all of a sudden act like he'd been so amazing without first perhaps giving a reason why she never talks about him. My only other gripe was how the end (saving equestria) happened so fast. It's like they just ran out of time and so they had to make the ending (Cadence's love for Shining Armour magically saving equestria) too fast. But yeah overall it was a good episode.

Never mentioned Shining Armor: I agree on that. It's quite annoying. But I have a theory that he originally wasn't going to exist. There's evidence that they had the season 3 premiere already planned before they even aired the season 2 premiere. They designed Cadence specifically to fit the season 3 premiere, as the princess of the Crystal Empire. The royal wedding happened, and I guess they decided that a Canterlot wedding would be a good chance to introduce her while also honoring the real life royal wedding.

The ending: A big thing I liked about the ending was that the mane six weren't the heroes. Seriously. I get very tired of the main character(s) of a show being the hero over and over and over again. Something bad happens? We know who the hero is. No need to guess at all. They always win. Woopdeedoo. So that's why I like Cadence and Shining saving the day in Canterlot Wedding, as well as Spike saving the day in Crystal Empire.

Midnight Star

I thought the ending was a tad bit rushed, yes, but I wholeheartedly agree with Chiseo, that it was Love and not friendship, that saved them, which made it so great!

About Fake Cadence's meanness and rudeness, and Twilight being the only one to notice: Twilight was never a socialite before she came to Ponyville, and only really hung around her brother and Celestia. Cadence was her foalsitter, so we may assume, that they didn't spend much time in contact, once Twilight didn't need to be looked after anymore.

Shining already mentioned that Cadence was stressed out over the wedding. I mean, look at it, Cadence was about to get married, most girls' biggest day of their life, and she couldn't spend it in piece, preparing with her beloved, so of course she would be cranky. On top of that, a huge threat had been made against her home, right up to her wedding! I would have gone all-out-bridezilla mode, if I couldn't be the center of attention on my own wedding day  lol lol I think that is what everypony else, but Twi, is assuming. Again, referring to Twi not really having experienced a lot of other Ponies under pressure, who'd be sad or hurt about something so important to them. So, seeing things from the other's point of view, I can understand, why they would think Twi was overreacting to much.

Go Up