WiiU

Started by Itty Bit, 2012 Nov 19, 15:11:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Itty Bit

No topic has been made about this yet? Kinda strange, since it's a new big name console...
So what do you guys think about it? And if you have it, how is it? What games do you have for it, and how are they?
Personally I haven't looked too much into it, but I'm sure as time goes on I'm gonna be getting one for myself... Just gotta get the funds for it~

Rissian

I usually get any Nintendo console that comes out since I like a lot of Nintendo stuff, so one of these days I'll hopefully have enough money for a Wii U.  ovO

As it seems like it will be pretty awesome, I heard rumors it may have android app support but those were found on google so who knows how accurate that is.

Darkangel

I have it. ovO But I got the regular one, since all the deluxe ones were sold out. And I got lucky because it was the last Wii U. It's kinda like a crossover of the DS (It has a stylus and a screen), Wii(The console), and a GameCube(Lz, Rz buttons). It's pretty cool if you ask me. It has YouTube which is cool, also the main menu looks like the 3DS menu.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Xeno Aura

I may get it eventually, when it goes down in price, but I've sort of veered away from console gaming now, the only company that holds interest for me is Nintendo.

lurk852

2012 Nov 19, 17:30:49 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 19, 17:32:25 by lurk852
I was really tempted to go for it - I could've effectively gotten $100-150 off from selling my Wii to a family member who wants one. However, I just can't justify buying it yet, not when it only has like 1.5 exclusive games (NSMBU and Nintendo Land) that interest me. Sure, there are some cool third party titles too... but I already have a PS3, and I could buy all those games for less, without needing to get a U. (I hear there are mixed reviews on how well each game was adapted to the U, too.)

I'm sure I'll get it once there are more cool games out for it. I just kind of wish it were more appealing now :c At any rate, I've still got several Wii games to eventually buy and play before I run out of that sort of thing.

Also, word on the street is no price drops for quite awhile. Hope that isn't true. I'm sure there won't be one too soon, though, because of all the fallout when they lowered the price on the 3DS. (That's another system I'd like to get but can't justify due to not enough good new games...)
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Lary

I've learned my lesson with the 3DS - not buying it until it has games worth buying the console for.
Pikmin 3 for example.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Julius

I'm buying it before December 24 (No specific date other than that) when I go to either Aruba or New York. :D

I'm going for the black deluxe version.

Hoping to find it in Nintendo World if I end up going to New York.
Purr~

LaptopCommandStation

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Nov 20, 14:46:59
I've learned my lesson with the 3DS - not buying it until it has games worth buying the console for.

This

I made that mistake when I bought my Wii.  Even now the only games I play with it is Rock Band and Mario Kart(and my gamecube games).

On that note i'll likely not buy a new console, as there is a million things i'm working on getting before then(including a house.... X3)

lurk852

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Nov 20, 19:14:55
Quote from: Lary on 2012 Nov 20, 14:46:59

This

I made that mistake when I bought my Wii.  Even now the only games I play with it is Rock Band and Mario Kart(and my gamecube games).

On that note i'll likely not buy a new console, as there is a million things i'm working on getting before then(including a house.... X3)

Agreed about the 3DS - right now there are 4-5 games max I'd be interested in getting for it. Seems like half the good ones are ports of things I've already played. I'm still holding out hope that more will come out, but I won't be buying it until that's confirmed.

LCS - I dunno, after I get all the Wii games I'm interested in I'll have about ten for the system, which is my average. It's always good to wait if there aren't that many games that grab you, of course. And good luck with the house  :P
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Jenzy

I WAS GONNA MAKE ONE BUT I ALWAYS WAIT FOR SOMEPONY ELSE TO DO IT >A<

Anyways, man! I reallly want a Deluxe Edition Wii U! I'll then have a White Wii and a Black Wii U.

IMO, the Deluxe is a great deal because it comes with Nintendo Land and other stuff and Wii U games are like, $60/ :I

Wii U Basic + Wii U game = $360~
Wii U Deluxe comes with Nintendo Land and bonuses = $350~ ("$10 less" with bonuses)

The graphics look wonderful! I want one for Christmas or sometime later when more games come out.
I love how the New Super Mario looks. Like Super Mario World! And, the level designs are fantastic. I also like the features that come with it. No more Friend Codes! Wii U-se Nintendo Network IDs now and there's Wii U Chat, like a "Skype" on the console.

What I love the most is that you can play on the Game Pad, so whenever your dad wants to watch Football or something, you can go ahead and switch the channel on the controller and continue playing on the Game Pad. :D (I barely get any time to play my Wii at all anymore :l)

Book Smarts

I'm off of console gaming, it's way to expensive and the best features are usually found on the pc version of games

Jenzy

I love my 3DS. More and more games are coming, but the lack of bits... :l

Well, this is Wii U talk, so, not gonna say le wishlist for 3DS :P (Except for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I WANT IT! I Need It! I really like it's mane!)

Flamestriker

I do what I always do - wait for the price to lower and more and better games to come out. We always get one of every nintendo system (I've been playing nintendo games since I was 6 and had the good ol' game cube), but the wiiU looks very promising, due to the fact that it has a touch screen though you can connect the old controllers to the system, has more content, and it has HD display.
[move][/move]

Book Smarts

The second the price of either the next xbox or ps are announced, Nintendo will lower the price of the wiiU, that's my own prediction.

Jenzy

2012 Nov 21, 20:27:58 #14 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 21, 20:30:19 by Jenzy
Sadly, the price won't lower for years.

Nintendo :l (It is a reasonable price though for such a powerful console)

Rad Thunder

I just got mine today! I love it! :D
Except the battery died. Now gotta wait for it to recharge.

Jenzy

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Nov 21, 20:31:10
I just got mine today! I love it! :D
Except the battery died. Now gotta wait for it to recharge.

Saw your comment about that in Life in Ponyville. How is it?

Which version did you get? The Basic or Deluxe?

Rad Thunder

Jenzy

So... What games did you get (besides Nintendo Land)?

Rad Thunder

Just New Super Mario Bros U. Nothing else looks good yet.

Go Up