(New Forum Theme Discussion) MY LITTLE PONIES!!

Started by Liska, 2012 Sep 21, 23:36:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Book Smarts

All I request; is that the nav bar with home,profile, and the others be moved to the middle, instead of completely to the left

PrincessButton

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 22, 10:04:57
All I request; is that the nav bar with home,profile, and the others be moved to the middle, instead of completely to the left

Yeah, that'd be nicer..

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Sep 22, 10:09:53

Yeah, that'd be nicer..

I don't mind it being on the left.

Hey, those of you who've also been around since EO, does the theme seem a little bit vaguely familiar to any of you? o.O Like... the rainbows, maybe? Or something else?

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

SapphirePony

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 22, 11:21:20
Hey, those of you who've also been around since EO, does the theme seem a little bit vaguely familiar to any of you? o.O Like... the rainbows, maybe? Or something else?
The clouds? I don't know... I whiped all my memory from my EO days.

Lusterless Nova

I like the sky blue background and the clouds with rainbow-waterfalls. But the background for the messages is a bit too bright.
Could we use the old colors? Or how about some new colors for that?

PrincessButton

If we are giving suggestions.. I think it'd be helpful if the Unread and Replies links/buttons were bigger.  X3 They are very small right now.

Julius

So, I'm seeing people agreeing to these:

Spoiler: show

The unread/replies buttons are too small (Not to mention, they were better as they were: "Show unread replies to your posts"), we would like to see our Avatars up there, and the text saying we're online is too small.

These buttons... The words "Bigger, Cooler!" come to mind. Also, that color...  :l

This is more of a personal opinion, but I think the old purple "New" buttons showing a new post or reply were perfect. Now these stars are... Well...  :s

And last but not least, a lot of people is suggesting for you guys to add an option to switch between themes, but since Anya said the old theme will be completely forgotten... Well I'm not too sure about this one happening.

That is all! :)
Purr~

PrincessButton

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Sep 22, 14:25:03
So, I'm seeing people agreeing to these:

The unread/replies buttons are too small (Not to mention, they were better as they were: "Show unread replies to your posts"), we would like to see our Avatars up there, and the text saying we're online is too small.

These buttons... The words "Bigger, Cooler!" come to mind. Also, that color...  :l

This is more of a personal opinion, but I think the old purple "New" buttons showing a new post or reply were perfect. Now these stars are... Well...  :s

And last but not least, a lot of people is suggesting for you guys to add an option to switch between themes, but since Anya said the old theme will be completely forgotten... Well I'm not too sure about this one happening.

That is all! :)
I sorta disagree, I like the stars. o 3 o

Zygrograxgra

Just give us the option on the forum to choose a dark version and I'll be happy.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Lusterless Nova

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Sep 22, 15:43:06
Just give us the option on the forum to choose a dark version and I'll be happy.
That would be a neat idea. Is it possible to add a theme selector here?

Liska

We have had the ability to select themes in the past. In fact, we made themes for all the Mane 6 as well as some other well-liked ponies.
We don't wish to take up a majority of space with the themes, and like I've said before, when the forums are integrated with the website, you will definitely not be able to select your own theme, and it will be much like the one we have now.
I will look through all the suggestions and get to changing the logical ones when I have time. :)

Bravo 658

Oh, yay!  I found the 'mark all as read' button.
I'm happy again!

Liska

The Post/Preview buttons have been modified a tad. Better? Worse? :P

Nala Valor

The Wandering Magus

might it be possible to make the fonts a bit bigger? x3 I think the margins were smaller in the older format, which (at least for me) kind of helped readability; I have to sort of squint to see things at the moment >.<
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Zygrograxgra

Seriously, it really does hurt to read with this style, and adjusting my brightness isn't doing a thing.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Stitchin Time

I... don't really like it.  >.< I want the old theme back, please don't hurt me.

Itty Bit

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 22, 11:21:20
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Sep 22, 10:09:53

Yeah, that'd be nicer..

I don't mind it being on the left.

Ehh, not really. This one looks a lot more like its own thing moreso than a pony fanforum.
That being said, I remember using the Pinkie Pie styled theme the whole time :>

Julius

2012 Sep 22, 23:22:31 #79 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 22, 23:25:20 by Julius

Small victory! :D
Purr~

Go Up