The Road to Alpha!

Started by SweBow, 2012 Jul 18, 13:12:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Julius

Purr~

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 09, 12:08:46
But what exactly does walking on clouds entail?  Will the clouds be shaped like marble, or will there be a sort of foggy mist covering everything?  I wonder what the sound of hooves on cloud is like.

Yeah, I've been wondering about how hooves would sound on cloud. Also, for kind of a cloudy mist, instead of having a bunch of particle effect, they could have a little layer of cloud without a collision box so our hooves are actually going through some of the cloud, but we're not falling through Cloudsdale.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Bravo 658

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 09, 14:41:26
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 09, 12:08:46
But what exactly does walking on clouds entail?  Will the clouds be shaped like marble, or will there be a sort of foggy mist covering everything?  I wonder what the sound of hooves on cloud is like.

Yeah, I've been wondering about how hooves would sound on cloud. Also, for kind of a cloudy mist, instead of having a bunch of particle effect, they could have a little layer of cloud without a collision box so our hooves are actually going through some of the cloud, but we're not falling through Cloudsdale.

*poof*

Princess_Luna

so cloudsdale is kinda done... well now speedydove has a place to work lol , i think it makes every pony happy to see one check done and know that the check is for a new place to explore!
Rub some bacon on it.

SweBow

Quote from: Princess_Luna on 2012 Nov 09, 18:42:31
so cloudsdale is kinda done... well now speedydove has a place to work lol , i think it makes every pony happy to see one check done and know that the check is for a new place to explore!

Nay. The MAP is done. Not the 3D landscape ;)

Killer0585

2012 Nov 09, 20:24:29 #545 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 09, 20:30:16 by Killer0585
Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Nov 08, 21:46:17
You'll be rather surprised on just how many staff are actually apart of this project, half of them you'll probably never see though... hidden in the shadow.  ovO

*Pokes head out of shadows* ovO

True Statement
tfw your sig is so good that some website put a watermark on it a year later.
[move]HATERS GONNA HATE
[/move]

LostSanity

You know what?

I'll just go ahead and ask.

Will there be another stress test like what was done for Pre-Alpha?
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

McSleuthburger

Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Nov 10, 18:22:33
You know what?

nothing like that is even in the planning stages right now that I know of but dont worry eventually im sure there will be something
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Firefly

Are we going to have special accessories/events/mini-games in the game when there is a special occasion/public holiday? (e.g. Halloween hats during Halloween, Santa Claus hats during Christmas and so on...)
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Weatherboy1

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Nov 10, 18:33:13
You know what?

nothing like that is even in the planning stages right now that I know of but dont worry eventually im sure there will be something

Maybe there should be one for a week when you guys hit alpha, just to make sure the servers work with the additional server lag that is likely to happen from the quests, and the new abilities and stuff.

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Nov 10, 21:03:08
Are we going to have special accessories/events/mini-games in the game when there is a special occasion/public holiday? (e.g. Halloween hats during Halloween, Santa Claus hats during Christmas and so on...)

im pretty sure there will be events, im guessing there might be some accessories as for mini-games I have no clue

Quote from: Weatherboy1 on 2012 Nov 10, 21:09:41
You know what?

Maybe there should be one for a week when you guys hit alpha, just to make sure the servers work with the additional server lag that is likely to happen from the quests, and the new abilities and stuff.

when we feel we are ready im sure we will have one, only time will tell
Ye-olde ex mod

LostSanity

You know what?

:'(
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Pegasoul51

There was a lot of lag for me in the stress test. Sometimes when I went through portals, it stopped responding and took a long time to get there. Will that be fixed or is it just my laptop?  >.<

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Pegasoul51 on 2012 Nov 11, 12:35:46
There was a lot of lag for me in the stress test. Sometimes when I went through portals, it stopped responding and took a long time to get there. Will that be fixed or is it just my laptop?  >.<

I mean our servers will hopefully be upgraded by beta and dont worry you werent the only one to get lag
in the cities there was lag because the amount of ponies in each city running around and talking

also I know they have been able to run the game on crappy computers, so if you computer is like 2-3 years old you should be fine, I mean mine is like 5-6 and I could play it with minimal problems
Ye-olde ex mod

Pegasoul51

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Nov 11, 13:35:31
Quote from: Pegasoul51 on 2012 Nov 11, 12:35:46

I mean our servers will hopefully be upgraded by beta and dont worry you werent the only one to get lag
in the cities there was lag because the amount of ponies in each city running around and talking

also I know they have been able to run the game on crappy computers, so if you computer is like 2-3 years old you should be fine, I mean mine is like 5-6 and I could play it with minimal problems

I got mine early summer this year. Maybe it's because the space left is almost gone....

The Wandering Magus

hope they fix the "falling into the nether" thing and the "trapped under stairs" thing.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Nov 11, 18:56:38
hope they fix the "falling into the nether" thing and the "trapped under stairs" thing.

Could've sworn people were falling into the void, not the nether. :P The nether has more lava and evil creatures.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 11, 19:11:38

Could've sworn people were falling into the void, not the nether. :P The nether has more lava and evil creatures.
xD whatever it's called.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Chack

There was a lot of complaining about that. Seemed like if one person fell or got trapped, nearly everyone else did the same just to see what would happen. lol
Wait for it...

Vertigo,

Are clouds hard to make?

Go Up