Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LunarDusk

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2016 Dec 03, 02:31:16
I've been there so many times lol gotta hold the faucet down while washing one hand, then exchange hands.

Make it even worse, only one temperature... cold.

Hue, thats the thing...and besides you know since so many unclean hands touch the faucet which it itself would be covered in it to begin with its just an endless loop that would just be a permanent germ on one of them because it requires full contact in order for you to cleanse them but you'd only have 1 thats able to be cleansed since it'd be the only one there.  :l
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2016 Dec 03, 02:43:32
Hue, thats the thing...and besides you know since so many unclean hands touch the faucet which it itself would be covered in it to begin with its just an endless loop that would just be a permanent germ on one of them because it requires full contact in order for you to cleanse them but you'd only have 1 thats able to be cleansed since it'd be the only one there.  :l

OOF. Now I am glad I don't have an OCD in super clean hands. I would think soap covering the button would sanitize it. Still has it.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

Wichita Falls is so cold, so incredibly cold. I walked from my dorm to the DFAC this morning at 0530, which is a 5 minute walk. My face was completely numb by the time I got there.

Is this Norway? I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere and accidentally crossed the Atlantic.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 08, 13:16:06
Wichita Falls is so cold, so incredibly cold. I walked from my dorm to the DFAC this morning at 0530, which is a 5 minute walk. My face was completely numb by the time I got there.

Is this Norway? I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere and accidentally crossed the Atlantic.

As a native born Californian, I was alarmed to see that weather for my area is forecast to snow in the next two days.  Its more just "oh hey, this is the weather around me now" and a change to be made but...windchill put it literally 6 degrees below freezing for the 10 minutes I had to walk from school to my house with food in my hand.  That was fun.

Oh and to top it off, the house I'm renting has two divided living sections...and the place I can't get to just has their smoke detector's batteries dying.  For some reason it only sounds in the middle of he night...when, you know, most students are trying to sleep.  Or study before sleeping.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Dec 08, 13:44:45
As a native born Californian, I was alarmed to see that weather for my area is forecast to snow in the next two days.  Its more just "oh hey, this is the weather around me now" and a change to be made but...windchill put it literally 6 degrees below freezing for the 10 minutes I had to walk from school to my house with food in my hand.  That was fun.

Oh and to top it off, the house I'm renting has two divided living sections...and the place I can't get to just has their smoke detector's batteries dying.  For some reason it only sounds in the middle of he night...when, you know, most students are trying to sleep.  Or study before sleeping.

I got a nice frostbite last night when I had to stand outside in the cold for 2 dang hours because of some fiasco caused by an airman in a completely different squadron. I had just got back to my dorm room for the night and was about to get into the shower when suddenly the intercom blared "Attention in the squadron area attention in the dormitory! Attention in the squadron area attention in the dormitory! ALL airmen fall out to the north drill pad in full ABUs!"

We had to wait around out there all night for a 5 minute speech. I don't think I can say exactly what happened that caused it but it sucked. I was not a happy camper.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 08, 13:16:06

Apparently, the entire USA is getting hit by an arctic blast. Just a couple days ago, Hawaii got 2 feet of snow in some places.
It's just gonna get colder. Get ready.

Thank goodness I own a couple of thick, really warm jackets despite living someplace where it rarely gets cold enough to warrant such coats. You never know when there'll be freakishly cold weather.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LunarDusk

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Dec 09, 06:10:26
Apparently, the entire USA is getting hit by an arctic blast. Just a couple days ago, Hawaii got 2 feet of snow in some places.
It's just gonna get colder. Get ready.

Thank goodness I own a couple of thick, really warm jackets despite living someplace where it rarely gets cold enough to warrant such coats. You never know when there'll be freakishly cold weather.

Ahuehuehue... And by freakishly cold considering your location...which temperature range are you referring  to.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Midnight Breeze

TFW you accidentally overcharge your credit card by $11 buying a new computer. I didn't even know that was a thing, I thought if you tried to charge more than your credit limit the charge would simply be denied. I payed it down a couple hundred dollars immediately, I sure hope this does ruin my credit.

Well this sucks. I wanted to get a new credit card but having a maxed-out credit line isn't going to look good on my application. I should probably pay it down a bit before trying. I only make $1000 a month on my paltry E-1 salary so it could be a while.

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 12, 20:41:53
TFW you accidentally overcharge your credit card by $11 buying a new computer. I didn't even know that was a thing, I thought if you tried to charge more than your credit limit the charge would simply be denied. I payed it down a couple hundred dollars immediately, I sure hope this does ruin my credit.

Well this sucks. I wanted to get a new credit card but having a maxed-out credit line isn't going to look good on my application. I should probably pay it down a bit before trying. I only make $1000 a month on my paltry E-1 salary so it could be a while.

I made that mistake once and my bank charged me BIG TIME when my bill came in.  I had to call them to change it.  I guess that's how they make their money...

McClaw

Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2016 Dec 12, 20:52:16
I made that mistake once and my bank charged me BIG TIME when my bill came in.  I had to call them to change it.  I guess that's how they make their money...

Interest on carried balances is their primary money-maker. Overage charges and other fees supplement that. But if you seriously exceed your credit limit (or use a card that doesn't allow overages), you will be told you can't make the purchase; it depends on the service and the store. (I've only had it happen once, when I was first furnishing my own place and was buying a bed frame and mattress.)

Keeping track of your finances (credit, checking, savings, etc.) and planning ahead -- especially with an "emergency fund" to act as a buffer to your cash flow -- is a lesson we should all learn.
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

Irroro

Friggin' climate change...

Not exactly the end of the world, but it's definitely the end of a lot of animals and creatures.

Maddening.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Midnight Breeze

So, this Monday I developed a blister between two of my toes that got worse and worse until by Wednesday morning I could barely walk. I went to the clinic and got it taken care of, they gave me a marching/running waiver for the week.

Well, today my squadron had a mock pt test, if you fail any portion you have to go to extra pt every Friday morning, which sucks, especially in the cold weather. I didn't participate because of my waiver, but I saw that for some bizarre reason we do our "1.5" mile run on the road over a poorly measured course that's almost 2 miles in actuality, but still scored by 1.5 mile standards. My waiver expires tomorrow, I get the sneaking suspicion they're going to make me make it up on Monday.

Well, I'm doomed. I'm horrible at running. I ran my 1.5 mile at BMT in an abysmal 12:40, the bare minimum passing time is 13:30. Heck, the only reason I passed with that run time is because I maxed out my strength and waist measurement scores. I feel like the combination of my sore foot and a longer run course is a deadly combination. This is gonna suck.

Irroro

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 15, 20:59:53
So, this Monday I developed a blister between two of my toes that got worse and worse until by Wednesday morning I could barely walk. I went to the clinic and got it taken care of, they gave me a marching/running waiver for the week.

Well, today my squadron had a mock pt test, if you fail any portion you have to go to extra pt every Friday morning, which sucks, especially in the cold weather. I didn't participate because of my waiver, but I saw that for some bizarre reason we do our "1.5" mile run on the road over a poorly measured course that's almost 2 miles in actuality, but still scored by 1.5 mile standards. My waiver expires tomorrow, I get the sneaking suspicion they're going to make me make it up on Monday.

Well, I'm doomed. I'm horrible at running. I ran my 1.5 mile at BMT in an abysmal 12:40, the bare minimum passing time is 13:30. Heck, the only reason I passed with that run time is because I maxed out my strength and waist measurement scores. I feel like the combination of my sore foot and a longer run course is a deadly combination. This is gonna suck.

My sympathy for you, man.

LunarDusk

When peeps assume arguing is fighting...'nough said

The rest you would know  :l
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Chishio Kunrin

My mom tends to have this attitude of "I'm definitely right, and you're wrong/don't know what you're talking about/misremembering because I'm always right" no matter how many times it turns out she's wrong. I can't deal with it. It just bugs me.

And today, I got annoyed with her doing that over a really dumb argument: the cat we used to have, who she named Samuel... was he all gray or was he a tabby/Siamese mix that kinda looked like a white tiger? She said he was all gray. I told her she was thinking of Samson, a friend's cat that was living with us when we lived in another house. I even asked her "The cat we had when we were living in the other house?" and she said "Yes." Samson, the all gray cat, was in the other house. Samuel, the white tiger looking cat, was in the house we're living in now.

Not to mention that my mom has been having memory issues due to her medications... and yet she tells me that I'm the one who's remembering wrong and insisted that she's right.
>:/
Whatever. Not worth arguing about, but really, it annoys me when she insists she's right no matter what I say and it later turns out that I was right but she doesn't bother to learn from it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

What's the deal with Gen-Z'ers and skinny jeans, eh? I'm a millennial, we always wore our pants super baggy...well, male millennials, anyway.

I've always worn my clothes loose and baggy. I HATE tight clothes, they make me feel fat. I can't adapt to modern fashion trends when I feel like I'm about to bust out of my clothes. Never thought I'd see the day when wearing baggy, relaxed-fit clothes made you look like an old fart.

Man, I don't even have a lawn and I'm already telling people to get off it.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Dec 17, 19:15:01
What's the deal with Gen-Z'ers and skinny jeans, eh? I'm a millennial, we always wore our pants super baggy...well, male millennials, anyway.

I've always worn my clothes loose and baggy. I HATE tight clothes, they make me feel fat. I can't adapt to modern fashion trends when I feel like I'm about to bust out of my clothes. Never thought I'd see the day when wearing baggy, relaxed-fit clothes made you look like an old fart.

Man, I don't even have a lawn and I'm already telling people to get off it.

Heh I alternate between both fashions whenever. TBH I never even noticed that it was technically a trend but then again I wear the types that are made of materials that are more elastic since im very mobile. lol
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Irroro

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2016 Dec 17, 05:02:59
When peeps assume arguing is fighting...'nough said

The rest you would know  :l

I do. My sympathy for you as well, LunarDusk. XP

Well, actually, in this case, my empathy for you instead, since I too was once like that.

Actually, I am like that. What am I saying? XP

But that specific misunderstanding was kind of adorable, you've gotta admit, not annoying. All she said was, "STOP FIGHTING!!!" And you took it all cool and stuff saying, "This isn't a fight, mate." All Australian and stuff. And, between you and me, I found that little dribble of three posts kind of refreshing. Our roleplay updates are slowww. It's nice to have a informal talk with text sometimes, even if it does lead to misunderstandings.

Jcfraven

When you see that all the recent intro posts, and most every intro thread, have the same copied and pasted message as the last one. Nothing more welcoming than having the same message mass-produced and given to you. I still remember helping to get such an act banned somewhere else, albeit with a few other reasons than it not being a welcoming gesture to the community(most notably, it being effectively spam).

That may seem like a dumb complaint, but I refer you to the first post, where the original intention of this thread exists.

LunarDusk

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Dec 20, 06:46:08
When you see that all the recent intro posts, and most every intro thread, have the same copied and pasted message as the last one. Nothing more welcoming than having the same message mass-produced and given to you. I still remember helping to get such an act banned somewhere else, albeit with a few other reasons than it not being a welcoming gesture to the community(most notably, it being effectively spam).

That may seem like a dumb complaint, but I refer you to the first post, where the original intention of this thread exists.

Ah, so about most of the intro posts that new users make are too similar?..That reminds me...I still didnt make one myself lol
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Go Up