Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

I mentioned a while ago that a forum I frequent has issues of people not being patient or freaking out over little things.  Well the game attached to this forum finally did something about a massive exploit and started banning players who made extensive use for it...and the forum has exploded.  It's nothing but a mess of people whining because they were banned for "just a glitch".  "The programmers left it in the game," "I only used it a little bit," and when it's brought up that the terms of service expressly mention not mucking with the servers "well it doesn't explicitly say not to do this thing!"

That's it.  I'm done with these people.  Let them blow their corner of the internet up, my patience for it is done.

Julius

Guys, change the subject. This is not a place to talk about politics... Even if they're annoying. >:/
Purr~

LostSanity

2016 Nov 07, 17:50:42 #18522 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 07, 17:53:33 by LostSanity
MAJORLY IMPORTANT EDIT:

You know what? Forget it.

I'm not getting another warning.

Ignore this post or a mod can delete it.

Why can't we delete our own posts?
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Jcfraven

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Nov 07, 17:50:42
MAJORLY IMPORTANT EDIT:

You know what? Forget it.

I'm not getting another warning.

Ignore this post or a mod can delete it.

Why can't we delete our own posts?

You can modify your post to remove it, but my offer stands regardless, if you want to provide evidence.

Chack

Man I really did live out in the boondocks. This city noise makes it hard to sleep.  >A<
Wait for it...

Pipkin

Fair reminder to everyone as Tuesday comes around, any discussions involving politics is in violation of rule 12.  Please keep that in mind and keep politics off the forums.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation.

Stardust Dragon

Well, my lighting hang started off splendidly.  Because my lights designer had to go through and check if the instruments we had up needed a bench focus, he had me wait on taking everything down until 2 days before the next hang began.  I mostly caught up, but when I get the plot in this morning I only have it for maybe 20 minutes before he starts changing things up on me!  And THEN I realized he hadn't marked his symbols properly and I couldn't identify what two types of instruments were supposed to be.  Of course I don't have the rest of the paperwork I should have either to help clear this question up, nor the color sheet so I can start planning what needs ordering so we actually have the colors we need in the lights for this weekend.  But what do I know, I'm just the only person they hired to work the light/sound area of my school theater program
-endTheaterNerdRant-

Chishio Kunrin

I'm so frustrated right now.

How do people find solutions to their problems by Googling it?! That NEVER works for me, and I don't know why! I hate it so much!!

I have version 9.26 of MikuMikuDance, and it won't open PMX files! It looks like this is the latest version, and I read that MMD natively opens PMX files starting with version 7.39, so why doesn't mine open them?! It's so frustrating!!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Me: "finally gets around to watching new RWBY episodes" Ok, I'm officially re-engaged into this series again. Let's see the comments for a laugh.
First comment: "time point where Sun shows up" (That stupid meme about that gorilla).
Me:
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Nov 14, 18:53:00
I'm so frustrated right now.

How do people find solutions to their problems by Googling it?! That NEVER works for me, and I don't know why! I hate it so much!!

I have version 9.26 of MikuMikuDance, and it won't open PMX files! It looks like this is the latest version, and I read that MMD natively opens PMX files starting with version 7.39, so why doesn't mine open them?! It's so frustrating!!

That reminds me, though it's not quite something that annoys me: with my friend now being a huge fan of that Miku character now, he's started showing me some of the videos on YouTube.
Um...Ok, I don't quite think I've seen a bigger variance from "dancing in a Sonic outfit" to "HOLY CRUD THAT'S DARK AND WAS IN A GAME RATED 3".
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

2016 Nov 17, 09:48:28 #18529 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 17, 10:31:35 by Chishio Kunrin
Okay, so it turns out that MMD won't open any files on my laptop whatsoever, not even models that it used to open back when I had Windows 8.

Other people have had a problem where MMD just plain would not open at all in Windows 10, but that's not my problem. It opens just fine, but it won't open the models! Not PMX, not PMD, nothing!

No matter what I search, I cannot find anything that matches my problem (which is pretty much always the case when I try to Google for a solution to my problems, which is also annoying!!), so I decided to register an account on an MMD forum so I can make a thread on there and ask for help.

Guess what. :l
As per usual, when I try to fix a problem I'm having, a whole bunch of obstacles pop up in my way because my problems never want me to solve them.

I can't post on that forum until I activate my account with the activation link they sent in an email.
But I haven't gotten that email.
I double checked that I typed in the right email address without typos, and I did.
I checked my junk folder and inbox multiple times.
No email.
None.
So I looked around their website for a way to request they re-send the email.
Nothing.
And their Terms of Service says one account per person.
>:/

Edit: So, I'm a dumb thing that annoys me.
I haven't used MMD in so long that I forgot that, in order to load a model, you don't go to File > Open, like a reasonable person
No, the button to open a model is way down at the bottom of the window, for some reason
:facehoof:

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

The reason I don't play the hyper-competitive online games is because I know I'm terrible at gaming compared to most other people, despite it being a huge part of my life.  I know I'm going to get showed up by somebody, so I don't bother to participate in something that's only going to upset me.

So why does that feeling have to happen when I'm playing cooperatively with someone too?!  I can prove to myself I'm an incompetent gamer, thank you, I don't need your help with it!

Sweet Brew

Got only 3 hours of sleep last night, this is becoming to common thing.

LunarDusk

When people can't give any valid reason for something other than things like "It just does/is".  Either out of ignorance or lack of knowledge. Like i don't mind your opinion, but at least show some good reasoning for why you take that position otherwise you'd just be mindlessly believing in something that either only you or everyone else does.
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

Jcfraven

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2016 Nov 19, 01:00:54
When people can't give any valid reason for something other than things like "It just does/is".  Either out of ignorance or lack of knowledge. Like i don't mind your opinion, but at least show some good reasoning for why you take that position otherwise you'd just be mindlessly believing in something that either only you or everyone else does.

Thank you! I am not the only one who gets annoyed with that! Respectful disagreements and subsequent discourse is the best part about us being created with the intelligence we were given. Too many people refuse to use their abilities of Critical Thinking and Dialogue.

Nightshade Star

I HATE those times when people leave my shelf drawer half open and no one realizes it. I mean, who DOES that!?

Pipkin

Someone dented the back of my car...Still trying to grasp what was used based on the paint damage but it doesn't look like it was kicked in.  This was the second case of vandalism to my property since I moved here in September (the first being multiple fence boards being snapped and a pair of bikes stolen)

LunarDusk

2016 Nov 25, 21:52:38 #18536 Last Edit: 2016 Nov 28, 12:32:12 by LunarDusk
Quote from: Princess Darcy on 2016 Nov 25, 19:29:31
Someone dented the back of my car...Still trying to grasp what was used based on the paint damage but it doesn't look like it was kicked in.  This was the second case of vandalism to my property since I moved here in September (the first being multiple fence boards being snapped and a pair of bikes stolen)

!...Geez what ghetto neighborhood are you living in :/

Post Merge

Double posting this but this...but

Whenever someone says something like
"I watched a manga "
Or mixes China and Korea with Japan mistaking it for anime based off its art style. Like one time there was an ad for elsword that popped up on my Youtube screen and it said "play your manga today"
I only facepalmed in reaction because elsword wad made in Korea along with its comics and last time I recall I think Korean ccomics were actually  called manhwa
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

~RainCloud

Dumb things that annoy me huh?

Well, for one thing. Working for fast food companies can be a drag. But working for Raising Canes, it's actually good for once.

But there's still people that don't take their trash to the trashcan that's like right by the front door that they're surely leaving out of.. like seriously? You're telling me and my crew that it's our job to clean after your mess you left on your table?

Uhm, when did we become busboys or busgirls? Take your trash and THROW IT AWAY WHEN YOU LEAVE THANKS..  >:O

I hate people like that.. it annoys me so much.
IGN: RainCloud,  Purple Pegasus with Blue mane and Tail (Darker shades of Blue) and Red Eyes
Outfit: Lunar Armor, Lantern and Glasses
Level 50 Pegasus. Find me in game! PM for any game related questions! :)
Can PM In Game or Forum and I'll get back to you ASAP!

LunarDusk

Sinks in public bathrooms that have faucets that need to be pushed but only last for about 2 seconds.

...Like come on...
conflictus nec divinos

OCs

Peace Keeper

Quote from: LunarDusk on 2016 Dec 03, 01:45:36
Sinks in public bathrooms that have faucets that need to be pushed but only last for about 2 seconds.

...Like come on...

I've been there so many times lol gotta hold the faucet down while washing one hand, then exchange hands.

Make it even worse, only one temperature... cold.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Go Up