Notification Requests Disabled

Started by Liska, 2012 May 31, 18:52:49

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Liska

Due to the fact all the e-mails that accumulate in our inbox take up too much space.

8)

Equestrian

I thought it was going to say "Notification Requests Denied" :c
Then I realized it couldn't be that because there was an "i" after the "d" :D
Then I found out it was "disabled" which is as bad as "denied" DD:
...back to the topic...

What notifications exactly?

Liska

This small button has been removed, meaning you no longer could be notified of replies or new topics in threads you asked to be notified for. Yada yada. ^-^

Zygrograxgra

>looks in the upper right corner
Still there for me.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

SweBow

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 May 31, 19:34:32
>looks in the upper right corner
Still there for me.

Yes, but it won't work, else will make sure it won't work :P

McSleuthburger

swebow beat me to it, the button is still there and looks pretty but it really doesnt have an function
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

PrincessButton

So we will only get notifications for the topics we post in? Or....oh I'm confused. Could someone please elaborate on what exactly this means, notification wise? We will still be getting some notifications, right? Just, how/ for what?  o_o
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Tekner

2012 Jun 01, 04:03:02 #7 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 01, 04:16:09 by Tekner
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 May 31, 19:41:42
swebow beat me to it, the button is still there and looks pretty but it really doesnt have an function
It doesn't have a function, or it doesn't have a server-side function? I just clicked it and it did its usual "Are you sure you wish to enable notifications..." popup and when I clicked "OK", the notify button changed to "Unnotify." The button did not revert back to "Notify" upon refresh, nor when I cleared my cache (ok, well I didn't exactly expect that to do anything, but it was worth a shot :P.) Unless this setting is saved via a cookie for some reason, it has some function on the server still.
Quote from: SweBow on 2012 May 31, 19:40:43
Yes, but it won't work, else will make sure it won't work :P
Uhhhhhh...... Nope.avi? 0:)

EDIT: I did a little more looking around and it seems that the notify button still exists and functions on the "News", "Forum Information", and "Meet the Team!" threads. If that's intentional, then that would be what I missed. If it's not, then I think I just made your job easier.

EDIT2: The notify button also exists and functions when you view a users' posts by going to their profile and clicking on "Show Posts." Again, it only shows it for the aforementioned thread groups.

SweBow

I think it still exist. But you won't get an email about it.

Tekner

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jun 01, 04:36:11
I think it still exist. But you won't get an email about it.
I thought about such a situation being possible, so I hit the notify button. I'd hate to disappoint, but...

Liska

That's odd.
Well whatever we've done seems to have fixed our overload issues, so I guess this means you can keep watching your favorite topics and we finally have our space! ^-^

Tekner

Quote from: AnyaSmash on 2012 Jun 01, 05:14:50
That's odd.
Well whatever we've done seems to have fixed our overload issues, so I guess this means you can keep watching your favorite topics and we finally have our space! ^-^
:D
I'm glad I did something useful, hehe.

Tekner

Sorry to double post, but this requires a bump.
Might I suggest we either delete this thread, change the title, or change the OP since it's now misleading. I'd hate for new users to need to read the entire thread just to realize that the thread is no longer valid.

Go Up