Atala, the lost city

Started by Grizzly, 2014 Jun 09, 02:32:03

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grizzly

Blue provided the read out Cosmic requested. "We need to resurface."
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Omega_Khaos

Cosmic begins his daring plan. he re-sequences all available output systems to function on a twin band quantum system. After that he initiates the main drive system with a 2% power flow. Using the quantum drive like an anti gravity field he focuses all available engines to push all pressure downwards to cause  the lift ratio to increase by 22%.

After which he says, "Open all secondary external ports with a energy field pulse of 50%. that should get the water out. Our weight is to much for the original anti grave sequences to work. so I increased the lift ratio by 22%. I am also using the main quantum drive at a flow of 2% to give the needed power for the energy pulse. This should give us the extra anti grave ratio we need to resurface and get the main shield systems to stand by. On my mark activate the outer shield grid."

Cosmic reroutes some of the main drive's excess power to the main shield system, priming it. He waits a few moments for confirmation and for lift to start happening. There also seams to be a large energy spike coming from cosmic. It seams most of what he is doing he isn't moving any of his limbs to do. it is like his mind itself has tapped directly into the input system.

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight ignored the warning and instead switched her helmet to '0-oxygen mode' and her helmet suddenly covered her mouth and a pair of translucent glowing green glass covered her eyes. Meanwhile her armor began covering her entire body.

Chibalt

Tundra didn't even seem to notice that the entire place was shaking until it made his stacks of notes start falling over, drawing out a sigh from the earth pony as he saw this and reshuffled his notes before walking out into the hallway and looking around, somewhat worried over the source of the shaking.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Coffee Rush

Awoken by the violent shaking of the entire city, Panacea rolled out of her bed. She stumbled to the one and only window in the room, tiredly peaking out of it to see, if she could, what was going on.
My OC can be found here!

Grizzly

At first, there was nothing to see outside the window. But then the city lighted up, and Panacea, and everyone looking outside, could see that the cit was under water.

Blue prepared to raise the outer shields as told.

Chibalt

Tundra peeked out a nearby window, seeming quite surprised that the city had been underwater this entire time, it also worried him greatly as he thought it related to the shaking earlier. His magic welling up inside of him just in case he would have to do something fast, backpedaling into the library's entrance while glancing down either hallway and listening closely for any signs.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Omega_Khaos

Cosmic continues to monitor the lift ratio. he was triple checking the quick calculations to make sure that the system was running as he needed it. Had the water been pushed out. what Atala ascending? How long before surface breach? Was his grave field holding? These were the questions running threw his mind.

Threw the link Cosmic says to Tundra, 'Tundra, what is the matrix equation for a quantum anti-gravity singularity? We are underneath the water's surface.
I may need you to focus one about 50 ft. below your current location. We need lift for the city. We are taking on water and Blue has been integrated with the city's core. The being controlling everything. The device was a direct core link up. I am doing what I can from one of the engine rooms in the red zone. But I will probably need that matrix at the ready just incase the lift I have tried implementing with a quantum anti grave field isn't enough.
'

Grizzly

"Sector L, leak detected... That's the library..." Blue whispered.

A loud cracking noise was heard from the upper levels of the library. The heavy door leading to the library shut closed and its clearance turned red.

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight paused. "This isn't right."

Chibalt

Tundra froze as he heard the cracking noise from the upper levels, the door closing only confirmed his suspiciouns that this was REALLY bad. He immediately headed upwards in the library, right now he didn't give a http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. about clearances as long as he could keep the whole place from drowning and it's current occupants with him.

(He's heading upwards till he sees water or a leak basically.)

Omega_Khaos

Cosmic says to the core, "Please activate the internal shield covor the city. We can let any water get in. Initializing force fields over all sections of the library. All books contained with their selves have been force fielded. I am sorry if I have over stepped my area of clearance, but I am trying to save not only the lives but the city itself. I will accept any responsibility for what comes next. raising power flow of the main quantum drive to 5%. Increasing reverse graviton fields to pressure zones 5 and 10 by another 2%."

It is at this time Blue/The Core can see visible runes start to cover Cosmic's body. the core can also detect that he has also connected to several minor field systems all within the areas where the citizens are.

over the com system within the blue area and library Cosmic's voice is heard, "To all expedition units and new arrivals, please brace yourselves for emergency gravity shift. The pressure in the areas that show flooding will shift towards an exit port to remove the water in that area. you may feel a sudden change in air pressure."

cosmic realigns the gravity emitters to shift from center point outward towards vent port leading to contained areas for water removal.

Grizzly

"Redirecting energy..." Blue did as she said and checked a few more things. "A micro volt higher and we'll go into an uncontrolled quantum leap..."

Omega_Khaos

cosmic say, "I won't increase it any further. we have all we need we may need. I may rely on an outer matrix for the extra boost if we need it."

Over the com, "Tundra I need that matrix. how long before you can get it ready?"

Chibalt

Tundra arrived at the fourth floor of the library, a yellow clearance floor, just in time to see the internal shields halt the leak, making him smirk in relief, then he heard Cosmic's request, it having been delayed a little by all that was going on. Tundra hardly wasted any time, quickly calculating to compensate for moving up so many floors before he closed his eyes and focused, any sensors in the area easily picking up his magic as he focused it into a rune matrix just like what cosmic was asking for, it took a little while but he was almost finished by the time Cosmic asked. "Nice timing, I'm finishing it just about......now!" He replied through the telepathic rune, the flow of magic from him disrupting the signal slightly as he finished the matrix, then poured his power into it, the stallion sweating profusely as he continued powering up the matrix, taking quite the load off the core's efforts to keep the city stabilized.

Snowcraft_Pony

Starlight felt the change in air pressure, and it caused her to become nauseous, she however shook it of and further increased her armors protection. She also aided other expedition crew to the civilian district.

Grizzly

The city was now half way to the surface. The city's sensors detecting Tundra's magic and classified it as a threat. "Threat detected, engage. Terminate..." Blue mumbled and backed, holding her eyes shut. "No, i wont let you..." she mumbled some more. "Clearance violated during code red, heavy crime punished by death." She mumbled on. "He's trying to help, disengage!" she was arguing with herself, or so it would seem.

Chibalt

Tundra continued pouring power into the matrix for a little bit before stopping before it would get unstable, almost collapsing as he now focused his efforts on keeping the giant matrix that helped the city upwards from exploding, something that tended to be particularly nasty if his magic was involved. "This is as much as I can do...trust me, you do not want it to overload." He said telepathically to Cosmic, his voice through the link wavering a little as the massive powerdrain was both disorienting and tiring.

Grizzly

In the residential area, as Starlight helped the last member of the expedition in his room, all doors shut closed, as well as the corridors. She was the only one left outside, and unluckily the city had no more power to spear for internal shields. A ominous cracking sound was heard and a second later sea water started to flood the floor.

((there, Starlight, as you wished.))

Omega_Khaos

Cosmic looks to the core and says, "If you kill him, you will have to kill me and then this city will sink. I have all we need to save the city. Please for your own life City Core, forget the clearance stuff for now. We need to work together on this or we all will die. I also said that I would take responsibility for what came next. The city is raising, but if either my effects or his fail we will sink again. unless I plot some random cords into the Quantum drive and punch it to full power. If you want to kill somepony then kill me after the city is safe."

cosmic says through the com, "All righty, the city is raising. Keep up the good work. As of now, I cosmic will take responsibility for all action done during and after this cities safety is assured. Even if it means I am to be punished, with death."

Go Up