Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Started by RainbowDash, 2015 Feb 27, 06:13:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sunshine Smash

So, does that farm mechanic from the previous game return? It's going to be extremely tedious to keep going out to get materials.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

Yes, it's a person this time. And it's much more helpful this time.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

There's one catch: the items used to get more out of the item you want to duplicate are completely different.
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Sunshine Smash

Well, I'm up to the point where I've hunted the Tetsucabra. Great game so far. Much better beginning than MH3U.

Rikaria

For those who care about your Palicoes, DON'T DISMISS ONE AT THE PALICO BOARD :(

Chromastone64

Why? Is there a glitch or something?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Rikaria

2015 Mar 08, 15:09:14 #66 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 08, 15:14:23 by Rikaria
No, it's just (what I thought as) a sad scene ;~; (Well... if you choose Yes, anyway. If you choose No, it's actually more lighthearted.)

Chromastone64

Joy. I hate it when games have dismiss/leaveing scenes...

Rikaria

Urgh... frenzied B.Tigrex is horrible... Even worse than the raged "endgame" boss...

RainbowDash

The endboss was pretty easy, I was kinda surprised that I didnt got hit as often as I thought I would

HunterOfTheDark

I just started playing this, with no prior experience with any of the previous games. Is there anything I should know for late in the game, or game mechanics that I should know?
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Sunshine Smash

Not really. The game gives you all the info you need to know possibly more in depth than the last game.

Anyways. I'm just about to start the mission to hunt the 5-star Frenzied Tigrex. It's not going to be pretty, is it?

Rikaria

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Mar 09, 09:59:41
I'm just about to start the mission to hunt the 5-star Frenzied Tigrex. It's not going to be pretty, is it?

Just be prepared for A LOT of charge/spin attacks (particularly the former). It's been called the "pain train" for a reason... x.x

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Rikaria on 2015 Mar 09, 13:22:23
Just be prepared for A LOT of charge/spin attacks (particularly the former). It's been called the "pain train" for a reason... x.x

Will my usual tactic of jumping and attacking with my Glaive that I always use ( It's surprisingly effective for every other large monster I fought) work?

Rikaria

Not sure, honestly. It kept moving a lot for me and only rested when it got hungry.

Sakura_Blossom

I think I will save up money for this game.

Sunshine Smash

Well, I beat Frenzied Tigrex.

To be honest, it wasn't as difficult as the first Gore Magala fight. I didn't even get knocked out once....

Rikaria

Just wait till you have to fight Tigrex's subspecies frenzied...

Sunshine Smash

And down goes Shagaru.

I loved this fight more than Ceadeus, but Ceadeus had some awesome pre-battle moments. Sure Shagaru had some too, but I felt Ceadeus had a more awesome build up.

RainbowDash

The game doesn't end here^^

Go Up