Very slow search function

Started by A, 2012 Oct 01, 14:57:19

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

A

2012 Oct 01, 14:57:19 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 01, 18:30:51 by A
One single search with the forum's search function takes about 10 seconds. Doesn't sound normal, now does it?

Edit: Just had to wait 20 seconds for some results :I

McSleuthburger

it might be what you are searching or your computer / internet speed (sometimes during busy times the the day the internet will slow down because many people are on the internet)

I just tried searching stuff and it was normal for me
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

A

2012 Oct 02, 07:50:21 #2 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 02, 07:57:06 by A
My computer's alright. Internet, too. Each thread opens and loads within 1 second. It's just the search.

And ping to forum.legendsofequestria.com is 40ms.

Edit:
Maybe you're just lucky and only search for things that are in the database cache.

SweBow

I tried searching and it's fast. Let me on the other hand make it a bit faster. I will run an DB optimisation

Tiger

Happens to me too. Every time I search it takes about a minute to load the results.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Little Judas

I also don't think every post is shown.
As a test I searched the word "pony", I was surprised only 30 post in this whole forum contained that word.
The speed seemed fine to me.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

The Wandering Magus

does it restrict searches to recent posts or something?  I could've sworn there were a LOT more references to what I searched for than what came up.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Little Judas

Whatever you ask, either newest, oldest, largest, smallest, ...
Just always 30 results.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Go Up