Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ThreeZeus

2012 Aug 04, 23:12:37 #160 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 04, 23:20:57 by ThreeZeus
Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 04, 22:53:05
And I just now figure out that the judges didn't get my story because gmail didn't even send the email. Lovely, just lovely.

Well does due date Saturday mean until midnight Sunday? Because if so you're safe... I hope so, that's a I AM A BAD PONYty way to be out of the running.

EDIT: Hahaha, wow, cool censor. My bad.
...said ThreeZeus.

Amontillado

Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 04, 23:12:37
Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 04, 22:53:05
And I just now figure out that the judges didn't get my story because gmail didn't even send the email. Lovely, just lovely.

Well does due date Saturday mean until midnight Sunday? Because if so you're safe... I hope so, that's a I AM A BAD PONYty way to be out of the running.

I know right. sent it again, hopefully they got it this time.

Aurethius

2012 Aug 05, 13:55:17 #162 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 05, 13:59:50 by Aurethius
We have your submission, Amontillado.

Giggle Tail

Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 23:47:56
Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 03, 23:14:19
Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 23:12:48
Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 21:16:44
Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 12:14:43
Done with the second round entry after proofreading like three times. That was fun to write, though I gotta say 2000 words is pretty darn short.

Best of luck to everyone in the second round.

I thought so too  :\
But I've always failed to stay within the word limit for my essays and stuff so who am I to say so  lol

Well it was pretty hard for me. When they gave us three options for the setting, I made it a personal challenge to include all three settings. I made it work in the end.  :D

Riddle me this, was yours about learning how to teleport?

Nope. Here's a hint though. It was titled "A Hearth's Warming Carol."

..Twilight is Scrooge.

....I seriously want to read that.  Sounds awesome.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Cryoid

Doesn't surprise me, I'm terrible at writing pony. Gratz to all of you! 

PrincessButton

Congratulations to all four of you! Can't wait to see how you contribute to the team!  :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Cryoid

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Aug 06, 02:12:09
Congratulations to all four of you! Can't wait to see how you contribute to the team!  :D

I went and read all the submissions; they did stand out above the rest.  I'd love to see how they change... whatever it is that they're going to be writing for whatever portion of LoE they end up writing on.

Amontillado

Although I was really hoping to win, I tip my hat, turban, whatever to the winners. though I'm still hoping I'm one of the ones they recruit later.  :D

Cryoid

Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 06, 02:58:38
Although I was really hoping to win, I tip my hat, turban, whatever to the winners. though I'm still hoping I'm one of the ones they recruit later.  :D

Yeah it's a bummer.  But, whatever.  I kinda lost all hope on seeing they second topic being mandatory pony, not to mention that it had to be in a specific location (That part killed me).  So I wrote what I could, then sent it in. 
Spoiler: show
Kinda wonder if the judges think The Tree Dude to be  ovO for letting me in the finals in the first place.  Haha, that would be so weird.  Meh, if only if only... I like making people  ovO  (Insert evil laugh here)

Fudgemuffin

Congraulations y'all! I hope you guys will have a awesome time on the team! :]

Firefly

Hats off for the new writers! Go for it!  lol lol  :D :D :D

We throw our hats up in the air sometimes
Say a-eh-o
Writers let's go  :D :D :D

[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

FimFan14

CONGRATULATIONS! To those four lucky ponies. While we would all like to see our own names on that list DD:, we know that you deserve it! Good job for all the hard work you put in! :D

ThreeZeus

Knew I shoulda gone for a more original story. Regardless, I came darn close and that was nice to see.

Great job to everyone and congratulations to the writers, I know you'll all do well. And huge thanks to the judges that took all that time and read all 20 of our stories!
...said ThreeZeus.

Nathan Shepard

Congratulations to all our new writers! Those were some impressive entries.

Lorelai

Congratulations, you four. You're all very talented writers. Good luck!

Giggle Tail

Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Papyrus

Congrats to the winners!

I figured I should have gone a lot closer to the word cap. I'm no goo with really short stories. But now I know for sure, so always something good came out of it.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Congratulations to all the winners! Now go write something epic!
[move][le templar here]          [/move]

McSleuthburger

Congrats to the new writers, glad to add you too the team
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Go Up