Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Amontillado

I got mine just under 1400, It's about quality, not quantity. atleast I hope it is.

Firefly

Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 03, 21:24:38
I got mine just under 1400, It's about quality, not quantity. atleast I hope it is.

It sure is  lol I just hope I could write fewer words like you  :c
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Amontillado

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 21:26:22
Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 03, 21:24:38

It sure is  lol I just hope I could write fewer words like you  :c

now now, I'm sure you did wonderfully.

ThreeZeus

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 21:16:44
Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 12:14:43
Done with the second round entry after proofreading like three times. That was fun to write, though I gotta say 2000 words is pretty darn short.

Best of luck to everyone in the second round.

I thought so too  :\
But I've always failed to stay within the word limit for my essays and stuff so who am I to say so  lol

Well it was pretty hard for me. When they gave us three options for the setting, I made it a personal challenge to include all three settings. I made it work in the end.  :D
...said ThreeZeus.

Amontillado

Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 23:12:48
Done with the second round entry after proofreading like three times. That was fun to write, though I gotta say 2000 words is pretty darn short.

But I've always failed to stay within the word limit for my essays and stuff so who am I to say so  lol

Well it was pretty hard for me. When they gave us three options for the setting, I made it a personal challenge to include all three settings. I made it work in the end.  :D

Riddle me this, was yours about learning how to teleport?

Nonnavlis

Oh, that's clever! I thought about writing a story for each setting, but I never thought of combining them.

Firefly

Quote from: Nonnavlis on 2012 Aug 03, 23:15:25

Oh, that's clever! I thought about writing a story for each setting, but I never thought of combining them.

haha XD I seriously want to read yours now  lol  mind posting it after the auditions?  :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Firefly

Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Aug 03, 23:14:19

ThreeZeus wrote about Doctor Whooves and Derpy  :P

Nonnavlis

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 23:26:12
haha XD I seriously want to read yours now  lol  mind posting it after the auditions?  :D

Mine? (If not, do please ignore this XD) I certainly wouldn't mind posting it later if we're permitted to do so, though I should point out that in the end I did not write a story for all of the settings, only one (Town Hall).

...It would be completely fabulous if all the round two entries were put in a compilation thread or something. I'd love to see how everyone interpreted the directions.

ThreeZeus

Nope. Here's a hint though. It was titled "A Hearth's Warming Carol."

..Twilight is Scrooge.
...said ThreeZeus.

Amontillado

Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 23:47:56

Nope. Here's a hint though. It was titled "A Hearth's Warming Carol."

..Twilight is Scrooge.

Swell? that'll be an interesting read.

Cryoid

"Riddle me this,"
I think you just made my day, Amontillado.  I probably wont pass this second round (I'm not very good writing ponies as I am with people). This is what I sent in for round one though...

Firefly

Quote from: Nonnavlis on 2012 Aug 03, 23:34:31
Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 23:26:12

Mine? (If not, do please ignore this XD) I certainly wouldn't mind posting it later if we're permitted to do so, though I should point out that in the end I did not write a story for all of the settings, only one (Town Hall).

...It would be completely fabulous if all the round two entries were put in a compilation thread or something. I'd love to see how everyone interpreted the directions.

To be honest, both of yours  lol I wrote about the Town Hall too! Maybe what we had in mind were the same  ovO ovO

Firefly

Quote from: Cryoid on 2012 Aug 04, 01:09:03

"Riddle me this,"
I think you just made my day, Amontillado.  I probably wont pass this second round (I'm not very good writing ponies as I am with people). This is what I sent in for round one though...

I hear you Cryoid  :c  RIP Scott, RIP

Firefly

Nonnavlis

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 04, 02:56:24
To be honest, both of yours  lol I wrote about the Town Hall too! Maybe what we had in mind were the same  ovO ovO

Oh gosh, if that was the case it would be so spooky. But cool.

ThreeZeus

I actually wrote out a story for the town hall, but ended up scrapping it.

Of course, I couldn't leave it just the boring ol' town hall. It becomes much more interesting when... well just look.

http://i.imgur.com/Ne9XQ.jpg
...said ThreeZeus.

Firefly

Quote from: Nonnavlis on 2012 Aug 04, 10:56:20
Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 04, 02:56:24

Oh gosh, if that was the case it would be so spooky. But cool.

Science fiction in real life  ovO

Amontillado

2012 Aug 04, 22:53:05 #159 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 04, 23:00:19 by Amontillado
And I just now figure out that the judges didn't get my story because gmail didn't even send the email. Lovely, just lovely.

Go Up