[SPOILER]The crystal empire episode.

Started by Blues-Music, 2012 Sep 16, 02:06:33

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Blues-Music

2012 Sep 16, 02:06:33 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 19, 11:40:54 by SweBow
Okay so hasbro gave out more things about it such as the story.

Spoiler: show
A magical empire has suddenly appeared in the arctic north of Equestria, and Princess Celestia needs Twilight Sparkle and her friends to find a way to protect it.
While her friends try to keep the Crystal Ponies occupied at the Crystal Faire, Twilight Sparkle searches for the hidden Crystal Heart that is the key to keeping their empire safe from harm!

So it seems that the crystal empire just recently appeared so it wasn't there for too long so unless your O.C is young I don't think he/she can be born there.Also they are looking for a crystal heart which happens to be cadence's cutiemark.Not just that in the song Cadence needs their help so maybe it has something to do with her special talent , and maybe it isn't love.Well discuss this new info here.

Night Pony

Shouldn't this be in spoilers?

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blues-Music

Done.I just thought that people wouldn't click here if they didn't want spoilers.

Book Smarts

I like where this season opener is going  :D , now we just need some major villain(s), also in before crystal pony original characters  lol

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 16, 11:26:31
I like where this season opener is going  :D , now we just need some major villain(s), also in before crystal pony original characters  lol

inb4 some poor brony somewhere has already made one because of the toys.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ShadowHeart

2012 Sep 16, 18:16:28 #5 Last Edit: 2012 Sep 16, 18:21:54 by ShadowHeart
Is there a season 3 schedule out or something? Where did you learn about this? Oh, and if anypony, once loe comes out, is being a troll and is like 'I was born in the Crystal Empire blablabla' im just gonna laugh so freaking hard  lol. o and btw, I did a little research and apparently, the first DVD set with the Crystal Empire episode comes out on December 4th. It's called Adventures in the Crystal Empire and it also has its about time, luna eclipsed, and the sonic rainboom!

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

The Wandering Magus

as previously stated, I hope the execs don't botch this season with any "traditionalist" views on the show.  and i hope to Celestia that they manage to have a coherent story with minimal plot holes.  Introducing a kingdom completely randomly... I just hope they know what they're doing.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Rissian

If they are continuing the same way they did season 1 and 2 she will probably only be in the first 2 episodes, and maybe in the last episode of the season based on the way seasons have been ran.

Lary

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 18, 21:39:39
Maybe we'll only have to deal with her for one or two episodes, maybe with limited appearance.

[spoiler]That didn't stop Luna from reappearing multiple times.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Stitchin Time

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Sep 18, 21:29:09
[spoiler]Season 1 had a feeling of magic and original storytelling.
Season 2 had overused plot devices and characters I could not stomach.
What I read in this thread now makes me want to abandon all hope. I didn't like Cadence then, and I'm definitely not going to like her now.

... Unless she dies. That would be so freakin' awesome.

That made me laugh so hard. lol

Book Smarts

[spoiler]Season 1 had a feeling of magic and original storytelling.
What I read in this thread now makes me want to abandon all hope. I didn't like Cadence then, and I'm definitely not going to like her now.

That last part was just unacceptable  >:(

Lary

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Sep 19, 01:22:07
That last part was just unacceptable  >:(

Oh hush you. Knowing her, it'll be a Disney death. She gets a death scene but doesn't die.
But seriously. I don't like her.

Zygrograxgra

Season 1 had a feeling of magic and original storytelling.

[/quote]
[spoiler]I hope its in some highly ironic manner.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

now, now, let's not be too harsh just yet; how about waiting to see exactly how bad they screw things up first?  That way we'll have actual things to complain about, rather than complaining based on assumptions ;)  But I somehow agree, crystal ponies does seem at the moment to be a bad idea.  We'll see, though.  After all, the concept of watching a children's show about ponies probably seemed like a bad idea before you all started watching it, eh?
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Lary

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 19, 12:36:49
now, now, let's not be too harsh just yet; how about waiting to see exactly how bad they screw things up first?  That way we'll have actual things to complain about, rather than complaining based on assumptions ;)  But I somehow agree, crystal ponies does seem at the moment to be a bad idea.  We'll see, though.  After all, the concept of watching a children's show about ponies probably seemed like a bad idea before you all started watching it, eh?

[spoiler]It just bothered me how they mocked Disney in the S1 Finale, but then tried their hardest to be exactly like Disney in the S2 Finale. There's a good chance Worst Alicorn has something to do with it (stealing Pinkie's role as the musical character...).
I'm not going to go on a rant about how much I hate this character, because that'll tear the topic way off track. I'll just wait until S3 before exploding into a "Ponies is ruined for me" speech.

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 19, 12:36:49
After all, the concept of watching a children's show about ponies probably seemed like a bad idea before you all started watching it, eh?

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

The Wandering Magus

we'll see.  who knows, they might pull a miracle.

ShadowHeart

[/quote]
[spoiler]I thought that season 1 and 2 were pretty good! Cadence isn't my favorite but I can't judge her too much because we hardly know her from one episode so I will decide once I see the new episodes. Besides, I don't think Princess Cadence will show up too much after this besides in toys since she is really pink and pretty which appeals to little girls lol.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2012 Sep 19, 16:24:38

[/quote]
[spoiler]I thought that season 1 and 2 were pretty good! Cadence isn't my favorite but I can't judge her too much because we hardly know her from one episode so I will decide once I see the new episodes. Besides, I don't think Princess Cadence will show up too much after this besides in toys since she is really pink and pretty which appeals to little girls lol.

see, I think that's where the problem is, although from the company's point of view I suppose it makes sense.  The line was traditionally directed towards a particular demographic.  Now while the PR people are familiar with the current demographic, news travels slowly in a bureaucracy like that, and the higher-ups might not have gotten the memo yet, or if they had they might be more shocked than pleased and want to specifically turn the focus back on the original demographic.  Which would be disappointing, but I can understand old executives not wanting to change.

Night Pony

I like Cadence more than Celestia.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Go Up