Lots of Minor Bugs

Started by MisfitRemix, 2017 Sep 10, 19:51:17

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MisfitRemix

2017 Sep 10, 19:51:17 Last Edit: 2017 Sep 12, 22:29:23 by MisfitRemix
While I was playing the game I noticed quite a few minor bugs, such as:
Stuck in an Emote
After talking to an npc with a quest my character would sometimes activate an emote during the conversation and be stuck doing that emote and unable to move until I log out and log back in.
Edit: I figured out how to get out of this bug(read the comments below), but the game decided that since I figured it out , now it keeps activating my abilities during the conversation and draining my energy. It also keeps skipping the dialogue boxes of NPCs so fast that I can barely read two words of a text box before it goes to the next one, making me miss most of the conversation so I only catch half of what I'm supposed to do. My quest journal still tells me what I'm supposed to be doing anyways, but I would actually like to listen to what the NPC has to say.
Stamina Bar
One being that if I am flying my stamina bar will not go down until I land sometimes. I noticed that this is just a visual glitch because I was flying around for a while to explore and I fell because my stamina ran out. Once I land it then starts to go down to zero before it will regenerate, but it will sometimes go down like normal if I am just sprinting. Other times if I am just walking or standing my stamina will drain all the way down and this is not a visual glitch because once it gets below 20 I can not start to fly or start sprinting.
Cosmetics
Another one is that I found a shop that sells socks so I bought them, but when I put them on they were invisible even though in my inventory it shows them as equipped on the character sheet. However I did a quest that gave me a soldier's helmet, another one that gave me a scroll bag, and another that gave me a lantern to hold, but I have no problems seeing any of them them when equipped. I also bought a top hat from the same store to see if it was a glitch with store bought items or something like that, but I was able to see the top hat as well. It just won't let me see the socks for some reason, which especially sucks because socks were the one item that I really wanted.
Mane and Tail Movement
Also, my character's mane and tail are constantly flopping around regardless of whether I'm moving around, or if I have been standing perfectly still for a few minutes. I see other players running around and their Mane and tail mostly stop moving a second after they stand still like it should, but my character looks like it is having a seizure. I have only seen one other pony having the same problem with their mane and tail, and that pony was an npc.
Stairs
My character cannot walk up most staircases either, if I try the game treats the stairs like walls and I have to either jump or fly over them to go up the staircase. I can't walk up the stairs even if I jump halfway up the staircase and then try to walk up them, but I have no trouble going down them. And although I can't walk up the tiny steps, I can walk over the railing that is at least as tall as my pony perfectly fine.
Walking Quest NPC
At some point I found a guard next to the teleport spot near the airship going to Cantermore. He gave me a quest to go find his wife and remind her that they are supposed to be having lunch in half an hour. Finding her was easy as she was marked on the map with an exclamation point like she was supposed to. However, I had a hard time clicking on her to start a conversation because she only stops moving in certain locations, and she only stops moving for literally half a second, and she walks really fast. She also takes a long time to get to another location she stops at, and when I finally caught up to her and got the option to talk to her to pop up when I click on her, as soon as she gets about twenty feet away the conversation ends and I have to catch her all over again. Waiting at the few locations she stops at doesn't help, and I have to zoom through the conversation and hope I click the right response to complete the quest. I don't know if this is a bug, or she is supposed to do this, but if she is doing what she is supposed to do it would be highly appreciated if the devs slow her down or at least make her stop moving when you try to talk to her.
Quests
After I completed the above mentioned quest with the guard and his wife they stay marked on my minimap with exclamation points for some reason. I looked at my quest journal and saw the parts of the quest that I had to do like it shows for other quests. It says that I need to talk to the guard then his wife then the guard again, which show a grey diamond next to them meaning they have been done, but then it says that I need to talk to the wife again then the guard for a third time marked by a green diamond meaning I have not done this yet. The problem is that after I talked to the wife and went through the conversation the way that I needed to with saying the correct responses the first time then went back to the guard, he thanked me and gave me the quest completion rewards and experience, but he is still marked on my mimimap along with his wife. After going back and forth between them for a while with them only giving me normal one sentence npc chatter I decided to exit the game and come back in. They were still marked on my mimimap. I went and tried to talk to them again and the exclamation marks finally disappeared from the map, but they are still displayed over their heads and the quest is still listed as unfinished in my quest journal. When I log out when I am done playing for a while their exclamation marks are back on my mimimap when I get back in the game, and it will do the same thing as before if I talk to them again. This is the only quest I have found that does this.

Fauna Joy

I've been having a similar issue of my character getting stuck in an emote too. I just started playing as a Unicorn and it's happening nearly every time I talk to an NPC.

I HAVE found a way to get un-stuck without logging out, though. Using Teleport, I get my character to a door she can go through, usually the door to the school, and go through it. That gets her unstuck until the next conversation I enter. Though when I go through the portal, there's this really loud blast of static as it enters the loading screen.

MisfitRemix

I found another way around the emote bug. If I target an npc and use one of the ground stomp attacks my character will do the attack and be able to move around again.

Galapagois

This forum area is intended for reporting suggestions & bugs to do with the site, not the game. All game suggestions and bugs should be reported using the system described here, and all requests for help should be directed to our support email address. This makes sure that we guarantee that the right people actually know about the problem, and can work on fixing it!
Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

Go Up