So, about Hurricane Sandy...

Started by Zygrograxgra, 2012 Oct 28, 12:05:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LaptopCommandStation

Post tropical, actually, as it wont make it back to sea.

Rissian

At least it's dying down now if it's a tropical storm, hopefully everyone is doing okay. Our satellite has been off for a month or so my only storm info comes from the Internet, radio and whatever channels still work on the TV currently.

Book Smarts

The storm passed through, now it's sunny where I'm at

ShadowHeart

I wont be hit by it but i saw coverage and it looks horrible! I hope it doesn't effect the election too much

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

SapphirePony

Last night it caused my tv to glitch up a lot, but it also supposedly killed 67 people, I hope their families are okay :s

LaptopCommandStation

The storm killed 69 people in the Caribbean, 16 people in the States and 1 person in Canada  :c

This thing is MASSIVE, even hours after making landfall
Spoiler: Wow! • show

Zaner-Boy

Welp, power just came back on. That wasn't too terrible.

Stitchin Time

stealthunicorn

Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 30, 11:42:04
The storm killed 69 people in the Caribbean, 16 people in the States and 1 person in Canada  :c

Holy cow... I just realized that that thing is going over my area too! I didn't realize it was going so far north.
I imagine the game to go like this:
Me: "Enough already! you scare it awa..."
Someone else: "Leeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyy Jenkins!"
Me: ".... Dang it."

LaptopCommandStation

Yep, There are/were warnings in place for Ontario, Quebec and the maritimes 2 days before the storm made landfall.

I'm not sure about the states but i'm sure there were warnings along the entire eastern seaboard from Georgia to Maine and as far inland as Michigan and Indiana.

hyper drive [HD]

i wonder if its bigger then Katrina? :/

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: stealthunicorn on 2012 Oct 30, 14:11:07
Quote from: LaptopCommandStation on 2012 Oct 30, 11:42:04

Holy cow... I just realized that that thing is going over my area too! I didn't realize it was going so far north.
holy guacamole... glad I'm on the West Coast x3
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

stealthunicorn

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Oct 30, 18:10:20

I'm inclined to think so... At least Katrina didn't start blowing wind around in wisconsin lol
I imagine the game to go like this:
Me: "Enough already! you scare it awa..."
Someone else: "Leeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrooooooyyyy Jenkins!"
Me: ".... Dang it."

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: stealthunicorn on 2012 Oct 30, 18:14:27
Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2012 Oct 30, 18:10:20

I'm inclined to think so... At least Katrina didn't start blowing wind around in wisconsin lol
I'm pretty sure it's the BIGGEST in terms of area affected, though the intensity is much less.  It was still a category 1 last time I checked, which was admittedly a while ago.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Xeno Aura

2012 Oct 30, 18:26:37 #54 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 30, 18:29:19 by Xeno Aura
I'm pretty sure it's the biggest hurricane to hit the US mainland.

But from what I've heard, it didn't really go above 100MPH in terms of wind speed, whereas Katrina reached 175MPH at points.

Sandy reached Hurricane category 1 shortly before hitting the US I think, but now it's classed as a post-tropical storm as opposed to a hurricane.

LaptopCommandStation

2012 Oct 30, 18:31:51 #55 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 30, 18:34:02 by LaptopCommandStation
Quote from: Xeno Aura on 2012 Oct 30, 18:26:37
I'm pretty sure it's the biggest hurricane to hit the US mainland.

Hurricane Hazel anypony?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Hazel

I remembered this one while studying meteorology in high school, as it was a big deal in Canada

Xeno Aura

Doesn't appear to be any info on Hazel, in terms of how much of an area it covered.

I know hurricane speeds were recorded about 150 miles from Sandy, and tropical storm winds up to 500 miles away.

Book Smarts

Next to no power and a few fallen trees, damage is minimal in my area

SapphirePony

My friend, Thrsa, told me on the phone a bit ago, that Sandy caused trees to fall on the streets of her town, which isn't very far away from mine, I just cracked up.. but sadly trick or treating is post poned  :c Also, Sandy attacked the tree in our front yard, and stole someone's flag and put it in my yard  lol

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Go Up