Mass Effect

Started by The Stars, 2012 Mar 19, 18:42:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Zygrograxgra

Unless the upcoming free ending DLC fixes lore breaking and such, I won't be getting Mass Effect 3.
ME2 wasn't all that great to me, such to the point that I never finished it. After all, who in their right mind changes from a heat system (that rapidly cools) to AMMO? That there was enough to tear me out of the game. I understand that it 'allows you to shoot more' and how 'ammo is plentiful' but if you think about it, they used to have guns that used a solid block of some material (can't remember its name) that had a chip sliced off and propelled at high speeds. THOUSANDS of shots each.
Although I never did play any of the DLC, isn't there one in ME2 where you blow up a Mass Relay? *super nova*
I didn't know they sent out a teleport pulse when they were wrecked instead of actually exploding with the force of a thousand suns.
-other such complaints-

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Night Pony

So they are releasing a DLC.It was...somewhat expected from the thousands complains they got for the last 10min.
Although i liked the ending i wonder what this DLC pack will feature for the simple reason they can't continue pass the endings except with some cut scenes.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

DXLelouch

star child makes no sense thats why the ending fails  :l were suppose to believe what some random kid shaped AI tells us without questioning him? screw that i would said screw you god child were already winning so you can take your 3 colored ending and shove it
and dont give me the whole artistic integrity BS either Game companies exist because we allow it and they will end if we demand it, without us they have nothing >:O

Night Pony

Malkies

It seems that they will not be changing the endings, just... "clarifying"
Not sure how they can make sense of the lore defying monstrosity that is star brat.
:c

DXLelouch

part of me is praying Dragon Age 3 fails so they can go belly up

Night Pony

Quote from: DXLelouch on 2012 Apr 05, 14:46:43

How can you say that!I want to see C&C Generals 2 before anything like that happens.

Malkies

2012 Apr 05, 14:51:23 #47 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 05, 15:16:13 by Malkies
Quote from: DXLelouch on 2012 Apr 05, 14:46:43

DD:
But Bioware games are amazing! Mostly
I just wish that, instead of going "LOLNOPE ARTISTIC INTEGRITY", they would admit that the ending is bad and that the Mass Effect series deserves better.

ETA: Seen this:
Spoiler: show

OH MOST WONDERFUL OF NIGHTS *-*

DXLelouch

starchild still exists though  :l

Malkies

Quote from: DXLelouch on 2012 Apr 05, 16:22:03
starchild still exists though  :l

...yes, it does. :c
But this is better than nothing, no?
*trying to stay positive*

Malkies

Sorry again for the double post, but more news!

You know how in my last post I said I was trying to stay positive?

NEW MAPS
KROGAN VANGUARDS
AND IT'S FREE
ALL IS RIGHT IN THE MULTIPLAYER WORLD

DXLelouch

my satisfaction of the ending dlc will determine if Bioware gets anymore money from me
so good thing both the dlcs are free i havent played any MP since the demo

Malkies

Quote from: DXLelouch on 2012 Apr 06, 14:43:36
my satisfaction of the ending dlc will determine if Bioware gets anymore money from me
so good thing both the dlcs are free i havent played any MP since the demo
Agreed.
Even if the ending DLC is mind blowing, I think that at best I will only be buying major story DLC. Not touching any weapons packs/squadmate appearance packs/whatever else with a 10 foot pole.

McSleuthburger

im not sure if I will be getting the dlc, ill wait and read some reviews before I decide to purchase it
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Malkies

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2012 Apr 06, 15:02:19
im not sure if I will be getting the dlc, ill wait and read some reviews before I decide to purchase it
Good idea, I will likely be doing the same thing :)

DXLelouch

the first 2 DLC are free btw

Malkies

*Trainer Malkies used Revive on Mass Effect thread*

I've been watching lots of the deaths and some of the other emotional scenes from ME3 on youtube. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules. this game is sad.
This scene in particular is heartbreaking ono

I also nearly cried at Legion's death (both variations)
and Tali's suicide
and Grunt's near-death
and Garrus' goodbye
and, of course, Anderson's death.
(Okay, I would be lying if I said that I nearly cried at the last one. Especially after listening to the extended version of the conversation. I bawled like a freaking baby.)

Anypony else tear up at any point in the game, or am I just a massive wuss?

McSleuthburger

Quote from: Malkies on 2012 Apr 11, 18:38:46
Anypony else tear up at any point in the game, or am I just a massive wuss?

for me only Mordin and Legion died
so I did not really feel much though
I was sad to see mordin sacrifice himself
and im going to miss Legion being awesome

also http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/722637/mass-effect-3-hoodies-we-wish-existed-nugget-from-the-net/
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

The Stars

2012 Apr 12, 00:53:03 #58 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 12, 00:58:59 by The Stars
I thought it was pretty darn cool how legion seems like he's becomeing more like a living, breathing being.
Man, I'm gonna miss that epic machine.  Like Malkies, I Was tearing up watching that scene.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Night Pony

I hated every time i lost someone from the crew.
Also i was happy every time that i realize that they aren't dead yet and continued the fight.
(like Grunt)

Go Up