Slendermane is cannon.

Started by alexandas, 2014 Jan 12, 17:20:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

2014 Jan 30, 08:50:24 #40 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 30, 08:55:29 by Tiger
Let's get back to the topic here ovO

Quote from: Somebeing on 2014 Jan 14, 15:54:53
Notice the uneven cutout around it. A black suit has a white frame. Best thing to see it is as a joke or something by a member of the company.

Hmm, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Might be somepony carrying a cut out of Slenderman(e), setting it down for a while (the camera comes in during this), and then picks it up again.
Unless it's just Slenderman traveling through time and space and somehow make his have a weird white outline around him because timey spacey sciencey stuff. I don't know.

You could say it's unlikely they make a canon cameo of Slenderman in a show like this, but really, it's not like it's that much of a kids show by now. I mean, they've had vampires. (Or at least Flutterbat)

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

dynamite

Um vampires have always been in children shows. They were just Count Dracula Sesame Streetized. Slenderman was a step taken too far if you asked me.

GoldenTerrabyte

Yes, THIS! That's EXACTLY how I've been trying to word it! It's a step taken too far!
I'm back

Draxton

Quote from: Somebeing on 2014 Jan 14, 15:54:53
Quote from: Mad little Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:31:28
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:21:21
Quote from: Mad little Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:19:23
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:11:45
Can you prove that it's not something that followed them from the cave? Can't it be something with peculiar body pattern? Or you are concluding because it slightly resembles a suit and a pony and want more fan service?
somthing tells me you wont be happy untill the artist comes out and admits that it is slendie ¬.¬

Yes. Until then you're just guessing and assuming.

Well have fun while your waiting for that. try not to be such a buzz kill for everyone else in the entire fandom that has working eyes

Fixed for rules :P Someone might be mad that it isn't slender man...

It doesn't seem to fit. There have been many chances for the show to incorporate characters into the show, and the chances of that happening is very, very low.

Notice the uneven cutout around it. A black suit has a white frame. Best thing to see it is as a joke or something by a member of the company.

If slender man was canon...I mean, little children watch this show too. Out of all the characters to add into the show, we're going to have a 8-tentacle beast that kills people/ponies.

It could be a pony wearing a suit, a beast, not a stalking being.

Well, to be fair, it's not a character. It's not like they are introducing a major villain in the show. It's just a very quick easter egg that most kids would probably not even see unless pointed out to them directly. It will probably not even be shown again, I'm surprised someone was even able to spot it. Besides, I don't see what else it could be. Why would a pony wearing a suit not have a face and mane? Why would a beast be wearing a suit?

dynamite

No need to give a nudge to kids to find out weird stuff up on the internet. Parents probably put a ban on "non-child friendly photography" sites but probably haven't put restrictions on creepypasta content. It just seems wrong to put something found in the deepest recesses of the internet (like 4chan or creepypasta) into a little girl's show.

Draxton

Quote from: dynamite on 2014 Feb 03, 04:15:12
No need to give a nudge to kids to find out weird stuff up on the internet. Parents probably put a ban on "non-child friendly photography" sites but probably haven't put restrictions on creepypasta content. It just seems wrong to put something found in the deepest recesses of the internet (like 4chan or creepypasta) into a little girl's show.

Still, the fact remains it is very difficult to spot. It's something you have to be directly looking for to find, as it's on the screen for a split second, blends in with the background, and is on the screen right as it pans right when Pinkie tackles Applejack. Unless children were actually looking for it or told about it, they won't even know it exists in the episode. I don't think we need to focus on children finding it and being scared, as unless someone points it out to them, they won't see or know of it. It's just hard enough to spot that older fans could spot it themselves if they really observed closely.

Mad little Pony

The thing is it is impossible to see during the episode without pausing just at the right spot, so no kid is going to see it any way.

TheUnknown

I had to look for the part that show's him hiding behind the bush, I was surprise that i saw him, In the bush. I don't know how i feel about the Slendermane is wandering around equestria. Scary.

loolj

well slendermane is not cannon-as it is  a show meant for younger children this is probably just a little wave to older fans :D since the younger fans wouldnt really notice it probably as well

Jaywo

Wait,
Nopony else saw this coming?

The signs were there; The Everfree, Nightmare Night... Trenderhoof?
It was only a matter of time before Hasbro treated their fans to something, whether we saw it or not.

Now if you will excuse me,

I'm going to go explode. ovO
Quote from: Jaywo on 2014 May 12, 13:03:14
*Begins whipping around the MEGAPERMBANHAMMER and whacks innocents, sending them into MEGAPERMBANOBLIVION*

SUPERULTRAMEGAPERMBANYOUCANTEVENBEGINTOAWESOMENESSBANRAINBOWSHAMMER

Rush of MLP

Quote from: Mad little Pony on 2014 Jan 13, 20:00:27

How do you not see this!? look I even marked where the eye and muzzle should be on the face.
Spoiler: show

If you look closely and follow the outline, you may notice where there are a couple of errors in it. Right above the section of the bush where "the figure" is looking over, you can see where the neck of the being comes down before going entirely behind it.

Tell me, please: what humanoid has a neck of that size, assuming that the neck here is symmetrical? Answer: few to none; especially not Slenderman. If it were real (which I do believe it is), what would possess the animators to put a human-like being into a show that exists in a universe without humans? It is a pony, and, as the theory here holds, it is Slendermane.

As for the theory about something following them from the cave: maybe it was a curious Slendy that followed them. ovO

((Yes, I know I'm late on this, but, ya know, why not?))

Cobalt Crafter

It's quite obviously him. This "Seeing what we want to see." thing is quite absurd, why would the animators put a faceless, white pony in a bush for a sliver of time after a "scary" scene in the show? Although the origins aren't explained, he is there and he is canon. Quite interesting indeed.

MrEmu

Just because they put in an Easter egg doesn't make it cannon. :/

Tiger

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Jun 08, 04:31:09
Just because they put in an Easter egg doesn't make it cannon. :/

The thing is that it appeared in the actual show itself. Anything that is shown in the show is canon, basically. You saying that is like saying Vinyl Scratch having pink/red eyes isn't canon, which it is because she took off her glasses for a few seconds during the song Love Is In Bloom. Even though it was only for a few seconds, it's canon.

Night Pony

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 08, 08:15:07
The thing is that it appeared in the actual show itself. Anything that is shown in the show is canon, basically.

Except background alicorns. They are 'errors'. Basically the fandom believes what it wants.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Tiger

Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jun 08, 08:30:26
Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 08, 08:15:07
The thing is that it appeared in the actual show itself. Anything that is shown in the show is canon, basically.

Except background alicorns. They are 'errors'. Basically the fandom believes what it wants.

True, true...
Although those background alicorns have me thinking, what if it's true that there are very rare instances of non-royal alicorns? I mean, Twilight wasn't immediately recognised as a princess in one episode when she was out and about if I remember correctly. Maybe they assumed she was a non-royal one?

#Mindblown

Then again those are probably just animation errors.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 08, 19:11:27
Although those background alicorns have me thinking, what if it's true that there are very rare instances of non-royal alicorns?

Nope!  :P

Tiger

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Jun 08, 19:16:34
Quote from: Tiger on 2014 Jun 08, 19:11:27
Although those background alicorns have me thinking, what if it's true that there are very rare instances of non-royal alicorns?

Nope!  :P

Yeah probably not x3

We're straying off topic o.o"

Dream Bolt

2014 Jun 09, 01:21:55 #58 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 09, 02:21:17 by Dream Bolt
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:21:21
Quote from: Mad little Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:19:23
Quote from: Night Pony on 2014 Jan 14, 11:11:45
Can you prove that it's not something that followed them from the cave? Can't it be something with peculiar body pattern? Or you are concluding because it slightly resembles a suit and a pony and want more fan service?
somthing tells me you wont be happy untill the artist comes out and admits that it is slendie ¬.¬

Yes. Until then you're just guessing and assuming.

Ultimately, you're right. Guesses are the best anypony can make on this.
The way I see it, it's probably just a glitch. MLP does not tend to incorporate memes, with the exceptions of the "Twilightlicious" reference, (which was made by Tara Strong in the first place,) and a few nods (not confirmations, nods,) to the whole Dr. Whooves thing, MLP seems to base most of its references in older things, referencing shows and stuff that was around in the 40's and 50's. The few more modern references are virtually all pony-related things that started in the brony fandom. Could they have stuck Slendermane in the back? Sure, they could have. But I don't see why they would, as he's not nearly as big as, oh say, he concept of Vinyl and Octavia being friends, or the Rarity vs. a Giant Crab thing. Plus, as Slendy's not Hasbro's creation, there could be all sorts of legal fiascoes, and as all those "Cease and Desist" letters show, Hasbro doesn't want any legal trouble.
I'm not against the idea of Slendermane. (I like him better than the original Slenderman, and somehow Slendermane is creepier,) but ultimately, there are two factors that stand out to me:
1: The internet is full of very realistic hoaxes. (Does anypony remember the trailer for the Legends of Zelda movie?)
2: What we see is a blur of shapes. It could be Slendermane, it could just be some branches.
So basically, my only advice is to go to the source and ask the artists. We aren't going to find the answers here.

And anyways, isn't that how the real Slendermane would like you to feel? Uncertain if you saw him or just a trick of the light?

Anyhoo, if it somehow IS Slendermane, then who says he's nasty in Equestria? Maybe he's just curious or something. And for the most part, we don't even know what the real Slenderman does with those he captures, so maybe he's just creepy, not a monster. Heck, maybe he takes them to Equestria!

By the way, if this IS real, then the one non-canon idea I have ever permitted into my headcanon is possibly canon. I am at full 100% (ish) canon again! YES!

And as for what's canon and what's not, it's not so much what they stick in the show as what is officially confirmed by the creators and Hasbro. So I guess my 100% canon-ness is on hold until we get a full confirmation that it wasn't just some animator's joke. After all, if an animator stuck in something offensive, we wouldn't consider that canon, so until confirmed, this is a certain "maybe'.

Midnight Breeze

This whole tread is obviously false.

Slendermane isn't a cannon, he's a fan character.  :P

Go Up