Things a little strange that I've seen in the show

Started by alexandas, 2012 Dec 01, 11:11:00

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

alexandas

this thread is supposed to be things weird about the show, allicorns were another thing i thought was weird
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Chishio Kunrin

Oh. Yeah, they're sort of weird. I'm glad that Sombra wasn't an alicorn. We don't want them making too many of 'em.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

alexandas

Sombra did have allicorn like powers, that dark magic he can do, but if an allicorn has wings and magic their magic power should be a little weaker right?
[CENTER][/CENTER]
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328

Book Smarts

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 03, 21:03:53
Oh. Yeah, they're sort of weird. I'm glad that Sombra wasn't an alicorn. We don't want them making too many of 'em.

My little alicorn, my little alicorn  ovO

alexandas

[CENTER][/CENTER]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 03, 21:06:37
Sombra did have allicorn like powers, that dark magic he can do, but if an allicorn has wings and magic their magic power should be a little weaker right?

An alicorn is a super powerful winged unicorn.

I don't think Sombra's power was specifically alicorn magic. It was hatred-fueled magic. Remember that Twilight used the hatred-fueled magic too.

alexandas

hatred fueled :nod:, but still alicorns don't make sense because they have a huge amount of power which they shouldn't
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Chishio Kunrin

2012 Dec 03, 21:29:18 #27 Last Edit: 2012 Dec 03, 21:30:59 by Chishio Kunrin
There's always going to be someone super powerful or more powerful than the rest. If Celestia, Luna, and Cadence didn't exist or have their amazing deity-like power, Twilight Sparkle would be the most powerful, and she would seem to have too much power that she shouldn't.

Any and all mythology has something as super powerful as an alicorn. Greek mythology had its gods, and there was the hydra, which was near-impossible to defeat because the more heads you cut off, the more heads it grows. Dragons are known to be super powerful creatures, as well, with their scales acting as one of the greatest armors in the world, their massive size and strength, and the ability to breathe fire (or other things like ice or poison). Dragons live for centuries, becoming more and more intelligent and even wise.

Zbizo

Isn't alicorn status just a promotion after reaching highest level of magic as a unicorn and becoming related to royal family?
Isn't that what Celestia and Luna wants from Twilight? I'm just wondering how many levels of studies left for Twilight, she must be close to highest level if she was able to hold age spell for few seconds on small flower.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Dec 03, 21:29:18
There's always going to be someone super powerful or more powerful than the rest. If Celestia, Luna, and Cadence didn't exist or have their amazing deity-like power, Twilight Sparkle would be the most powerful, and she would seem to have too much power that she shouldn't

In a recent episode she refers to  herself as a pony wizard of not even High power or advanced abilities. which means there are much more powerful unicorns out there as average :P

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Zbizo on 2012 Dec 04, 21:54:45
Isn't alicorn status just a promotion after reaching highest level of magic as a unicorn and becoming related to royal family?
Isn't that what Celestia and Luna wants from Twilight? I'm just wondering how many levels of studies left for Twilight, she must be close to highest level if she was able to hold age spell for few seconds on small flower.

I don't think we know that for sure. That's probably just brony speculation. For all we know, an alicorn could be born as an alicorn.

Dawnstar

Yeah, it's mostly just speculation based off of everything we know about them so far. Now what'd be interesting is if there were both types of Alicorns, ones that achieve it through magic and ones that are born that way. The latter likely having stronger natural magic in such a case.

Book Smarts

The biggest question I have now is....are Celestia and Luna truly immortal?

Tiger

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Dec 06, 00:50:31
The biggest question I have now is....are Celestia and Luna truly immortal?

> They should be able to use age spell
> Uses age spell on each other to be young infinitely
> ???
> PROFIT

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Iodine

About the cutiemarks... MLPs have always had their symbols on both sides. The toys up until G3 had symbols on both sides, but Hasbro started doing one side to save money and time.

Lord of Madness

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Dec 06, 02:08:31
About the cutiemarks... MLPs have always had their symbols on both sides. The toys up until G3 had symbols on both sides, but Hasbro started doing one side to save money and time.

and now ya know :DD

Blues-Music

Quote from: alexandas on 2012 Dec 01, 11:11:00
Hello everypony, has anypony noticed anything that is strange about the show, as in incorrect, well I have
1. The cutie mark is supposed to be on ONE side, but that side changes a lot
2. They've had electricity for a long time and did not introduce it noticeably until episode 52
3. Pinkie Pie (this could go on forever) has abilities from pegasi and unicorns examples: pinkie sense = unicorn, pinkies rocket thing and her going so fast that shes basically flying = pegasus

This is all I've noticed so far, if anypony found anything I'd like to know, and I'm not dising ponies or trying to say the show is bad here, I just think it's interesting.

The cutie mark is supposed to be on TWO sides , and that doesn't change much.
Whats strange about not seeing much electricity up to that point? Its just a coincidence.
She is pinkie pie. She has no abilities except for pinkie sense , and parties , and all pinkie sense does is warn her so its instinct. She can move that fast because it was an effort to break the fourth wall.

So nothing strange here.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Dec 06, 02:08:31

I remember when the Last Round Up came out and I noticed that Pinkie Pie had a cutie mark on both of her sides. I thought it was a drawing error by the artists of the show.  lol

Tiger

You guys are weird, I've always thought their cutie marks were on both sides

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Dec 06, 06:35:41
You guys are weird, I've always thought their cutie marks were on both sides
They're supposed to be. And I find it very annoying to have it on just one side. When I make MLP stuffed animals, I put it on both sides!
I'm back

Go Up