Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: kagehikaru on 2013 Jun 10, 17:02:13
when i derp during a yu-gi-oh duel and cause myself to lose... :c

At least you didn't die weren't sent to the "shadow realms". :P

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jun 10, 21:28:48
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jun 10, 18:22:56
http://now.msn.com/toy-soldier-cupcakes-confiscated-by-school

Please tell me this is a joke.

One of my gaming clan friends who I also have on facebook is a political blog writer in NC, so I see articles like this ALL THE TIME.  Among them, i read that one.
I've seen so many of these stories they've lost their humor, like a bad joke that has been overtold....to bad they're never joking and they're all just idiots.  A couple more examples of idiocy(You can google the stories as I won't post them here)
-Boy Suspended From School For Making "Gun" Out Of A Pop-Tart
-Cowboy-style cap gun gets 5-year-old suspended from school in Calvert County
-Discussion About Toy Nerf Gun Causes Lockdown at Bronx Elementary Schools
-Maryland First-Grader Suspended for Making Gun Gesture With Hand

Need I continue?

:l
Well, that cupcake story was unpatriotic and absolutely stupid. I'd say something about someone trying to start a certain kind of regime, but that's all a little too political and merely a conspiracy theory. But I must add, that theory sounds like paranoid insane ramblings until you start actually listening and digging into it. X3

If I remember correctly, I got in trouble in elementary school once for having a metal butter knife in my lunch box. :\ My father had accidentally left it in there when he made my peanut butter sandwich. Of course, the school confiscated it because it was "dangerous."

I've also seen a story on an elementary school suspending a girl for spraying perfume on herself.
Seriously.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

hyper drive [HD]

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 11, 02:55:38

One of my gaming clan friends who I also have on facebook is a political blog writer in NC, so I see articles like this ALL THE TIME.  Among them, i read that one.
I've seen so many of these stories they've lost their humor, like a bad joke that has been overtold....to bad they're never joking and they're all just idiots.  A couple more examples of idiocy(You can google the stories as I won't post them here)

Need I continue?

Well, that cupcake story was unpatriotic and absolutely stupid. I'd say something about someone trying to start a certain kind of regime, but that's all a little too political and merely a conspiracy theory. But I must add, that theory sounds like paranoid insane ramblings until you start actually listening and digging into it. X3

If I remember correctly, I got in trouble in elementary school once for having a metal butter knife in my lunch box. :\ My father had accidentally left it in there when he made my peanut butter sandwich. Of course, the school confiscated it because it was "dangerous."

I've also seen a story on an elementary school suspending a girl for spraying perfume on herself.
Seriously.

The butter knife I almost understand. But everything else, no. I've also heard two different stories of where kids were telling stories at school having fun shooting guns with their dads, the parents were then arrested but they found out the guns were toys.  :l

I once asked my older brother why school people were so stupid. He said all the smart people got the hay out of Dodge.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Little Judas

Studying for Instrumental Analysis, this year we have 3 exams of it, 2 of which I already failed.
There is no hope but still I have to study, which makes the studying that more pointless.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jun 11, 05:21:59
Spoiler: show

Need I continue?

Seriously.

The butter knife I almost understand. But everything else, no. I've also heard two different stories of where kids were telling stories at school having fun shooting guns with their dads, the parents were then arrested but they found out the guns were toys.  :l

I once asked my older brother why school people were so stupid. He said all the smart people got the hay out of Dodge.

Elementary schools here have strict uniform-like dress code now.
It annoyed me so much when I heard about them starting it around the time where I was at the end of middle school. I kind of understood middle schools having it, even though it was annoying and I was looking forward to wearing what I wanted in high school. But elementary school? Really?

What are they trying to keep little kids from doing that constitutes telling them
1. What colors they're allowed to have in shirts, pants, shorts, and skirts.
2. Always tuck your shirt in and wear a belt. Your belt must be brown or black and must be plain.
3. Shirts must be plain. The largest that an image can be is the size of a quarter coin. This goes for jackets, as well.
4. Shirts must have a collar.
5. Shorts/skirts cannot end more than 3 inches above the knees.
Those little 5-12-year-olds are not going to wear sagging pants, tiny little miniskirts, V-neck revealing shirts, spaghetti strap tanktops, etc. They're also not going to go to school concealing a gun, a knife, or drugs either. They're kids.

In high school, there was a rule that said we couldn't wear a hat unless it was colder than 40 degrees F.
I still don't entirely understand the point of that rule. And yes, that even covered wearing a hat outside, which is a big deal because my high school was open-campus. Meaning, we had to go outside to go to our next class.

Like I've said before, I've never gone to an all-indoor school in my life.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 11, 05:48:17

Need I continue?

Seriously.

It annoyed me so much when I heard about them starting it around the time where I was at the end of middle school. I kind of understood middle schools having it, even though it was annoying and I was looking forward to wearing what I wanted in high school. But elementary school? Really?

What are they trying to keep little kids from doing that constitutes telling them
2. Always tuck your shirt in and wear a belt. Your belt must be brown or black and must be plain.
3. Shirts must be plain. The largest that an image can be is the size of a quarter coin. This goes for jackets, as well.
Those little 5-12-year-olds are not going to wear sagging pants, tiny little miniskirts, V-neck revealing shirts, spaghetti strap tanktops, etc. They're also not going to go to school concealing a gun, a knife, or drugs either. They're kids.

In high school, there was a rule that said we couldn't wear a hat unless it was colder than 40 degrees F.
I still don't entirely understand the point of that rule. And yes, that even covered wearing a hat outside, which is a big deal because my high school was open-campus. Meaning, we had to go outside to go to our next class.

Ugh, really? Humans are getting more and more paranoid by the second. What's going to happen in ten years? Will it become mandatory kids be bubble-wrapped? All that they're doing is breeding children to live in a perfect world that will never happen, and Purell-resistant bacteria.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Julius

Again, I worry too much sometimes when I really care about something or someone... Specially when I think I'm the cause of problems... This leads to me being a bit anxious, ruining great days for myself in just a few seconds. :c

At least it always turns out that I'm worrying too much and nothing bad happened, so I laugh it off and smile for the rest of the day! But still... On that brief period of time when I'm worried... I hate it, it's horrible... o_o

Also, this is going to be a very long week for sure... >.<
Purr~

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jun 11, 05:56:37

Need I continue?

Seriously.

Ugh, really? Humans are getting more and more paranoid by the second. What's going to happen in ten years? Will it become mandatory kids be bubble-wrapped? All that they're doing is breeding children to live in a perfect world that will never happen, and Purell-resistant bacteria.
come to California :3
1) as long as it's not gang-related, nopony cares what color your shirt is
2) wear whatever you want as long as you're wearing something (and shoes)
3) any image you want as long as it's sfw
4) any shirt you want that covers your torso
5) any skirt you like as long as it covers ya

most liberal republican state in 'murica, eh lol
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

kagehikaru

most people on this planet we call earth annoy me because they are dumb. :l
(non of you guys)
[move=12] [/move]

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jun 11, 12:58:35

Need I continue?

Seriously.

Or Hawaii. People here are so nice on the not-tourist side where I live. :3
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

ArtVeigar

The fact that when you're young, you have energy and time but not money, when you grow up you have energy and money but no time, and when you get old you have time and money, but not energy...

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jun 11, 17:18:04
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jun 11, 12:58:35

Need I continue?

Seriously.

Or Hawaii. People here are so nice on the not-tourist side where I live. :3

Here in Brazil there aren't really "uniform codes", but designed uniforms you must buy (or, depending on the school, they give it to you) and use it at school. My Highschool had a specific shirt for uniform only, but you didn't need to use it to enter the school and most of the teachers didn't care if you were using it. But it was an exceptional HS that looked more like college than a HS... And I loved it because of that.

Chishio Kunrin

Basically, my middle school was very restrictive about dresscode. I don't know if the elementary schools' dresscode is the exact same, but I do know that the middle schools told us:
1. What colors we were allowed to have in shirts, pants, shorts, and skirts.
6. No unnatural hair colors because they can be distracting. For African Americans, this included blonde.
7. No open-toe shoes. Pretty much no shoes that people can see your toes in, like sandles and flipflops.
8. No excessive jewelry.
9. No jeans. Nope. You can't wear jeans. Not even jean shorts.
10. Pants can't have more than the normal amount of pockets, so no cargo pants/shorts.
11. Tanktop straps can't be less than two-fingers wide. They do this to avoid spaghetti strap shirts being worn.
I can't remember their policy on piercings, but I'm pretty sure they don't accept visible piercings anywhere other than your ears.

Like I said before, my high school was a lot more lax about dress-code.
Of course, there were people who didn't like the rule of no visible piercings anywhere other than the ears.
There were also people who didn't like that we couldn't wear hats unless it was less than 40 degrees out. It especially sucked for the freshman guys who got tee'd because the seniors shaved their heads, and they usually scheduled it near winter.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 12, 04:17:19
Basically, my middle school was very restrictive about dresscode. I don't know if the elementary schools' dresscode is the exact same, but I do know that the middle schools told us:
6. No unnatural hair colors because they can be distracting. For African Americans, this included blonde.
7. No open-toe shoes. Pretty much no shoes that people can see your toes in, like sandles and flipflops.
8. No excessive jewelry.
10. Pants can't have more than the normal amount of pockets, so no cargo pants/shorts.
11. Tanktop straps can't be less than two-fingers wide. They do this to avoid spaghetti strap shirts being worn.
I can't remember their policy on piercings, but I'm pretty sure they don't accept visible piercings anywhere other than your ears.

Of course, there were people who didn't like the rule of no visible piercings anywhere other than the ears.
There were also people who didn't like that we couldn't wear hats unless it was less than 40 degrees out. It especially sucked for the freshman guys who got tee'd because the seniors shaved their heads, and they usually scheduled it near winter.

If I didn't have my cargo pants, I'd die. However, I carry a lot of survival stuff in it, like knives and lighters, so not really school-friendly anyway.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Ryo_D_Disk

The Server for my till is down just my till though and i have no idea why I have checked everything

there is no reason as to why its down all conections are runing all hardware is working Gah this is annoying me

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 12, 04:17:19
8. No excessive jewelry.

No jeans?!
I can't remember the last time I went outside of my house without jeans on.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words

Chishio Kunrin

Okay, everyone, listen up and read this here and now because I'm getting tired of seeing this happen.

The lesson for you all today is: JK Rowling did not come up with mandrakes. They do not originate from Harry Potter.

The moment that people see a mandrake, they're all "Harry Potter reference! XD"
And I'm just sitting here like "Are you bucking serious? :l"

I mean, I suppose everything else in Harry Potter is completely original ideas by JK Rowling, right?
Werewolves? Unicorns? Centaurs? Hippogriffs? Merpeople? Giant three-headed dogs? Giant spider monsters? Dragons? Trolls? Giants? Phoenixes?

I can let it slide for things like
1. The basilisk. I only knew that basilisks are already-established mythological creatures because of D&D.
2. Hippogriffs, kind of. Then again, I first heard of hippogriffs from D&D, as well.
3. Boggarts. Didn't know they're established myths until I looked it up.

True, there are some things that she did apparently come up with herself, like the thestrals. But still, why assume that something is an original idea from her and not inspired by myths and folklore?

The first place I heard of mandrakes was from Harry Potter. Did I assume that JK Rowling made it up? No. No, I actually didn't. Because I could tell that she drew a ton of inspiration from mythology and folklore.

I mean, this isn't like Full Metal Alchemist where myth references are so obscure that you don't even realize it's a myth reference. Example: Philosopher's stone and homunculus, as well as the origin of Von Hohenheim's name. References to alchemy myths.
Unlike that situation, with Harry Potter, everybody knows about unicorns, werewolves, dragons, blablablablablablah.

/EndRant

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jun 12, 08:25:28
Okay, everyone, listen up and read this here and now because I'm getting tired of seeing this happen.

The lesson for you all today is: JK Rowling did not come up with mandrakes. They do not originate from Harry Potter.

The moment that people see a mandrake, they're all "Harry Potter reference! XD"
And I'm just sitting here like "Are you bucking serious? :l"

I mean, I suppose everything else in Harry Potter is completely original ideas by JK Rowling, right?
Werewolves? Unicorns? Centaurs? Hippogriffs? Merpeople? Giant three-headed dogs? Giant spider monsters? Dragons? Trolls? Giants? Phoenixes?

I can let it slide for things like
1. The basilisk. I only knew that basilisks are already-established mythological creatures because of D&D.
2. Hippogriffs, kind of. Then again, I first heard of hippogriffs from D&D, as well.
3. Boggarts. Didn't know they're established myths until I looked it up.

True, there are some things that she did apparently come up with herself, like the thestrals. But still, why assume that something is an original idea from her and not inspired by myths and folklore?

The first place I heard of mandrakes was from Harry Potter. Did I assume that JK Rowling made it up? No. No, I actually didn't. Because I could tell that she drew a ton of inspiration from mythology and folklore.

I mean, this isn't like Full Metal Alchemist where myth references are so obscure that you don't even realize it's a myth reference. Example: Philosopher's stone and homunculus, as well as the origin of Von Hohenheim's name. References to alchemy myths.
Unlike that situation, with Harry Potter, everybody knows about unicorns, werewolves, dragons, blablablablablablah.

/EndRant

I did like the Merlin-character she came up with as a legendary wizard of old.

The Wandering Magus

everything from JK Rowling was ripped off from myths and legends and JRR Tolkien.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Julius

I'm trying to avoid watching anything E3 related so I can watch all the videos the day after it's over. The Internet can't stop giving me teasing spoilers. lol

The one thing that surprises me the most though... This unique rarity in the history of gaming... Every single gamer agrees on the fact that Nintendo and Sony win and Microsoft fails.

It's beautiful... Every gamer united like that... :')

I don't exactly know why, I really am trying to avoid watching but... Dude, this is beautiful... And I already got a Wii U! Only need to get a PS4 and a 3DS this time! ^-^

... Yes Jenzy, I was convinced to get a 3DS by certain games and a couple of people, don't say anything. :/
Purr~

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Jun 12, 11:16:19
everything from JK Rowling was ripped off from myths and legends and JRR Tolkien.

You make it sound almost... rude.

Please don't hurt me. >A<
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Go Up