Crystal Kingdom Map Update (snow and ice)

Started by Asriel, 2017 Dec 29, 19:14:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Asriel

With the advent of the holiday update, I noticed that you have quite the fun ice implementation going on there in the rivers.

While seasonal effects are pretty fun in general, it has come to my attention that the Crystal Kingdom is still in the Frozen North, even with in-game canon.

Also, in the quest "Crystal Inquisition," it is quite clear that the ice is getting close to the city limits itself.

Now that ice and snow textures definitely do exist, it would be great for the map to reflect the weather effects that are supposed to be there in game canon.

Of course, as always, I understand that other priorities may come first, but it would definitely help with immersion.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Ferro_the_King

No snow and no ice in the CK! It would mean the end of Equestria as we know it :D

(Ok, IMHO there should be some snow outside of the city limits)
Excuse my English, it tends to misbehave...

Asriel

That's precisely what I mean.

Not like the part during the Crystalling, but there should be snow in the main map part, then some grass near the city, then the city itself.

So it actually looks like the Crystal Heart is doing something.
"Henceforth," Ditzy continued, "you shall observe Muffin Monday on the first Thursday of every August! You shall commemorate it... with a minute of solemn silence for reflection on the fragility of life. And then, muffins!"

Go Up