33 (35.5%)
Unsure?
6 (6.5%)
Don't like pokemon (that's Impossible)
4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Go Down

Flamestriker

I just hope the fire starter foesn't evolve into another fire/fighting type. That's all. They all look interesting.
[move][/move]

Blues-Music

2013 Jan 09, 08:01:48 #61 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 09, 08:55:35 by McSleuthburger
Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 08, 10:35:56
Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jan 08, 10:29:32
Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 08, 10:07:36
Spoiler: show
[spoiler]They official run out of names for the games. Anyways, I didn't like any of the starters so I'll guess I'll go with the water type one and it ditch it and get a new Pokemon like I did in the last games I played. :P

In my opinion, I don't like the 3D. I just feel like Pokemon look better in 2D. BUT THEY BETTER NOT MAKE A R/S REMAKE IN THAT STYLE! >:O It's Because R/S would look so much better in 2D... I guess I just like Pokemon in 2D. The only good thing is that this style is like Fossil Fighters Champions ((By the way, IT'S NOT A RIP OFF OF POKEMON!)) except closer, and I really liked that game, but the 3D looks more cartoonish I'm this new Pokemon game.

We also FINALLY saw what the Pokemon world looks like. It looks like the new region is on top of Unova. I didn't see Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh though... Which is a shame.

The RS remakes will probably be in this new style. Each of the previous remakes used that generations game engine. FR and LG used the RSE engine, while HG and SS used the DPPT engine.

Well

R/B/Y +2
G/S/C +2
R/S/E FR/LG
D/P/Pt HG/SS
B/W B/W 2 R/S remake?

They might make it with B/W engine if they don't screw this pattern up...
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 08, 10:31:36
Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 08, 10:07:36
They official run out of names for the games. Anyways, I didn't like any of the starters so I'll guess I'll go with the water type one and it ditch it and get a new Pokemon like I did in the last games I played. :P

In my opinion, I don't like the 3D. I just feel like Pokemon look better in 2D. BUT THEY BETTER NOT MAKE A R/S REMAKE IN THAT STYLE! >:O It's Because R/S would look so much better in 2D... I guess I just like Pokemon in 2D. The only good thing is that this style is like Fossil Fighters Champions ((By the way, IT'S NOT A RIP OFF OF POKEMON!)) except closer, and I really liked that game, but the 3D looks more cartoonish I'm this new Pokemon game.

We also FINALLY saw what the Pokemon world looks like. It looks like the new region is on top of Unova. I didn't see Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh though... Which is a shame.

I didn't like any of that post.

The 3d is supposed to look cartoonish otherwise pokemon fans will make a big fuss about how different the art style is. Besides fans have been begging for a 3d pokemon game ever since 3d came out meaning if you don't like it that shouldn't be an excuse to not like it considering they went for the obvious majority , and 3d is not as reason to dislike a game considering it does not change anything except for graphics so it is just an excuse to complain. I also hope they make remakes with that art style. It looks much more fluent , and big other than flat 2d buildings. It gives you a feel of being IN the pokemon universe. Also they didn't run out of names for any game considering they always make names like these.

Red , and blue were two primary colors finished by yellow.
gold , and silver are two metals used in making necklaces , and rings finished by crystal which is what it is usually on them.
Ruby , and sapphire were two gems finished by emerald.
Diamond , and pearl are two shiny things often used in jewelery finished by platinum.
Black , and white are opposite colors. They weren't finished , but they had a sequel.
X , and Y are at the bottom of the alphabet probably will be finished by Z. ((In my opinion the word pokemon X is very epic))

In my opinion the fire type is very awesome , the grass type was cool , and the water type was meh. Also you didn't see their evolutions so you have no right to judge yet.

Final 2 things the game is still in a 2d enviroment only using 3d buildings and characters. You still have to move one block each turn ((Probably)) just like the old games. The last thing is that I kind of think that world was actually earth.

Also everyone that complains about the 3d is just making up excuses to insult the game that didn't come out yet. We were all begging for 3d , and when you get it you use it as a reason to claim disappointment because lets face it humans enjoy trying to make things look bad. Besides 2d actually looks bland , and boring in pokemon games , and I don't feel engrossed in its world. I don't know how something would look like , and how it would feel walking into it , but I would most likely be immersed due to the new , and awesome graphics.

Really cool story, bro.[/spoiler]

Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to argue I was just  trying to point out the wrong things about your post.

Also Tiger that is very stereotypical post.  I agree with stardust. Also gen 1 was the worst generation of my opinion , and I think the only reason people say the new ones suck , and the old ones are way better was because of nostalgia as originality in old pokemon was lacking. Also they all look great. You can't say something doesn't look like a pokemon. All of them look different so you can't actually put a limit to what pokemon look like so you actually have 0 reason to call it bad. Wait wait wait wait wait. G5...bad? In my opinion it was infact better than the pokemon roster of emerald by a long shot , and if you try to use trubbish , and vanilite as "Bad pokemon." then I already now you aren't actually a pokemon fan , and you are just following the internet stereotype because you can't say a pokemon that is MEANT to be ugly is ugly , and that is bad. Pokemon look exactly like they should , and like stardust said all of them look weird taken out of context. Also from what I understood from your previous posts ((Not trying to offend you.)) you are 12/13 so what do you mean by "What have they done to my childhood?!?" also the only reason I prefer g5 over g3 was because it had a bigger roster of pokemon , and since all pokemon are equally awesome I would go with the one with more pokemon in it. Also they only introduced five pokemon , and you already claim they ruined pokemon?

Also no offense I just HAD to say this , and I mean to insult/hurt no one.

-pic removed-

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Jan 09, 04:01:12
I just hope the fire starter foesn't evolve into another fire/fighting type. That's all. They all look interesting.

I'm a little sick of Fire/Fighting starters as well.  Blaziken I kind of liked the design of, but I much preferred Swampert.  Infernape and Emboar are kind of the last starters on my list of "likes" at this point; even when I was raising an Infernape for my Pokedex I didn't really care much for it.  Just not my style, I guess.

Book Smarts

Did they show the full evolutions of the new starter pokemon? Bet the fire starter is going to look so awesome  X3

Rikaria

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 09, 14:43:56
Did they show the full evolutions of the new starter pokemon? Bet the fire starter is going to look so awesome  X3

Not yet, but I'm eying serebii.net VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY closely ovO
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Flamestriker

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Jan 09, 16:44:54
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 09, 14:43:56

Not yet, but I'm eying serebii.net VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY closely ovO

Me toooooo! I can't wait to see more!
[move][/move]

Darkangel

I don't think more info will be announced since the games are all coming worldwide at the same time, which is a good thing.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Book Smarts

Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 09, 19:38:20
I don't think more info will be announced since the games are all coming worldwide at the same time, which is a good thing.

We'll probably see new information overtime, Coro Coro, a Japanese Manga Magazine usually has juicy information on anything Pokemon. American gaming news sites will also be getting great interviews as well.

Rikaria

Grabbed from a Tumblr:

QuotePokemon X and Y : Legendary names and Chespin

Pokemon X and Y legendary names were announced in Japan today. The big deer one is called Xerneas and the Y-shaped bird is called Yveltal.

Also, I just thought I'd use my language abilities to clear something up-- I've seen a lot of people across Tumblr and on deviantArt wondering what kind of a Pokemon Chespin is supposed to be. It's not very obvious from the English name but the Japanese name makes it pretty clear. Chespin's Japanese name is Harimarron (?????). The hari part comes from harinezumi meaning "hedgehog". "Marron" is, of course, the French word for "chestnut" and is also a word the Japanese use to describe anything with a chestnut flavour.

So to answer the question, Chespin is a chestnut-hedgehog-hybrid thing. And I confess... the little guy is growing on me. Froakie and Fennekin are getting a lot of love but Chespin is gradually winning me over. >w<
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Chishio Kunrin

2013 Jan 11, 12:27:12 #69 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 11, 12:29:32 by Chishio Kunrin
Finally checked out the trailer.
Here's what I imagine:
"Alright, now that Black2/White2 is out to win the fans back, we need to catch up and make something for the 3DS. *Writes "Pokemon X and Pokemon Y" on a board* Following the usual formula, what should we name the new games?"
"*Stares at the board* ...... How about Pokemon X.. and Pokemon Y."
".... Go on."
"Because... one of the legendaries... is shaped like a Y. And the other... has x's in its eyes?"
"Brilliant!"

No, but seriously, the game looks pretty good. I hope I have enough money to get it when it comes out.
I like fennekin, and I want it. :3 I can't believe they made a fennec fox pokemon, and it's a starter!

By the way, I have seen a rumor about a Pokemon movie/mini-movie that contains slight possible clues to it maybe perhaps having a chance of showing a new Eeveelution. But it's just fan speculation based on an ad poster.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Book Smarts

Hopefully the environment will look smooth, and the game designers will remember to make a better end game like with Black and White 2  :l

Blues-Music

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 11, 12:27:12
Here's what I imagine:
"Alright, now that Black2/White2 is out to win the fans back, we need to catch up and make something for the 3DS. *Writes "Pokemon X and Pokemon Y" on a board* Following the usual formula, what should we name the new games?"
".... Go on."
"Because... one of the legendaries... is shaped like a Y. And the other... has x's in its eyes?"
"Brilliant!"

No, but seriously, the game looks pretty good. I hope I have enough money to get it when it comes out.
I like fennekin, and I want it. :3 I can't believe they made a fennec fox pokemon, and it's a starter!

By the way, I have seen a rumor about a Pokemon movie/mini-movie that contains slight possible clues to it maybe perhaps having a chance of showing a new Eeveelution. But it's just fan speculation based on an ad poster.

It's actually because of y-axis , and x-axis.
Perhaps its because of the alphabet making Z the possible sister game.

Shadow Mare

Are there gonna be new types? I'm still waiting on a Holy/Light type pokemon.

Flamestriker

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2013 Jan 11, 13:40:57
Are there gonna be new types? I'm still waiting on a Holy/Light type pokemon.

I have no idea on that but I doubt that they'll add any new types. I've always hoped for a light type one day though!
[move][/move]

Darkangel

Here's what I imagine:
".... Go on."
"Brilliant!"

Actually, the other legendary has a X shaped chest... WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW!?! .....Since when did you get Public Relations? o_O
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 11, 13:00:53
Here's what I imagine:
".... Go on."
"Brilliant!"

I'm pretty sure it isn't based on the alphabet. But I think there will be a Z sister game, since there is also a Z axis.

Flamestriker

Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 11, 20:58:41
Here's what I imagine:
".... Go on."
"Brilliant!"

Actually, the other legendary has a X shaped chest... WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW!?! .....Since when did you get Public Relations? o_O
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2013 Jan 11, 13:00:53
Here's what I imagine:
".... Go on."
"Brilliant!"

I'm pretty sure it isn't based on the alphabet. But I think there will be a Z sister game, since there is also a Z axis.

I noticed that a while ago too... but all people notice that's related to X is that glint in its eyes.

It might be a Z, or it might be like pokemon black 2 and white 2,  with a second of both of them happening. Pokemon Z sounds cool, though.
[move][/move]

Book Smarts

Next generation after this will be A,B, and C, just watch  lol

Flamestriker

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 13, 15:18:24

I agree.  ovO Or they'll go 1 2 and 3.
[move][/move]

Darkangel

Quote from: Flamestriker on 2013 Jan 13, 17:21:57
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 13, 15:18:24

I agree.  ovO Or they'll go 1 2 and 3.

Nah, they'll probably go with pink and purple. :I

Flamestriker

Or they'll think of another ingenious way to name a game.
[move][/move]

Go Up