Sword Art Online (Sign-up Thread)

Started by HunterOfTheDark, 2014 Jun 27, 09:33:05

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HunterOfTheDark

2014 Jun 27, 09:33:05 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 02, 08:23:55 by HunterOfTheDark
Hello everyone! How many Sword Art Online fans we have here? Well, I have another new RP for you! This one is based off of Sword Art Online, and will be following the basic story of the show. Now, to get us started, a few questions.

1 ) What is your OC's IRL name?
2 ) What is your OC's avatar name?
3 ) What is your OC's age?
4 ) What weapon does your OC use?
5 ) What skill does your OC specialize in? (IE blacksmithing, beast tamer, cooking, etc. No magic allowed)

Hope to see you all join up!

Accepted OCs

Spoiler: Omega_Khaos • show

Rainbow Dancer
Wing Storm
Grand Swallow
5 ) What skill does your OC specialize in? (IE blacksmithing, beast tamer, cooking, etc. No magic allowed)
Beast Tamer and Blacksmithing

Spoiler: Zander Slade • show
Steam Blade
The Reaper
Scythe
Musical Instrument(uses an ocarina), Blacksmithing

Spoiler: Grizzly • show
Blue Star
Sefi
Common sword
5 ) What skill does your OC specialize in?
None.

Spoiler: Naura • show
Naura
CuteChikorita
Katana
Beast tamer and cooking

Spoiler: Chibalt • show
Frosty Falls
Frosted Blade
An unusually long zweihander(210 centimeters and roughly 6,5 kilograms)
Blacksmithing and singing.

Spoiler: HunterOfTheDark • show

Dusk Storm
Shadow Storm
At start, a plain, steel sword, later the Elucidator sword, and even later on, both Elucidator and the Dark Repulsor sword (that's right, hes the only dual wielder of the RP, unless someone convinces me otherwise)
Warrior and Beast Tamer
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Omega_Khaos

2014 Jun 27, 15:55:30 #1 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 27, 23:16:46 by Omega_Khaos
((I think I have seen all episodes up till now. BTW, can my chara be what the series calls a beater in hiding? Not known as a Beta Tester, but known to grow fast. The chara is an RPG tester, That is why I asked.))

Rainbow Dancer
Wing Storm
Grand Swallow
Beast Tamer and Blacksmithing ((If I can have two skills.)) Beast Tamer ((If I can only have one skill.))

HunterOfTheDark

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2014 Jun 27, 15:55:30
((I think I have seen all episodes up till now. BTW, can my chara be what the series calls a beater in hiding? Not known as a Beta Tester, but known to grow fast. The chara is an RPG tester, That is why I asked.))

Rainbow Dancer
Wing Storm
Twin Scimitars.
Beast Tamer and Blacksmithing ((If I can have two skills.)) Beast Tamer ((If I can only have one skill.))

Sure, you can have two skills, but thats as many as you can have. As for the twin scimitar weapons, I can't allow dual wield for you, since its a unique skill that only one OC would have. You can, however, make up your own unique skill that only you can use.
Dig the wax out of your ears because I've got something to say! He takes the blazing sun in his bare hands and endures the searing heat. A mans man sustained by strength of will. When you hear of the great Kamina they're talking about me! You'd best remember that.

Omega_Khaos

2014 Jun 27, 23:17:34 #3 Last Edit: 2014 Jun 27, 23:19:15 by Omega_Khaos
Changed weapon to Grand Swallow. it is similar to dual wielding but it is just a two handed weapon or double weapon. Skill would be Swallow Dash: while wielding a swallow type weapon, can dash at high speeds and make two hit attacks and run by attacks.

HunterOfTheDark

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2014 Jun 27, 23:17:34
Changed weapon to Grand Swallow. it is similar to dual wielding but it is just a two handed weapon or double weapon. Skill would be Swallow Dash: while wielding a swallow type weapon, can dash at high speeds and make two hit attacks and run by attacks.

Sounds good. Your OC is officially the first to be accepted! Can I ask you to try and get more to join up?

Omega_Khaos

Sure I can try but I hope you don't mind Green horns when it comes to Forum RPing. My brother and a friend of his are bronies and I think they might like this one.

HunterOfTheDark

Quote from: Omega_Khaos on 2014 Jun 28, 02:33:51
Sure I can try but I hope you don't mind Green horns when it comes to Forum RPing. My brother and a friend of his are bronies and I think they might like this one.

Thats fine, everyone was a green horn at one point or another.

Zander Slade

Steam Blade
The Reaper
Scythe

HunterOfTheDark

Quote from: Zander Slade on 2014 Jun 29, 14:54:26
Steam Blade
The Reaper
Scythe

Ooh, I like this one. Accepted!

Now we just need 3 more players before I create the first post.

Grizzly

Blue Star

Sefi

Common sword

None.
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Naura

2014 Jul 01, 13:09:58 #11 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 02, 05:45:05 by Naura
1 ) What is your OC's IRL name? Naura
2 ) What is your OC's avatar name? CuteChikorita (My minecraft name ovO))
3 ) What is your OC's age? 17 (for this rp)
4 ) What weapon does your OC use? Chainsaw
5 ) What skill does your OC specialize in? Beast tamer and speed
Notice I don't know anything about Sword art online (except from the rewievs I've heard of it, I heard it was bad because of the love story was not useful X3) Anyways, this seems fun and I know the concept, will they get stuck inside the game in this rp?
Feel free to check out my [URL=http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11982.0]Oc page[/URL]!

Chibalt

I know the concept too, also are you sure this RP is fine with the moderators? And another question, are you okay with Zweihanders? I just really like really big swords.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Grizzly

the mods will be fine as long as we dont take it too far, and why should there be a problem with a two handed sword?  >:/ i personally prefer the bastard sword though, one and a half handers FTW :3
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Chibalt

2014 Jul 01, 17:01:49 #14 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 02, 08:19:47 by Chibalt
My preference usually is with large two handed swords simply because I like the idea of being a real heavy-hitter in pretty much any game I play, in other words slow, very durable and absolutely devestating damage. Just something really satisfying about smacking enemies about with a massive blade as if they were dried leaves.

Post Merge

1 ) What is your OC's IRL name? Frosty Falls
2 ) What is your OC's avatar name? Frosted Blade
3 ) What is your OC's age? 18
4 ) What weapon does your OC use? An unusually long zweihander(210 centimeters and roughly 6,5 kilograms)
5 ) What skill does your OC specialize in? Blacksmithing and singing.
THERE, does that work?
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Omega_Khaos

Quote from: Chibalt on 2014 Jul 01, 17:01:49
My preference usually is with large two handed swords simply because I like the idea of being a real heavy-hitter in pretty much any game I play, in other words slow, very durable and absolutely devestating damage. Just something really satisfying about smacking enemies about with a massive blade as if they were dried leaves.

Post Merge

1 ) What is your OC's IRL name? Frosty Falls
2 ) What is your OC's avatar name? Frosted Blade
3 ) What is your OC's age? 18
4 ) What weapon does your OC use? An unusually long and heavy zweihander(210 centimeters and roughly 8 kilograms)
5 ) What skill does your OC specialize in? Overwhelming Strength(he is powerful enough to wield his weapon with ease in one hand and essentially treat it like a normal sword, albeit somewhat slower, using two hands would mean he'd probably be capable of overwhelming most opponents with sheer power)

Is the special skill too OP?

hunter may I comment on this one?

Chibalt

Just comment on my profile, I know that the character might be somewhat sloppy, eh, I based the overwhelming strength on a stupid strong character from a very violent anime I won't mention here for obvious reasons.

Omega_Khaos

2014 Jul 01, 19:22:46 #17 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 01, 19:24:27 by Omega_Khaos
the weapon is good but the strength would have to be gained in game. Strength is a stat all players get. Now you can have a move the temporarily allows you to deal more damage or makes your attacks harder to miss, By the way you handle your weapon. There is also the weapon charge skill, which does the same. But remember there is no magic in this game so buff spells are left in the potions one can make. Alchemist skill I think would be required to make said potions.

[This was the comment I was wanting to make for the RP.]

Chibalt

Ah okay, was a little unsure since there wasn't any mention of what kind of skills are and aren't allowed, how about I change it to a move that temporarily ups his damage? Does that count as a buff spell?

Omega_Khaos

well as I said it would be how you held the weapon or how you used the weapon that caused its damage to boost. IE you automatically look for an opening in the enemy's defenses and exploit it for increased damage on you attacks.

Go Up