Elemental Magic 101 (sign up)

Started by Dark Hooves, 2014 Nov 10, 17:58:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Peace Keeper

*grunts* I don't even know how to do that!

He changes his gravity spell to levitate himself softly to the ground. He clenches his head with his hooves in frustration and lays his head on the floor, still confused.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Dark Hooves

Finding the perfect balance isn't easy, it took me several years to master it. It's alright though, we have all the time in the world.
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Roots

Roots was deep in thought. He had been carefully watching Peacemaker attempt to make his hooves stick to the tree just like Dark Hooves and was also secretly impressed that Kato had almost done it on his first try, even though he fell. He watches Peacemaker make another attempt but he returns to the ground shortly after.

(Balance between focus and strength... not a spell... changing mana flow!? I knew that everything in some way has mana, spending time with trees taught me that, but I wonder if Dark Hooves is talking about... about attuning one's mana flow with another. Maybe... maybe I can do this with enough time and patience. I just hope I'm strong enough.)

Roots gulps and he makes his way over to Peacemaker who had covered his head with his hooves.

"It's alright Peacemaker, I know that you'll be able to do this, that we'll all be able to do this. I'm going to try it myself now... if that is alright with you Mr. Dark Hooves," Roots says and looks up at Dark Hooves.
"We know what we are, but know not what we may be. Do not ever limit yourself."

Dark Hooves

<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Peace Keeper

He pops his head from his hooves breathing hard from frustration, except his eyes were different. His eyes changed red with three dots around the pupil. He has activated his sharingan from frustration. He tries to calm down, taking deep breaths and his sharingan is rearranged again to regular brown eyes.

*talking to himself* So life has mana. Try to channel the mana from the body to the mana of living things.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Roots

Roots nods and he makes his way towards the base of the tree. Taking a couple of deep breaths, he closes his eyes and begins to concentrate.

(I may not have been strong enough to grow grass... but I believe I can do this.)

His hooves begin to glow light blue like the colour of his eyes and he reaches out towards the tree, gently placing his right forehoof on the trunk of the tree. At first, he couldn't feel anything, but soon enough he began to feel the tree's own mana.

(Alright... strength and focus... strength and focus...)

Roots slowly begins to pour some of his own mana into the tree and slowly attempts to walk up it, he succeeds in making a couple of steps before suddenly stopping. His strength had begun to wane which was causing him to tremble, although his focus had not wavered.

"I... I don't think I can make it!"

Dark Hooves

A good start Roots, perhaps you have the focus, but are lacking the strength.

Peace Keeper

So how do I feel the mana of other living things?

Dark Hooves

You should be able to see mana with your sharingan.

Roots

Roots sighs and steps away from the tree for a brief moment, deciding that he will try again shortly. He could sense the tree chuckling at him internally because Roots hadn't broken his connection yet.

Peace Keeper

But I don't think it does that, does it?

*activates sharingan*
He tries to focus his eyes, but is careful not to look at other ponies eyes to prevent petrifying them.
I still don't see it. I'm looking at your magic channeling through your hooves, but I see nothing.

Dark Hooves

I'm not channeling it on my hooves at the moment. I am on the ground. He focuses his mana on his hooves and starts walking up the tree again.

Peace Keeper

He tries to focus on the magic, trying to sense any sort of sensation of magic flow.

I still don't see it. Maybe if there is more concentration of magic, maybe I can sense it?

Dark Hooves

Dark Hooves pours more mana into his hooves, the ground starts to crack.

Peace Keeper

I can feel the ground shake, but I still can't see it or feel it. I guess my sharingan can't see magic then. All it could do is petrify ponies. *deactivates sharingan*

annosrules

Match quietly walks to a nearby tree and sit's down under it's canopy. His horn glows a soft orange as he carefully manipulates his satchel and draws forth a book from it's depths. The cover depicts an armor-clad pony with a saddle-mounted lance charging a dragon. Match opens the book to his bookmark and begins reading.

Dark Hooves

Perhaps I'm getting sharingan mixed up with byuakugan. He releases the mana. I can sense mana, but I cannot see it.

Peace Keeper

Byuakugan? I heard of that before, but I don't have that.

He still thinks of a way of how to sense magic. He levitates 5 small rocks from the surroundings while wondering how to sense magic.

How do you sense magic?

Dark Hooves

Part of my special talent is sensing mana. I can detect that you are using too much mana for that.

Peace Keeper

Really?I don't feel like I'm using much at all. I do this a few times when I'm bored or stressed.
So if that's your special talent, then that means I can't do it.

He starts twirling the rocks around in an atomic-like pattern, trying not to bump the rocks together.

Go Up