So, about Pinkie's diet...

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2013 May 26, 22:07:30

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

There's no doubt that Pinkie Pie is clinically malnourished. Given how much junk food she eats she should be as big as a house, but she's not because her body is running on pure sugar and getting no real nutrition.

Ever seen the show Freaky Eaters? Notice how the people who eat 5000+ calories in junk food a day are not overweight? Same reason: They're malnourished.

One problem: Malnourished people have very low energy, are very weak, are highly irritable, and suffer psychological issues like depression. Not true for Pinkie; she's hyper, fast, strong, friendly, and always happy.

(This video is about a diet of pure fat and grease rather than pure sugar, pretty similar concept though. Couldn't find a more fitting episode publicly available.)

TLDR: This is obviously a conspiracy on The Hub's part to teach kids that a pure sugar diet will make you like Pinkie, when it will in fact make you anti-Pinkie.

Nightmare702

I'm sure this explains enough.
~Deleted, wat?~

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 May 26, 22:07:30
One problem: Malnourished people have very low energy, are very weak, are highly irritable, and suffer psychological issues like depression.

ooohhh, that explains alot....for me

Although to be honest just because the only times we see Pinkie eat she's eating sweets, which branches off her working at a sweets shop, doesn't necessarily mean she eats unhealthy, although until we see otherwise i guess that's up for debate.  Also with the amount of energy she exerts in a day she definitely gets her exercise.

Although I do have my own theory

super_chris85

I have a theory

[glow=red,2,300]She's Pinkie!!!!! ovO [/glow]

Rissian

Just going to place this here.  ovO

She doesn't eat only sweets at least. x3

The Wandering Magus

just because she likes sweets and works at a sweets shop doesn't mean it's necessarily her entire diet :P  she's recorded to like hot dogs, for instance (the debate of which would be another thread)
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

FanofRainbowDash

I saw her eat apples on the episode,"Green Isn't your Color"

Asterian Starfall

If I may interject here:

Just because someone eats only "junk food" doesn't automatically make them malnourished. My friend, who happens to be a marathon runner, eats 3500 calories a day, mostly from burgers and french fries, with an occasional Twinkie. He can run for 20 miles before even becoming tired.

But aside that point, even if we assume the above is false, different people (and ponies) have different metabolisms, and as such, some can eat all they want, be as fit and clinically healthy as possible and never gain a pound. I myself have no malnutrition issues, can eat anything I want really, and if anything I'm still underweight... Okay, maybe I'm normal weight.

But Pinkie doesn't just eat sweets. She prefers them, but she doesn't always eat sugar. Nobody/Nopony can eat only sweet foods and be healthy.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

moonbeam16

GoldenTerrabyte

It's called eating healthy while offscreen.

Quote from: Nightmare702 on 2013 May 26, 22:37:37

I'm sure this explains enough.
You rule.
I'm back

SOWTOJ

She's pink, has some insane powers and loves to eat an incredible huge amount of snacks, including full sized cakes.

Clearly she is Majin Buu.

WolvesAndDragons

2013 Nov 11, 13:26:09 #11 Last Edit: 2013 Nov 11, 13:30:53 by WolvesAndDragons
Pinkie is pinkie.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

dynamite

She does eat fruits, meats and vegetables seen it in some episodes or referred to. That's what really matters. All the sugar is burned off from her being so active. And she probably has a high metabolism as well.

Flagwaver

I had a friend in high school who was hyperkinetic.  She was always moving, always talking, and always doing things.  She also ate like a horse.  Seriously, most of the guys on the football team were surprised how much food she could put down.  I personally saw her down a full super-sized big mac meal and then eat down half of my fries (super-sized).  Did I mention that she was 5'4" and weighed about a buck even.

The reason for her weight control was that her metabolism was burning everything she ate, constantly.  She told me that her typical diet was close to 3000 calories a day.  It was her constant movement and energy levels.  However, she did not suffer from vitamin deficiency.  She ate whatever she wanted and learned to let her cravings lead her.  That's where the secret is.

In Equestria Girls, Twilight tried ordering her milkshake with extra oats.  Since when do we add oats to a milkshake?  That may be the key.  Perhaps there are certain ingredients that are regularly added to their normal diets that control the nutrition levels they require.

In addition, you should not attempt to equate your nutrition requirements with theirs.  They are ponies, you are people.  Even for ponies, their nutrition is different.  In the episode Ticket Master, Twilight orders a daffodil and daisy sandwich.  Daffodils are toxic to horses, which means their metabolism is not what we would consider normal.

dynamite

2014 Jan 18, 08:53:29 #14 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 18, 08:56:06 by dynamite
There are also cases of people born with a condition where their body cannot store body fat very well, this can also be the case of Pinkie Pie. No matter how much she ate she couldn't store much fat.

Quote from: Flagwaver on 2014 Jan 18, 01:57:10
I had a friend in high school who was hyperkinetic.  She was always moving, always talking, and always doing things.  She also ate like a horse.  Seriously, most of the guys on the football team were surprised how much food she could put down.  I personally saw her down a full super-sized big mac meal and then eat down half of my fries (super-sized).  Did I mention that she was 5'4" and weighed about a buck even.

The reason for her weight control was that her metabolism was burning everything she ate, constantly.  She told me that her typical diet was close to 3000 calories a day.  It was her constant movement and energy levels.  However, she did not suffer from vitamin deficiency.  She ate whatever she wanted and learned to let her cravings lead her.  That's where the secret is.

In Equestria Girls, Twilight tried ordering her milkshake with extra oats.  Since when do we add oats to a milkshake?  That may be the key.  Perhaps there are certain ingredients that are regularly added to their normal diets that control the nutrition levels they require.

In addition, you should not attempt to equate your nutrition requirements with theirs.  They are ponies, you are people.  Even for ponies, their nutrition is different.  In the episode Ticket Master, Twilight orders a daffodil and daisy sandwich.  Daffodils are toxic to horses, which means their metabolism is not what we would consider normal.

Well what baffled me about that milk bar was I thought she meant oatmeal in her milkshake (which is actually pretty good).

LunarDusk

heh..im surprised she hasn't gotten diabetes yet
"[glow=blue,2,300]Hue Lunar Dusk archmage of the EverFree at your service.[/glow]"
conflictus nec divinos

OCs
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11752.

MrSpyro

Nopony said MLP ponies are the same as real ponies.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Pipkin

Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 02, 21:11:06

You're right....no one has...that has nothing to do with this discussion

In fact, someone said Twi ordered food with daffodils despite them being toxic to real horses.....we're discussing her eating habits.

MrSpyro

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Feb 02, 23:54:45
Quote from: MrSpyro on 2014 Feb 02, 21:11:06

You're right....no one has...that has nothing to do with this discussion

In fact, someone said Twi ordered food with daffodils despite them being toxic to real horses.....we're discussing her eating habits.

That was LittleshyFIM in his Cinemare Sins videos, by the way, and what I meant is that maybe MLP ponies have different anatomies than real horses that make them capable of eating tons of sugar without any side effects.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

dynamite

Maybe the pastries in Equestria is mostly made out of fruits and vegetables and less flour, table sugar and frosting.

Maybe Pinkie uses 4th wall tricks to send that sugar elsewhere.

Go Up