Have two or more adult stallions ever held a conversation?

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2013 May 01, 13:06:36

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Not counting young colts and non-pony races, have two adult male ponies ever held a conversation or spoken directly to each other on camera in all the nearly 100 episodes?

Seems post-pubescent male bonding is nonexistent in pony society. No wonder females run everything.

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

HerpyDooves

Little Judas

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 May 01, 13:06:36
No wonder females run everything.

Maybe the males are doing everything in the background and the females are there just to keep up appearances...
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Billow Pillow

Possibly a Conspiracy?!  I have a feeling the stallions are secretly plotting something... but what?  O:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

The Wandering Magus

possibilities:

a) the world is a gender-flipped version of America in the 1800's: men are the "inferior gender", women are the dominant gender.
b) Equestria is fighting multiple foreign wars and skirmishes, and all the available men except farmers and the unfit (or the rich) have been drafted into the military (notice that the only soldiers around are male).

counterexample: Flim Flam Brothers and Big Macintosh.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Little Judas

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 May 01, 18:19:31
b) Equestria is fighting multiple foreign wars and skirmishes, and all the available men except farmers and the unfit (or the rich) have been drafted into the military (notice that the only soldiers around are male).

... or the High Society snobs in Canterlot.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 May 02, 10:31:37
Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 May 01, 18:19:31

... or the High Society snobs in Canterlot.
indeed.  Fancy Pants and Jet Set, I believe.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

princesswarmheart

i do not think that there ever had been two colts talking to each other as i think about it on a 3 seasons i guess hopefully there will be in season 4  :P
P.W.H

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: princesswarmheart on 2013 May 02, 11:44:03
i do not think that there ever had been two colts talking to each other as i think about it on a 3 seasons i guess hopefully there will be in season 4  :P
Colts: Snip and Snail.

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2013 May 01, 16:54:01
Possibly a Conspiracy?!  I have a feeling the stallions are secretly plotting something... but what?  O:

Conspiracy...Women are more plentiful....Good Lord Kanji was right!
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Itty Bit

Aria BIaze

Actually, yes.
Flim and Flam
Snips and Snails
Joe and Spike (I know Spike isn't a colt but oh well.)
This is all i could find now. Here is a list of EVERY. SINGLE. PONY. In MLP FIM. Lets see if we can find more conversations.  ovO
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies

Asterian Starfall

"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

paintypalette

Guys just like Digibrony, you think way too hard about MLP. Its a five year old girl's show. What do you expect? That's like asking why strawberry shortcake has no boys. Why would a little girl WANT to see a full on conversation between two grown stallions? Digibrony made a video on why is there more mares than stallions. The simple answer: it's a little girl's show. I think from time to time you guys tend to forget who the orginal target audience is...

Blues-Music

Quote from: paintypalette on 2013 Jul 05, 02:00:20
Guys just like Digibrony, you think way too hard about MLP. Its a five year old girl's show. What do you expect? That's like asking why strawberry shortcake has no boys. Why would a little girl WANT to see a full on conversation between two grown stallions? Digibrony made a video on why is there more mares than stallions. The simple answer: it's a little girl's show. I think from time to time you guys tend to forget who the orginal target audience is...
I honestly have no idea who that is , but over analyzing is the reason why people love shows like this , and adventure time. Because they have mysterious worlds with limitless potential , and cruical items that can be analyzed.

Tiger

Actually, I saw a stall vendor and a stallion talking to each other in one of the episodes.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

paintypalette

2013 Jul 06, 09:22:30 #17 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 06, 09:24:34 by paintypalette
But there's no "Analyzing" involved on this kind of topic. Why does dragon ball z have So many males and only around two females? It's a show mostly targetting teenage males. Simple answer. When my brother sees a conversation between two girls in movies or on TV shows, he quikely looses intrest and ignores it until some boys get one the screen. There is no analyzing. My five year old sister always turns her eyes towards girls. She has absolutely no interest in boys watsoever. What is there to analyze when the answer is so simple?

Mookah

Analytically speaking, this actually kinda tickles me - how MlP juuuuust passes a reversed version of the Bechdel test. I've never been the sort of person who thought that certain pieces of media shouldn't be allowed to have a gender bias (sometimes gender is nice!) but it's a treat to to see what a show looks like when the bias falls in favor of girls for once. And it's just as nice to see there are plenty of wonderful guys who like it anyway!  :D

I'd definitely like to see more colts and stallions in Equestria, just to see what they're all about in the ponyverse. But I think the show's approach to femininity is one of the things that make it such a gem.  The characters are iconic and trope-like, but not rigid stereotypes; they're feminine, but they're individual people first and females second in a world in which that's totally normal. And it's not a show which is angry at men, either; it doesn't portray female power as something that can only be forcibly taken from evil men. It shows women who already have power, and discover their power on their own - self-possessed, confident people who are ready to make their own destinies. And honestly, I think that's part of why the Brony phenomenon exists - who can't see why someone would identify with these vibrant characters and want to be a part of that?

That's why I love the fanfiction!  ^-^ Lotta wonderful dreams. ... And some scary ones.   :I

Ebony Inkwell

Quote from: Little Judas on 2013 May 01, 16:22:40
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 May 01, 13:06:36
No wonder females run everything.

Maybe the males are doing everything in the background and the females are there just to keep up appearances...

Recently I watched a video by DigiBrony on youtube about the stallions and how they never seem to appear in pony society. What he said was somewhat like this: Since Ponyville is mostly farmland, most stallions would be out working the fields most of the time, or helping with the weather. If you notice during Winter Wrap Up, Hurricane Fluttershy, and the parade scene from the Babs Seed episode, there are plenty of stallions. Focusing more on Winter Wrap up and the parade scene, these are holidays, when most males would not be out working.

As for the main question of this conversation, I do not think two adult stallions have ever held a conversation, except for possibly in the background, but this does not mean there is no representation of males in the show.
Hey, everypony! I'm Ebony Inkwell, but you can call me Inkwell!

Go Up