Bronies on Hot in Cleveland

Started by Midnight Breeze, 2013 Jan 04, 01:57:16

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

Y'all may or may not have heard, a couple of days ago a trailer was posted on the official TVLand website of an upcoming episode about Joy dating a brony boyfriend.

Equestria Daily reported on it, it's supposed to have aired tonight, but I didn't see it. Hot in Cleveland is definitely not on my list of shows to keep up with. Anyone manage to catch it?

ComputerDeathglare

By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jan 04, 02:07:38
I... wat. :I

Surely you've heard of the great Earth pony legend of PRINCE SILVERSADDLE!?!?!

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Jan 04, 02:11:25
Quote from: ComputerDeathglare on 2013 Jan 04, 02:07:38
I... wat. :I

Surely you've heard of the great Earth pony legend of PRINCE SILVERSADDLE!?!?!

Spoiler: show

Isn't death more merciful? DD:
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

The only problem I can see with this is that people are too quick to stereotype. As soon as they see that, they'll think bronies are a bunch of adult men who "dress up" in fursuits and "brony out".

There's nothing wrong with wearing fursuits. My problem is that bronies who wear fursuits are a rather small minority within the community and in no way represent the majority. That, and quite a few people tend to have negative beliefs and attitudes toward people who wear fursuits. But that's something to be discussed somewhere other than this forum.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

The Silent Wolf

Did they really just stereotype us?  :l  I wear fursuits but I don't dress up and brony out.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Book Smarts

Is it just a piece of the episode, or does him being a brony make up for the majority of plot of the episode?

GuitarBrony

I'm honestly not too offended by this. This isn't so much an issue of ignorance or hatred towards bronies, specifically. It's about ignorance and lack of research in general. It just happens that we're the next ones in the spotlight.

I'd have to see the whole episode to really make a judgement call, though
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Billow Pillow

Strangely enough i am rather interested on how this will all play out.  lol
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

HerpyDooves

2013 Jan 04, 16:06:17 #9 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 04, 16:40:06 by HerpyDooves
No way! I'm not the only one who knows?? My mom told me Wednesday morning, and I thought it was funny lol BRONIES EVERYWHERE!

Edit: I agree with you guys. People are starting to notice Bronies and are getting the idea that we are just a bunch of guys who obsess over a show filled with rainbow ponies (I obsess over the show, and Rainbow Dash is still awesome, but I'm defeintly not old, still, nothing against older people who watch the show). I also hope that I don't have to mention to you guys that the show is about peace and love and respect for others, and teaches you a grand lesson at the end of every episode, and I'm also not forgetting to mention by when the show is called "Friendship is Magic", I hope they stop and think that maybe "Friendship is Magic" might mean something other than how frilly they think the show is. Just remember though, love and tolerate, but also remember that we are wiser and more understandable than people who just say that people whoever watches the show is "gay".

Detective Woona

Ugh, sitcoms aren't the best way to garner positive attention.  :l
At least it's not one of the immensely popular ones.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

HerpyDooves

I'd rather see a Brony go on Dr. Phil then anything else. (Just so said Brony can explain what being a Brony is like, not because said brony might have a problem or something.)

Chishio Kunrin

HerpyDooves is right. I ended up realizing that friendship is magic, even in real life. Friendship has saved people before.

Now, if only these people would realize that most brony cosplayers don't wear a fursuit. Usually it's an outfit that goes with the pony's personality and color scheme, probably a wig, and fake ears/horn/wings. But we all know that already.

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Jan 04, 17:02:19
I'd rather see a Brony go on Dr. Phil then anything else. (Just so said Brony can explain what being a Brony is like, not because said brony might have a problem or something.)

Or Oprah/the Oprah Winfrey Channel.

HerpyDooves

Oprah too X3

But you never know, maybe we're getting as many Bronies than we're getting anti-bronies, but it depends on what kind of person you're dealing with. Is he/she an understandable, loving person, who will probably watch the show on his/her own, because you mentioned it, or are you dealing with someone who would rather hurt someone than make them feel good? Some people may see it as the greatest mystery: "Why do people hate bronies?". But in some eyes, they see it as: "Some people are impossible to change." It's just their nature, it's their choice whether or not they want the change, to understand why bronies aren't bad.

You can't change a person without their approval.

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, with one of my friends, even when it's her own mother doing the convincing, getting her to do or try something new requires a push. Her mom had to command her to try drinking a Coke without letting it go flat, and she finally realized she liked it. She used to let all her sodas go flat before she'd drink them.

It took some coaxing and pushing from two people to get her to give MLP a try, and now she likes it. The only reason I wanted her to give it a chance was because she was calling bronies ----philes (you know what I censored) for watching it. Dunno why our other friend wanted her to watch, other than I guess to share the show with her.
Now, if only we could get her to stop thinking Star Wars is "Twilight with fairy sticks".

HerpyDooves

Exactly, even your best-friend can't change you, but has more of a chance than their worst enemy. And what you said at the beginning, about the flat soda, it kinda reminded me of how some kids won't give food they've never tried a chance, and end up liking it in the end. People need to give us Bronies a chance, but it's their choice if they want to, like I said earlier. You also have some valid points. You don't want even your friend calling Bronies, ----philes.

And yes, Star Wars is in fact, "Twilight with fairy sticks." lol

Go Up