The Silverdale Saga (No Jump-in Please)

Started by Morning Glory, 2012 Jun 19, 15:49:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chautauquan

As the combined efforts of the two silver ponies pulled Dusty out, he gritted his teeth against the pain, still wearing a forced smile as the bruises were bumped up against rather unpleasantly.  The gentle plucking motions were a bit easier to go through, although the pressure from cloth being applied was still leaving him rather tender.  Eventually, rather than admit the pain, he decided to speak up, and see if he could get away with simply "walking it off".  With a quick turn to those caring for him, he smiled and thanked them, adding, "You know, I'm right grateful for everything you're doing, but, uh, I think it's about time we get moving, right?  Unh--Best get everypony inside again sooner, that'll be best, I figure."  He stamped his hooves a bit for warmth before setting forth.  "Nevermind-- me, I'll be fine.  Sooner we get everypony inside, sooner we're all better off for it." He still grinned throughout the process, although a few words were rather... accented due to the bruising.
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

Go Up