Could a guy get some tips

Started by hyper drive [HD], 2013 Jan 08, 00:34:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Yeah, don't have her in a corner figuratively or literally. :c

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Little Judas

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Jan 08, 09:43:23
Yeah, don't have her in a corner figuratively or literally. :c

Yeah, Stockholm Syndrome isn't the best foundation of a relationship either... except if you are a rich beast.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Book Smarts

2013 Jan 08, 12:29:39 #22 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 08, 12:33:00 by Book Smarts
Do you and her have anything in common?  Always ask this to yourself first before trying anything. If you do, make a friendly joke or comment about something school/art related when your around the girl, if you make her laugh or comment back in friendly manner, try starting a conversation, and if that works, your on a good path.

(I feel like this has already been mentioned in many of the posts here)

hyper drive [HD]

what ive always thought on making a relationship would be saying a cheesy pick up line then just go sorry i thought i had to meet you because you are so cute. somin like that

Rissian

I think the most important thing is to be yourself, I also don't think any pickup lines are a good idea. I believe the best thing to do is to try and become friends if you two are compatible you will usually hit it off well in long conversations. Then you can just keep being friends and see if a stronger bond develops from there.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Lary on 2013 Jan 08, 08:08:12
By the way, the "Be Yourself" nonsense doesn't work. At least at first. You want to really catch her interest before letting yourself out.

Bullspit.

Putting on a false bravado just to get her to like you is inherently wrong.

If she doesn't like you when you're being yourself, then she doesn't like you. Period. It's pointless to try and win the affection of someone who doesn't like who you really are.

Why make her fall in love with someone you're just pretending to be? That's nothing less than outright deception.

Also, I hate the way people try to chase after partners that are exceptionally 'pretty' or 'popular' and brag about having such a partner. As if people are some kind of prize to be proud of 'owning'. So many people throw around the word 'love' when they don't even have a clue what the word really means.

Ugh. Sorry about the rant. That's just something that irks me.

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: Lary on 2013 Jan 08, 08:08:12
Don't force the friendship/relationship. It'll make you look like you're trying too hard, and could kill your possible chances.
Bring up a conversation naturally. Find some common ground with her.

The best way to push away your fear of the female is to stop thinking of her as a female - but as a person. This is very important, and can determine if you will actually stay friends with her, since most guys that skip this over tend to be after their bodies and not their person.

Another thing is that relationships don't happen overnight. It's completely possible to fall in love without a single date. Don't think you'll be paired with her right away unless you're shooting for a one-night stand.

By the way, the "Be Yourself" nonsense doesn't work. At least at first. You want to really catch her interest before letting yourself out.
What do you offer? Are you smart? Funny? Interesting? Talented? Ambitious? Creative? OK, now what do you do to demonstrate those attributes to the world? Don't say that you're a nice guy -- that's the bare minimum. Pretty girls have guys being nice to them 36 times a day.
In other words, make yourself interesting for her.

I actually have much more to say on the matter, but I'm short of time. My apologies.
i guess id be creative since i am an artist and im starting to get into free running.

ShadowHeart

Well I'm not exactly the person to ask since my dream is to be a single person with a ferocious watch dog but just be nice to her and try to be her friend. If you know her phone number, call her and ask her if she wants to do something with you. It doesn't have to be dinner but it can be anything else. That's all I got :P sorry. Wish I could help more. And I'm the girl who loves a good romance story.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Jan 18, 13:46:20
Well I'm not exactly the person to ask since my dream is to be a single person with a ferocious watch dog but just be nice to her and try to be her friend. If you know her phone number, call her and ask her if she wants to do something with you. It doesn't have to be dinner but it can be anything else. That's all I got :P sorry. Wish I could help more. And I'm the girl who loves a good romance story.
anything will help thanks

ShadowHeart

np and number one thing you should not do. DO NOT stalk her on the internet, text her like crazy, ask her out through facebook/twitter/ any other social network
My generation has been taught that guys who do it just don't have the guts to talk to you about it.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

alexandas

2013 Jan 19, 22:43:57 #30 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 19, 22:45:59 by alexandas
well being a 13 year old who knows nothing about love my tips are small.
for one dont just ask the girl out, it's too fast.
two valentines is coming up so i guess give her a valentine
three try to be as nice as you can around her, but not to nice that she thinks you are uh, i dont know something
four compliment her, don't do fake compliments though, so if you don't like her shirt dont say "i like yur shirt" just compliment her whenever you can and feel like it.
five make a poem for her, okay maybe not but that would be good for a valentine ;)
six stand up for her, if she is getting bullied or something than tell the guy/girl to back off on her

that's all i got
[CENTER][/CENTER]
I'm probably not here, but If I am, call me moon rabbits.
This is for you, guys: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=10581.msg878328#msg878328
:ajshifty::-3 (bloomberg)

Tokyo

I've experience with guys and girls, and the most important thing you got to do, is to find her weak point, that works with guys and girls as well. The weak point may vary, but there's always something others are looking for and likes a lot. It goes from a simple flower or word to a extremely complicated affect proof. There's always a way to know that, but the right way to get it, is with time and pacience. You gotta befriend that person, but knowing your limit in some ways, learning everything, catching every single detail. But there's algo a very important point, and it's the transparence, you gotta be who you really are in front of that person, because being yourself, you'll be able to get the right person for you, that's the way love works! <3

Enstramentall

I don't know much about love in general, but I'll tell you some things that have certainly helped me.... Sorta, kinda, maybe... :s I'm still working at it....

ANYWAYS!
1. Be yourself! Don't be afraid of that, it's what makes you you! ^-^
2. Show only a little interest at a time. Not all at once or you'll seem desperate.  Especially if you can talk to her, it's all too easy to show too much heart in one little conversation.
3. Tell her you like something she's wearing. It's a classic move.
4. If you ever go to a dance that she goes to, or something along those lines, hang out with her or ask her to dance.
5. Don't glance at her in class or gaze at her longingly as she paints. It's just flat creepy.

Of course, if you find you don't like her as much as you thought, then keep your eye open. Maybe there's someone who shows interest in you that you've never noticed before. The world's a big place. But, of course, if she's the one you want, by all means ignore this last section. Good luck, I hope you have success in your goal. ^-^
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Go Up