The opening

Started by Griffon, 2014 Sep 28, 15:28:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Griffon

Do you skip the intro? Or do you like the Japanese and Italian openings more?
Princess Celestia: Ah, Philomena, my pet. You're awake.

-ReiMar-

Never skip the intro. True original intro is the best. Japanese opening is just a mishmash from the show's scenes with fancy music. Should've drawn their own opening, would've been much cooler. 20% or so.
:]

Midnight Breeze

Japanese intro so friggin' long they have to cut out certain scenes in the episode to make room for it all.

Chack

Sometimes. I skip only when someone tells me to or if I feel impatient.
Wait for it...

LostSanity

I always watch intros.

^-^
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Tiger

I usually skip it, or I skip it to the part where Celestia gets the letter, which is basically the same as skipping the whole thing.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

HerpyDooves

I hate skipping the intro :P

sassyspa 10

MrEmu

I always watch the into... it has so many great memories...
Spoiler: alsoooooo • show
For those with a keen eye...any of the openings in season 4 have Discord in them, When you see FlutterShy he's in her window! ;)

Dawnstar

Haven't skipped the intro yet so far though I remember it made me cringe a bit when I first started watching the show, but it grew on me over time. I did like the subtle changes they made to the music starting in season 2. It's hard to tell what's different, but the intro sounded a little better from that point on for some reason.

Of course I have the extended version on my phone just because.

Yuriski

The intro makes me think "wait, why am I watching this?".

Then the episode begins, and I remember why  :D

InariFran

Japanese is fun but I have to say it's too long as a intro :s
Every pony's contribution is important no matter how small,if you just keep your head high do your best and believing yourself,anything can happen

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2014 Oct 03, 22:43:47
Haven't skipped the intro yet so far though I remember it made me cringe a bit when I first started watching the show, but it grew on me over time. I did like the subtle changes they made to the music starting in season 2. It's hard to tell what's different, but the intro sounded a little better from that point on for some reason.

Of course I have the extended version on my phone just because.

In season one's version of the intro, after the singer sings "My Little Pony... My Little Pony..." at the beginning, the singer is the only one singing. In the rest of the season intros, you can hear background singers. I like to think this was a subtle result of Twilight's newly found friendship.

Icy Shield

I skip intros if someone watching with me. But when I'm alone - I don't skip  0:)

Let it snow!

Onion Sing

I never skip the intro, because then I wouldn't be able to sing along.  :nod:

Pipkin

I skip the intro like it's no one's business  :P

Kuristuin

I'll watch the intro for one or so episodes per season... then skip the rest haha.

Snow Crystals

Skipping the intro nah.  I wish the Japanese version didn't cut so much stuff.

Go Up