Royal Academy of Magic (Jump-In!) - IMF&M ended; Current Class: Dragonology

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2012 Aug 30, 16:37:00

previous topic - next topic

IMF&M ended, current class: Dragonology.  Please vote for the next class!

Inter-Magical Forces and Magitronics
0 (0%)
Dragonology and Other Beasts
3 (7.5%)
Summoning
4 (10%)
Biology
1 (2.5%)
Swimming
0 (0%)
Space and Flying Studies
1 (2.5%)
Music
1 (2.5%)
Practical Applications of Magic
0 (0%)
Magical Items
2 (5%)
Runeology
4 (10%)
Magic Glyphs
1 (2.5%)
Magic Drawings
0 (0%)
Shadow Magic
8 (20%)
Healing Magic and Herbology, Potions
4 (10%)
Elemental Magic
9 (22.5%)
Ancient Magic
2 (5%)
Other (please suggest in OOC or PM me)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

"I now present to you Professor Feather Scroll, Doctor of Philosophy in Inter-Magical Forces and founder of the Academy's Magitronics Research Division."

The Headmaster stepped back as a pink-maned, quiet looking unicorn with brass glasses and blue coat stepped forward to the podium.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

ShadowHeart

The purple mare's ear flicked at the voice and her left eye peeked out from under her hat. Her smile was gone and she was looking around suspiciously.

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Teal Turken

(Hey! I know who that is! It's Feather!)

Voidwalker

Cloudy Zenith is now staring at Professor Feather.

Maybe a little more ionization on the wings... Aaack!
Here are my OCs

Dreadnaught 308

Hello, I'm The Doctor

ShadowHeart

(Not a bad speech. I wonder if I can track the unicorn who cast that spell....)

Ryo_D_Disk

("oh Feather gets a say again this year well I cant realy think of a better spokes pony, though it apears that one still isnt giving full atention")

ShadowHeart

Nightmaress pulled her hat over her eyes again and cast a spell tracking spell. Her hat kept her horn hidden and she sensed the spell came from a grey unicorn nearby.
(Bullseye.....oh well, I'll talk to him later.)
She turned her attention back to the speakers.

Ryo_D_Disk

("oh it apears my little seal was spoted hm it apears theres some potential in the crowd")

ShadowHeart

[lol this is funny it's like thought wars!]

PPBG

Shard smiled; he was watching from the outskirts of the crowd. Good luck to the students this year.
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

The Wandering Magus

The blue pony looked over the crowd.  When he spoke, his voice was soft, but the amplification spell made it audible and discernible to everypony in the audience.

"Thank you, Headmaster Crescent, and good evening, everypony."

The illusions behind the podium shifted into a calm background showing a map of Equestria and the surrounding nations.

"Several decades ago, my father, Lightning Scroll, postulated that all magic, regardless of origin, was intrinsically the same.  The academia of his time believed that Earth, Pegasus, and Unicorn magic, were completely incompatible with each other.  Needless to say, this caused quite a bit of friction between the three races here.

"I know that many of you continue to experience the effects and legacy of that period."

He paused for a moment.  The map flickered as it showed images of riots, protests and the infamous Occupy Manehattan movement.

"However dark those times, my father never gave up his vision of both a unified magic system and a unified Equestria.  As I began my elementary education, he encouraged me to interact with ponies of many different races, and non-ponies as well.  As I learned about other cultures and the thought processes of ponies who had lived lives in many ways similar and different to my own, I never forgot the words my father spoke to me.

"He took me aside as I complained about this and that, as many foals did and still do, and looked me in the eye and said, 'It's not the body that defines an individual, but the content of that individual's character.'"
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Voidwalker

Absorbing every word, Cloudy remains very quite.

Maybe a little more ionization on the wings... Aaack!
Here are my OCs

Teal Turken

:')
(That was so beautiful to hear)

Lusterless Nova

Nova's thoughts rushed as he heard Feather Scroll speak.
He kept his silence and focused.

Ryo_D_Disk

("verry nice lets hope the students are taking it in they apear to be paying ateniton thats good")

Dreadnaught 308

The Doctor groans but remains silent
Hello, I'm The Doctor

PPBG

So true. Memories of a dragon friend appeared in Shard's mind. So, so true...
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

The Wandering Magus

Feather continued after a pause.

"My father fought for education for each and every individual, regardless of race and gender.  Now, decades later, for the first time Pegasus and Earth Pony attendance at this Academy reached a full thirty percent of the total population among students and faculty.  I would like to congratulate all of you for making this possible, through your hard work and dedication to education.  Headmaster Crescent has already pointed out that this is just the beginning of years of wonder and discovery each of you will pass through on your way to the graduation podium.  Yet as we sit here, in an auditorium which only a generation ago was closed to non-unicorns, I ask each of you, both faculty and student, to consider this:

"The elements which make up our bodies, the magic which binds our atoms together, are all the same magic.  It is the same magic which binds the world together, and which allows plants to grow and clouds to be created.  In my research, I have proven the compatibility and interchangeable nature of every single type of magic.  We are, ultimately, all comprised of the same thing.

"Magic.  It is our lifeblood.  The Princesses Themselves, Their Names be praised, use magic to raise the Sun and Moon each day.  When we set aside our differences and examine our similarities, we can see just how closely we are bound to each other.  Let us never forget that we are all Academics, that we are all ultimately magic.

"As we start a new year, I acknowledge the ponies here are the best of the best.  The students who come here are privileged to have the guidance of masters of each field of study and research as they learn.  Yet I would also ask each one of you to never forget that you are still of the same substance as less privileged ponies.

Your years here will pass swiftly.  Each day will seem tedious, yes, but most of you will fly through in the span of eight years, holding doctorates and degrees.  When you finish your studies, you will be helping build and shape the world.  What world will you build?"

The illusions flickered, and shaped into the Shield of the Academy.

"The future of the world lies in your hooves.  Whether you will shape the world positively or negatively is your decision, but regardless of what decision you make, you will shape it.  Today, I have the honor of welcoming four thousand six hundred and fifty three new students to the Royal Academy of Magic, and I hope to walk alongside each and every one of you towards your goals and dreams.

Once again, congratulations on a new year here at the Royal Academy of Magic!"

Stitchin Time

Go Up