How long ago was G1 from G4 in pony years.

Started by Peace Keeper, 2014 Jul 18, 01:52:04

previous topic - next topic

Which history do you feel more acceptable?

Cross gen; history across Gens 1-4
0 (0%)
History only based on G4
3 (60%)
Cross gen: History starting at gen 1, but skips all the way to gen 4
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

Peace Keeper

2014 Jul 18, 01:52:04 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 18, 02:00:40 by Peace Keeper
I ask this question because I was curious and for an OC.

I know this may be weird to some bronies/pegasisters in this forum or the fandom in general, but I was just wondering in your best guess, how long ago would G1 be from G4. Just think inside the box, like if you are looking back a historic equestria. Don't think real-world franchise history.

From what I know:
Princess Celestia has been ruling for God knows how long. She hardly changed after 1000 years, so it should take many millenniums to see some aging. but in G3, she wasn't even around, which means this was a really long time ago and Gen 1 must be way much longer then. Also, their body shape changes from Gen to Gen, which means they may have been evolving for maybe 5000-100000 years each. I also know that in G1 the EUP's abilities weren't as strong as today.

So in my guess, each gen would be about 25000 years each, which would sum up the start of the 1st gen to possibly be 100000 years from the present G4 time, or 100000 years before Luna's return. But this is my guess. I may be over exaggerating on this, and I may be way off on my guess, which is why I ask you. On your best guess, and if you want try to do some research, how many years was Gen1 from Gen 4.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

You're making a lot of stuff up. The generations were never meant to be chronologically connected, they are reboots of the series. None of the past generations are canon to the FiM universe. There are a few odd connections here and there, but it's just subtle nods from the creators, not chronological links.

Their bodies changed because the art style changed. Simple as that.

Peace Keeper

2014 Jul 18, 02:07:20 #2 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 18, 02:12:53 by Peace Keeper
Ok then. I was just asking this question because don't want to make up jibberish on the age that would have been impossible for a pony to even exist.
I wanted to assume that they were connected.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Mizuki

2014 Jul 23, 00:55:12 #3 Last Edit: 2014 Jul 23, 00:59:35 by Mizuki
As weird as it sounds, I've actually tried to make up headcanons for this. Here's my version of it:

Basically, the earliest form of pony were earth Ponies. They had natural colored coats, kinda like real ponies, except their proportions were still different from IRL ponies. (kinda like "My Pretty Pony")

In this particular headcanon of mine, (I have so many headcanons!!) the MLP universe takes place "somewhere over the rainbow", much like it does in Rescue from Midnight Castle. (It's fascinating to me that G4 still puts rainbows at such levels of importance! Whether it's a sonic Rainboom or being totally Rainbow-fied!) It's why Equestria Girls isn't really "our real world" but a "mirror world" with humans that have pastel skin tones.

Anyway, this "rainbow power" (not necessarily the one from the Season 4 Finale, but you never know..) is what spurred the "Pretty Pony" evolution into something more techni-colored. Basically becoming a whole new species. (So the transition from "My Pretty Pony" to G1 "My Little Pony" was spurred on by magical rainbows)

and well, the rest could probably be explained in just this one image:
Spoiler: show

As for whether or not G1-G3.5 ponies were "around" for Celestia's rule, I'm not entirely sure.  On one hand, evolution supposedly takes millions of years to happen, and Celestia had only been ruling for 1000+ years.

But on the other hand, "General Firefly" was a pony who existed in the G4 universe, so there's no telling whether or not that Firefly would have had G1 Firefly's design, or if she just had that name by coincidence. (I know Twilight's Mom's design was loosely based off G1 Twilight, buuut she looks more like a G1 Blue Belle to me. Idk.)

Anyway, that's it from me!

If you're interested in more Equestrian-History-Headcanons though, I'd check out this fan made video series on "Historical Equestria". I don't always agree with everything 100%, but it sure does get the creative juices flowing!

There's also the youtube analyst Ink Rose, who's channel is 99% headcanons! :D

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Bro1997

2014 Aug 02, 00:29:35 #4 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 02, 00:34:20 by Bro1997
Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Jul 18, 01:52:04
I ask this question because I was curious and for an OC.

I know this may be weird to some bronies/pegasisters in this forum or the fandom in general, but I was just wondering in your best guess, how long ago would G1 be from G4. Just think inside the box, like if you are looking back a historic equestria. Don't think real-world franchise history.

From what I know:
Princess Celestia has been ruling for God knows how long. She hardly changed after 1000 years, so it should take many millenniums to see some aging. but in G3, she wasn't even around, which means this was a really long time ago and Gen 1 must be way much longer then. Also, their body shape changes from Gen to Gen, which means they may have been evolving for maybe 5000-100000 years each. I also know that in G1 the EUP's abilities weren't as strong as today.

So in my guess, each gen would be about 25000 years each, which would sum up the start of the 1st gen to possibly be 100000 years from the present G4 time, or 100000 years before Luna's return. But this is my guess. I may be over exaggerating on this, and I may be way off on my guess, which is why I ask you. On your best guess, and if you want try to do some research, how many years was Gen1 from Gen 4.

Keep in mind that My Little Pony as a franchise started out in 1983 when I'm sure that Hasbro probably didn't even think would last 30 some years. Heck, the first animated special Rescue at Midnight Castle was intended to have been the only special for MLP but started the 1986 television series later on. That special actually took place on the other side of the rainbow in the human world or as I read about it. It didn't even take place on another dimension. G3 on the other hand may have, but it still took place in Ponyland which could be the same place. Generations are created to keep the franchise from going downhill to the point of causing the company to waste money when they could be doing something to prevent something like failing for bankruptcy and eventually death to the company. I wouldn't want Hasbro to end up like that so whatever keeps them and other companies from failing is how marketing works in this world of ours.

Post Merge

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Jul 23, 00:55:12
As weird as it sounds, I've actually tried to make up headcanons for this. Here's my version of it:

Basically, the earliest form of pony were earth Ponies. They had natural colored coats, kinda like real ponies, except their proportions were still different from IRL ponies. (kinda like "My Pretty Pony")

In this particular headcanon of mine, (I have so many headcanons!!) the MLP universe takes place "somewhere over the rainbow", much like it does in Rescue from Midnight Castle. (It's fascinating to me that G4 still puts rainbows at such levels of importance! Whether it's a sonic Rainboom or being totally Rainbow-fied!) It's why Equestria Girls isn't really "our real world" but a "mirror world" with humans that have pastel skin tones.

Anyway, this "rainbow power" (not necessarily the one from the Season 4 Finale, but you never know..) is what spurred the "Pretty Pony" evolution into something more techni-colored. Basically becoming a whole new species. (So the transition from "My Pretty Pony" to G1 "My Little Pony" was spurred on by magical rainbows)

and well, the rest could probably be explained in just this one image:
Spoiler: show

As for whether or not G1-G3.5 ponies were "around" for Celestia's rule, I'm not entirely sure.  On one hand, evolution supposedly takes millions of years to happen, and Celestia had only been ruling for 1000+ years.

But on the other hand, "General Firefly" was a pony who existed in the G4 universe, so there's no telling whether or not that Firefly would have had G1 Firefly's design, or if she just had that name by coincidence. (I know Twilight's Mom's design was loosely based off G1 Twilight, buuut she looks more like a G1 Blue Belle to me. Idk.)

Anyway, that's it from me!

If you're interested in more Equestrian-History-Headcanons though, I'd check out this fan made video series on "Historical Equestria". I don't always agree with everything 100%, but it sure does get the creative juices flowing!

There's also the youtube analyst Ink Rose, who's channel is 99% headcanons! :D

Rainbows have always been something related to the idea of cute, magical ponies with special powers like magic. Even rival pony toy franchises like Filly describe how Filly Unicorns in their land of Crystalia are connecting by different colors of the rainbow. It's just something that is considered magical and enjoyed by little girls by the pretty colors they have. It's just portrayed a little differently in Equestria, but for the same purpose.

Mizuki

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 02, 00:29:35
Rainbows have always been something related to the idea of cute, magical ponies with special powers like magic. Even rival pony toy franchises like Filly describe how Filly Unicorns in their land of Crystalia are connecting by different colors of the rainbow. It's just something that is considered magical and enjoyed by little girls by the pretty colors they have. It's just portrayed a little differently in Equestria, but for the same purpose.

Yeah, that's true X3 I just like making things up for the sake of discussion is all, hehe

Bro1997

Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Aug 12, 00:27:46

Yeah, that's true X3 I just like making things up for the sake of discussion is all, hehe

I don't believe however that the generations are connected in anyway. Are they in the same universe? Probably. Just on different planet or if on the same planet different regions of the pony world. Like Ponyland (G3) over 3,000 to 6,000 miles away by ocean from Equestria or something.

Mizuki

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 11:08:27

I don't believe however that the generations are connected in anyway. Are they in the same universe? Probably. Just on different planet or if on the same planet different regions of the pony world. Like Ponyland (G3) over 3,000 to 6,000 miles away by ocean from Equestria or something.

Yeah, realistically speaking G4 is a reboot, so any past-gen stuff doesn't "really" exist in their universe, unless the creators choose to draw inspiration from such past things, like including Tirek and Scorpan, and of course Spike the Dragon :3

Bro1997

2014 Aug 13, 19:56:33 #8 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 13, 20:01:02 by Bro1997
Quote from: Mizuki on 2014 Aug 13, 19:25:43
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 12, 11:08:27

Yeah, realistically speaking G4 is a reboot, so any past-gen stuff doesn't "really" exist in their universe, unless the creators choose to draw inspiration from such past things, like including Tirek and Scorpan, and of course Spike the Dragon :3

So they just forget about them and just bring elements from the past generations as if they only existed in Equestria?  I've always imagined Equestria as a country in the pony world and other countries like Funtasia and Ponyland had some kind of diplomatic relations with Equestria. The same with other kingdoms like the Griffins and Dragons. I'm just using my imagination so I don't really think it's canon. Not to mention, Scorpan didn't really appear in Twilight's Kingdom just Tirek with references of Scorpan. Perhaps Celestia was talking about his last attack during 1984's Rescue at Midnight Castle which Scorpan did appear in. Spike the Dragon though is different. His G4 self had nothing in connection with his past generations. Because he hatched from an egg by Twilight's magic because of the rainbow that resulted from Rainbow Dash's first Sonic Rainboom. All I can think is that G3 Spike is G4 Spike's father and G1 Spike is the father of G3 Spike and the grandfather of G4 Spike. These though are just my imagination so I don't think Hasbro would want to connect the four generations in anyway. It's a shame though because I'd like a movie in which all the generations teamed up to save the Poniverse from devastation. I'm guessing it would confuse fans though, regardless of age.

Go Up