Fallout:New Vegas

Started by Crystal Chaos, 2012 Apr 23, 10:00:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crystal Chaos

Couldn't resist. I know it's violent, but want to discuss it?

When you chose three skills, use repair for one of them. You can fix his sub-machine gun and keep it.  ovO

Zygrograxgra

I don't like this game anywhere near as much as Fallout 3.
New Vegas is more focused on companions fighting with you, who end up getting in my way more than anything.
The only way to get any real ending is to do everyone's companion quest.
It's almost impossible to kill high armor foes with the guns I like.
Basically, it, ironically enough, limits me even though most people find just the opposite is true.
It does have its ups, but not enough for me to choose it over Fallout 3.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Zygrograxgra is on fire on 2012 Apr 23, 11:48:16
I don't like this game anywhere near as much as Fallout 3.
New Vegas is more focused on companions fighting with you, who end up getting in my way more than anything.
The only way to get any real ending is to do everyone's companion quest.
It's almost impossible to kill high armor foes with the guns I like.
Basically, it, ironically enough, limits me even though most people find just the opposite is true.
It does have its ups, but not enough for me to choose it over Fallout 3.

Ne'er played any other Fallout, therefore Vegas is my favorite.

Phoenix dust

New vegas let me down.
And I don't mean gently helped me to the floor, I mean bombed me into the ground, with the power of a thousand suns.

Fallout3 had just enough to keep me interested.
But to be fair there's only so much you can do in a nuclear fall out zone.
but a nuclear fall out zone in a dessert?
Some body really just didn't want the hassle of putting to many structures into the game, yes it had a few interesting and unique locations. but they all ways turned out to be so basic it got to the point of,
"I can't even be bothered to check out that location over there"
as I could look at the door and tell you EXACTLY what you would find inside.

But I feel let down, by how LITTLE of a full game it seemed, and how MUCH of an add on to the last it seemed.
Every thing all so for me, seemed to have a very cliché feel to it. and was over in a very short time.

The whole trying to put plot twists in to a very predictable game, such as *I'm your friend for life, I would die for you* to no longer than an hours worth of game play have them turn around and go *LOL, I was evil all along*
Just made it all the more annoying to play.

I also thought a lot of the creatures were highly over powered.
I know it's a fantasy game, but when your firing a small nuclear device at a slightly over grow scorpion, To have no more of an effect than the equivalent of an over cooked marshmallow, being tossed casually at the thing.
It's time to think maybe some thing could of had a little less health or some thing could of done with a few more hit points.

that's my experience, and is exactly the same reason i gave up with skyrim on the 3rd day after it came out.

Dust.

CyanideInsanity

I did enjoy it when I played it, but as  a lot do, I find FO3 better. Although I'll be glad once I finish FO3 and start playing new vegas. 3's compatibility issues with win7 is so annoying...

Though I did like the idea for modifying weapons, and to use their iron sights.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Crystal Chaos

ono So only CyanideInsanity and I actually liked it?  :'(

iAN

I enjoyed the game overall, I mean granted it wasn't as long as Fallout 3, but I still enjoyed it.

Teal Turken

It's fun but as most feel, i like fallout 3 more.

Crystal Chaos

Note to self: Convince brother to buy FO3.

Book Smarts

I've only played Fallout 3, I would probably like New Vegas since it isn't as crowded like the DC wasteland. The problem I've heard about it though is that deathclaws are known to swarm and appear at very low levels while playing.

Iodine

2012 Apr 23, 19:48:45 #10 Last Edit: 2012 Apr 23, 19:51:38 by Iodine
Fallout New Vegas is actually quite close to Fallout 2. It's in the same area, only further south. I really love the game, though! My only issue is that companions are over powered. They end up killing more than I do. I'm kind of tempted to leave all my human companions at the hotel suite and just bring along a robo friend. I really just love hacking at everything with a combat knife. Well, except for Deathclaws. Then I really do need help from my companions.

I just added a mod that adds a whole bunch of music to the radio and I'm really enjoying it. I get sick of the same small selection of songs.

Little Judas

I liked it to until I killed a bunch of Legion soldiers (still at a low level).
They said: "If you got a problem with it, then do something about it." (slightly changed)
It felt like a challenge and I accepted it, since that moment Caesars assassins showed up everywhere
and kept me from reaching new places.

The main quest was also unclear to me, thank god the internet existed, otherwise I was lost in the desert.
Because of this FO3 was better.
Thanks to Julius for my OC. (see the avatar)

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees, Give a home to the fleas, in my hair
A home for fleas, a hive for the buzzing bees, A nest for birds, there ain't no words
For the beauty, splendor, the wonder of my hair

Ozzy

Personally I actually prefered Fallout New Vegas over Fallout 3, purely due to the expansions, I think they were much more detailed with more story behined them, not to mention the amazing rewards, another thing about Fallout New Vegas which I prefer is that it feels more difficult, especially when on Hardcore mode, it feels like a genuine survival sitaution, unlike FO3 which granted was awesome for me, but I didn't ever really feel the need to be constantly conserving my ammo and rations, the feel of survival was not there for me

Iodine

I tend to stock up on more rations than I'll ever need, so I never have a problem with that. The hard part is the gradual healing with stimpaks and your companions dying. It actually feels weird not to have it on Hardcore mode.

Vick McBread

We got out of it when we had to chose NCR or Legion
never played that game since
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Zygrograxgra

Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Apr 24, 19:12:27

You can choose House or Vegas as well.

Another reason I didn't like this game was the poorly handled faction Karma system.
Just because I kill two legionaries doesn't mean that the Legion INSTANTLY knows what I did, while killing only one doesn't.
Seriously, what were they thinking. A reporting mechanic is far better.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Book Smarts

Quote from: Zygrograxgra on 2012 Apr 24, 21:03:20
Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Apr 24, 19:12:27

You can choose House or Vegas as well.

Another reason I didn't like this game was the poorly handled faction Karma system.
Just because I kill two legionaries doesn't mean that the Legion INSTANTLY knows what I did, while killing only one doesn't.
Seriously, what were they thinking. A reporting mechanic is far better.

Yeah, I can see how that can be annoying, it happened to me in Fallout 3 on a lesser scale when I shot and killed an outcast brotherhood of steel member and they all went hostile all the way from across the wasteland.

Iodine

I'm just leaving any quests that will lower reputation to deal with later. I also have a huge hardback stragety guide too so I can plan ahead.

ombranox

I thought New Vegas was superior in all but three respects: GNR was so much better than Radio New Vegas; The cheapness of certain points(Dead Money was utter BS); and the freezing and Slowdowns. That part was such a pain in the flank.

Book Smarts

Yeah, I'm just walking along, and five legion assassins attacked me all at once, I didn't even stand a chance. They completely obliterated my robot companion in a few seconds too.

Go Up