Season 3 cut short

Started by HerpyDooves, 2012 Jun 09, 01:41:20

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

HerpyDooves

I don't know exactly what's going on, but after watching the newer Wedding episodes, I saw this discussion about Hasbro being cautious since Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti left by only ordering 13 episodes for season 3. If anyone has anymore info about this, please tell, thanks.

Tiger

Where does everyone keep hearing this?? I need hardcore proof!

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Lord of Madness

im sure more episodes will be made, just calm down till facts are in place my friends  ^-^ like the fact that the giant death burritos are against the Tables in the great volcano sky pencil sharpener ovO

but really its all very likely to be ok  ^-^

lurk852

If I recall correctly, they ordered 13 episodes from one studio. Doesn't mean there won't be more in the season - they'll just be done with different teams or something.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

McSleuthburger

you have to think also they have 13 CONFIRMED that doesnt mean that is all, some might just be confirmed at a later date
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

SweBow

My research is saying that 13 episodes seems to be the reality.

I hope it will be wrong.

EDIT: Reason is not for Faust, Rob etc. leaving. It's just the standard contracts. What they can be after is Syndication (65 episodes).

snarfgsnor

hmmm when you said i did a little research aswell :)
and it seem like to be a 13 episode season.
buuut!
also it could mean something else:
remeber the show i created by 2 studios so they could have splitted up the work and this studio confirmed their episodes
or they are going in for smaller season and smaller time between the season. so we get more season with less episodes but they will come faster
or they are going for more like bigger stories (unlikley, but a possiblilty) so season 3 will be about a huge story instead of the smaller stories they make now. and aswell they will create season faster becuase of it *shrug*

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

SweBow

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 09, 11:24:11
buuut!
remeber the show i created by 2 studios so they could have splitted up the work and this studio confirmed their episodes
or they are going in for smaller season and smaller time between the season. so we get more season with less episodes but they will come faster
or they are going for more like bigger stories (unlikley, but a possiblilty) so season 3 will be about a huge story instead of the smaller stories they make now. and aswell they will create season faster becuase of it *shrug*

It's actually technically made by 3. Hasbro Studios, DHX Media and then Top Draw Animations. But Top Draw is hired by DHX Media.

I need to check with some of my contacts if they know something more.

snarfgsnor

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Jun 09, 11:30:42
Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 09, 11:24:11
buuut!

It's actually technically made by 3. Hasbro Studios, DHX Media and then Top Draw Animations. But Top Draw is hired by DHX Media.

I need to check with some of my contacts if they know something more.

okey 3 studios sure ^^
but. this is actully fresh news aswell. so we probably have to wait a few days before we get things cleared up and actully know whats going on.

avatar made by TheMysteriousArtist,and stardust for the pictures in the signature. go check thoose artists out!!

Blues-Music

This is the problem with most of us we worry too much one rumor or fact slips by ,and we all go oh no its ending they are leaving ,but no one thinks that they could be either splitting the work which I think they did in season 2/1 ,or the work isn't devided they only thought of 13 episodes until now ,but the rumor spread ,and people started counting it as a fact ,or it can be shorter seasons like they make season 3 13 episodes then they make season 4 13 episodes why does everypony come up with conspiracy theories when no new episode is currently up.

snarfgsnor

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 09, 11:45:51
This is the problem with most of us we worry too much one rumor or fact slips by ,and we all go oh no its ending they are leaving ,but no one thinks that they could be either splitting the work which I think they did in season 2/1 ,or the work isn't devided they only thought of 13 episodes until now ,but the rumor spread ,and people started counting it as a fact ,or it can be shorter seasons like they make season 3 13 episodes then they make season 4 13 episodes why does everypony come up with conspiracy theories when no new episode is currently up.

noone has stated it as a fact. and we come up the thories just like yours, scroll up and read. actull it seems just like you are repeating everything we have already said :)

Blues-Music

Quote from: snarfgsnor on 2012 Jun 09, 12:07:12
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jun 09, 11:45:51

noone has stated it as a fact. and we come up the thories just like yours, scroll up and read. actull it seems just like you are repeating everything we have already said :)

60% of all the bronies I met this week say its a fact ,and 50% of them say its because lauren quit due to a disease also I repeated what you all said yes ,but then I added my theory which is better than only showing one theory add them all.

SweBow

I now know a little more. But I need the evidence before I can say it's true or not.  :(

Book Smarts

I'm not making assumptions until more evidence is out to the public, we'll probably see more around Late July or August.

hyper drive [HD]

well after that they might do a different sorta way to where the mane 6 the age of big mac. and the cutie mark crusaiders are the age of the mane 6 now o_O :)

EuanHooves

Well, I certainly hope it's a little longer than that.  DD:

The Wandering Magus

idk, as long as they keep the quality up not sure that I mind.  There's anime that go 13 episodes and look fantastic.  And as for timeskip, there's shows where that worked out well also.

Still, we'll have to wait and see.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Iodine

Hasbro is making a lot of money off of FIM from its huge fanbase. Doesn't make sense why they would cut it short unless legal reasons prevented them from making more.

Ozzy

Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Jul 05, 08:33:02
Hasbro is making a lot of money off of FIM from its huge fanbase. Doesn't make sense why they would cut it short unless legal reasons prevented them from making more.

Exactly this, pretty much. There's no way it would be cut short unless they were being forced to, this is surely thier most popular show.

HerpyDooves

Quote from: Ozzy on 2012 Jul 05, 13:27:40
Quote from: Iodine on 2012 Jul 05, 08:33:02

this is surely thier most popular show.

This may be why, actually. Won't other companies try to sabotage their show if it was blocking other companies ratings?

Go Up