Princess Twilight Sparkle

Started by Jinxie Umbra, 2014 Aug 11, 21:06:28

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jinxie Umbra

I recall a lot of fuss about Twilight's royal station being ignored during season 4. Now that we've had plenty of time to reflect on this season's ending, I wonder how people feel about this now?

I personally expect to see a lot more recognition of her authority in season 5 now that she's settled in and everypony has gotten used to her. I'm happy with how season 4 portrayed her, easing us into this mindset of thinking of her as an alicorn Princess rather than forcing an entirely different character with a familiar face onto us.

Thoughts? ^-^

cloudwilk

I liked it from the start.  :nod:

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Dream Bolt

What I see is a lot of ponies and such not recognizing Twilight's authority at first because she hasn't been around for a thousand years or so, and she'll have to prove herself to them. Even though she's already saved the world, like, a dozen times already. Because that's just how these ponies seem to be. :l

On another note, I too like how they eased Twilight into her role as Princess. However, (and I think the entire community agrees with me on this,) even though it's pretty awesome that she has her own palace now, the loss of her old home was simply traumatic. ono I think that little stunt will officially make Tirek the most hated MLP villain, even if he is really awesome.

Still, I like the new council chamber with the six seats. It could look very cinematic for when the ponies are discussing how to face various threats and stuff.

cloudwilk

I was seeing a lot of feedback on how Twilight's old home seemed to match the rest of the city, and considering she hasn't been Princess for the same amount of time as the others, it made sense for her to be in her own humble little place that, perhaps, after years and years pass could grow (like a tree does) and become her kingdom. I think it could blend in a little more...

I didn't mind the new kingdom at first, but now I do feel it is too boastful for her image. She is, probably, the least known princess amoung the communities, hence the way other ponies still treat her as pretty average when she leaves ponyville.

Icy Shield

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 19, 07:28:54
I was seeing a lot of feedback on how Twilight's old home seemed to match the rest of the city, and considering she hasn't been Princess for the same amount of time as the others, it made sense for her to be in her own humble little place that, perhaps, after years and years pass could grow (like a tree does) and become her kingdom.

Why do we aways have to go for sterotypes? So she is a princess now and therefore she must have a kingdom, have a fancy husband, royal sceptre with a crown and just become a Mary Sue in general? Twilight can be a good and interesting character with out all those boring and shiny things. I almoust don't see any pontentional with this setup and it would be a shame if she stays in this position with out character devolpment in next season 5.

*crossed my fingers* in hope that 1 day she would lose her royal status and gave it to somepony else

Let it snow!

cloudwilk

I like her growing and moving forward... I feel it matches as we the audience become more enticed with the show... but her kingdom is unnaturally flashy and I don't see why she should follow the stereotypical route. Afterall, her best point in the finale was that she was unknown. I thought after that she would've rolled with a more quiet lifestyle since that was her advantage. But nope. She's going to keep growing.. and I don't mind that, but it should be done right. Doubt she'll ever be Mary-Sue but who knows.

imabrowny

Howitzer

By now, since we've had a whole season and a finale since Twilight became princess, plus with her wanting to keep her title a little more low-key and still want to be seen as a regular pony; it has given enough time for people to absorb it and finally try to come to terms with it.

The library, on the other hand, was a real low-blow to the fandom. But for a castle that magically grows out of the ground, it seems like that will be here to stay.

The setting may have changed (drastically), but at least it's still the same Twilight we've always known.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Go Up