Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 21:53:56
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 04, 21:37:10
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 18:32:03
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 04, 14:50:30
Quote from: Comet Oblivion on 2014 Aug 04, 11:36:16
Here's my issue: I was quite interested in the first Equestria Girls movie, and to be frank, it didn't live up to my expectations at all. Not to say I didn't enjoy watching it, but it just wasn't that very good. And now they are making a sequel? With rock concerts? And even crazier looking antagonists? Based off what I saw in the first one, what I actually got, and the rule of sequels, this is going to be quite bad. I'm rather scared about what it's gonna turn out to be :s

Well, even if the movie turns out to be bad, we can look on the bright side that we're going to get at least one really good catchy song. Daniel Ingram makes so many great songs, there's bound to be one that catches on in Rainbow Rocks, like Help Twilight Get The Crown did in the first EG movie.

It's more then just the music though. What he's trying to say is that Rainbow Rocks is still going to be a bad movie since the plot won't be great. I don't think I'll be that bad but I respect the opinions of other fans. If you ask me and other bronies though, an actual movie about the PONIES and just the ponies of MLP FIM being on their most dangerous adventure yet would definitely boost sales for Hasbro while at the same time being a summer blockbuster if release to theaters nationwide. They should seriously consider it in 2015 in honor of the 5th anniversary of G4 and make it the finale for the cartoon as well. After all, SpongeBob's first movie in November 2004 was intended to have been the ending for SpongeBob but Viacom/Nickelodeon decided to renew the series and to this day it's still on. Just a suggestion.

I know what he's saying. What I was saying is that, even if the plot is bad, at least we'll get good music out of it. For example, the season 3 finale wasn't that good of an episode, but we got really awesome songs from it.

IDK, I kind of like the idea of Twilight transforming into an alicorn. She does look more cuter as one.  0:)

I don't mind her turning into an alicorn. The episode just wasn't as entertaining, aside from the great songs. This may partially be due to the fact that they were constricted to a single episode rather than doing their usual two-parter thing.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

cloudwilk

Honestly, I really liked the Alicorn thing... heck, I like the Rainbowfied ponies and Twilight's castle, too. I love seeing change in cartoons >w< Honestly, I don't feel like it's very rushed, either. I mean there's was still a lot of home-life episodes between them.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Bro1997

2014 Aug 05, 10:58:29 #22 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 05, 11:00:42 by Bro1997
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 05, 06:45:53
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 21:53:56
Spoiler: show
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 04, 21:37:10
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 04, 18:32:03
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 04, 14:50:30
Quote from: Comet Oblivion on 2014 Aug 04, 11:36:16
Here's my issue: I was quite interested in the first Equestria Girls movie, and to be frank, it didn't live up to my expectations at all. Not to say I didn't enjoy watching it, but it just wasn't that very good. And now they are making a sequel? With rock concerts? And even crazier looking antagonists? Based off what I saw in the first one, what I actually got, and the rule of sequels, this is going to be quite bad. I'm rather scared about what it's gonna turn out to be :s

Well, even if the movie turns out to be bad, we can look on the bright side that we're going to get at least one really good catchy song. Daniel Ingram makes so many great songs, there's bound to be one that catches on in Rainbow Rocks, like Help Twilight Get The Crown did in the first EG movie.

It's more then just the music though. What he's trying to say is that Rainbow Rocks is still going to be a bad movie since the plot won't be great. I don't think I'll be that bad but I respect the opinions of other fans. If you ask me and other bronies though, an actual movie about the PONIES and just the ponies of MLP FIM being on their most dangerous adventure yet would definitely boost sales for Hasbro while at the same time being a summer blockbuster if release to theaters nationwide. They should seriously consider it in 2015 in honor of the 5th anniversary of G4 and make it the finale for the cartoon as well. After all, SpongeBob's first movie in November 2004 was intended to have been the ending for SpongeBob but Viacom/Nickelodeon decided to renew the series and to this day it's still on. Just a suggestion.

I know what he's saying. What I was saying is that, even if the plot is bad, at least we'll get good music out of it. For example, the season 3 finale wasn't that good of an episode, but we got really awesome songs from it.

IDK, I kind of like the idea of Twilight transforming into an alicorn. She does look more cuter as one.  0:)

I don't mind her turning into an alicorn. The episode just wasn't as entertaining, aside from the great songs. This may partially be due to the fact that they were constricted to a single episode rather than doing their usual two-parter thing.

Season 3 just had it's flaws though. Season 4 helped with fixing that and I know Season 5 will be as good since it's going to be 26 episodes! Besides, the episode was pretty funny with the cutie marks changed on the Mane 6 doing things they normally wouldn't do and Twilight fixing the cutie marks and changing everything back to normal, with her turning into a princess. It was a very good episode to me.

Post Merge

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 09:14:30
Honestly, I really liked the Alicorn thing... heck, I like the Rainbowfied ponies and Twilight's castle, too. I love seeing change in cartoons >w< Honestly, I don't feel like it's very rushed, either. I mean there's was still a lot of home-life episodes between them.

What is so bad about changes anyway? It would get tiring seeing the same things over and over again. I have read though that one of the episodes of Season 5 will deal with Twilight's lost of her library. The Rainbowfied ponies look pretty cool too. Kind of remind me of G3 too! ^-^

cloudwilk

I think it's cool... I always appreciated how Avatar had a story to continuously follow and I feel MLP does it in a more subtle fashion which is really appealing in its own way.

Yea, I always got tired of some big thing happening in a cartoon then you'd never see it again. Ruined the humor of the situation for me at times.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 13:58:52
I think it's cool... I always appreciated how Avatar had a story to continuously follow and I feel MLP does it in a more subtle fashion which is really appealing in its own way.

Yea, I always got tired of some big thing happening in a cartoon then you'd never see it again. Ruined the humor of the situation for me at times.

I always hated when something big happens and you don't see it again. Never was into Avatar so wouldn't no much about it. All I know was that it aired on Nickelodeon nearly 9 years ago. Yeah, FIM is more fun to watch when something different occurs. I just hope they keep it up in Season 5 and seasons beyond that!

cloudwilk

I'm sure they are keeping it up with season 5. Did you see the story boards? I like Dr.Wolf's reviews on it... really interesting formula they could be going with.

A ton of 90's cartoons were like that.. something happens but it means nothing. I mean, a lot of the shows were revolutionary... in a way... but I always wished for a show with continuation. Never watched Avatar, either, but I do appreciate the way its set up.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 16:48:25
I'm sure they are keeping it up with season 5. Did you see the story boards? I like Dr.Wolf's reviews on it... really interesting formula they could be going with.

A ton of 90's cartoons were like that.. something happens but it means nothing. I mean, a lot of the shows were revolutionary... in a way... but I always wished for a show with continuation. Never watched Avatar, either, but I do appreciate the way its set up.

Yeah, I also appreciate Avatar as well with it's continuation of a new series about Korra. Sure, cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life which ran from 1993-1996 was revolutionary because most of the crew went on to work for SpongeBob which is still on the air today. Ren and Stimpy is another revolutionary cartoon as well. And both of them aired on Nick in the 90s. I do enjoy some 90s cartoons but not much. And what story boards are you talking about and who is Dr Wolf anyway?

Chishio Kunrin

Rugrats had continuity with its movies. It wasn't one of those cartoons where it would get a movie and then they act like it never happened in the show. Dill was born in the first movie, and from then on, they had Dill in the show. Chuckie's dad got married in the Rugrats in Paris movie, and from then on, Chuckie's dad was married and whatnot in the show.

Bro1997

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 05, 19:07:04

Rugrats had continuity with its movies. It wasn't one of those cartoons where it would get a movie and then they act like it never happened in the show. Dill was born in the first movie, and from then on, they had Dill in the show. Chuckie's dad got married in the Rugrats in Paris movie, and from then on, Chuckie's dad was married and whatnot in the show.

How did I forget about Rugrats? I do remember Chuckie's new mom and little sister being on Rugrats after the Rugrats in Paris movie. I miss that show. Too bad Nickelodeon and Disney don't make cartoons much anymore. There both more focused on crappy teen sitcoms that are not hilarious at ALL! They're stupid, nothing is truly reality as it is in high school except maybe dating, and It just drives me insane how long it's been going on!!!! DD:

cloudwilk

Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 17:51:16

Yeah, I also appreciate Avatar as well with it's continuation of a new series about Korra. Sure, cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life which ran from 1993-1996 was revolutionary because most of the crew went on to work for SpongeBob which is still on the air today. Ren and Stimpy is another revolutionary cartoon as well. And both of them aired on Nick in the 90s. I do enjoy some 90s cartoons but not much. And what story boards are you talking about and who is Dr Wolf anyway?

Dr.Wolf is a popular Brony reviewer and analyst. I think he always brings something to the table if you ever feel the need to listen to something. He recently reviewed story boards for upcoming season 5! The story boards were revealed at a panel of some sort in LA or something. They're really hard to find online... I was only able to see the video Dr.Wolf posted.

90's cartoons can be boring for me at times, but they still hold a legacy.

Rugrats... I remember that show. I'm glad when they did hold onto something like that, but generally, change didn't happen to the same degree as a world building show would. But it is still great when it does ^^

Bro1997

2014 Aug 05, 21:26:42 #30 Last Edit: 2014 Aug 05, 21:28:55 by Bro1997
Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 05, 20:19:19
Quote from: Bro1997 on 2014 Aug 05, 17:51:16

Dr.Wolf is a popular Brony reviewer and analyst. I think he always brings something to the table if you ever feel the need to listen to something. He recently reviewed story boards for upcoming season 5! The story boards were revealed at a panel of some sort in LA or something. They're really hard to find online... I was only able to see the video Dr.Wolf posted.

90's cartoons can be boring for me at times, but they still hold a legacy.

Rugrats... I remember that show. I'm glad when they did hold onto something like that, but generally, change didn't happen to the same degree as a world building show would. But it is still great when it does ^^

To Cloudwilk, would you give me a link to the video you saw about Season 5 story boards? I'd like to see what their planning. All I know is that Twilight's new castle will have the ability to direct problems across Equestria, the 100th Episode will focus on background characters, the entire Pie Family will have a role in a episode, and a episode with Twilight grieving over the lost of her library. I'm sure that episode will be emotional. Wouldn't be too surprised if the season finale was her and Flash Sentry getting married and living happily ever after and the tv show would be  officially over by June of 2015. Along with SpongeBob, of course. I'd be a little concerned about the two going past that month and year though.

cloudwilk

[ Invalid YouTube link ] < Season 5 Thoughts, caution, spoilers.

I don't see MLP ending after season 5 XD SpongeBob... geez... I stopped following that one after season 4. They've really run SpongeBob dry. I feel like they'll keep doing that.

I'm really psyched about the 100th episode special.  :3

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 08:37:06
[ Invalid YouTube link ] < Season 5 Thoughts, caution, spoilers.

I don't see MLP ending after season 5 XD SpongeBob... geez... I stopped following that one after season 4. They've really run SpongeBob dry. I feel like they'll keep doing that.

I'm really psyched about the 100th episode special.  :3

Who knows then when the end of FIM and SpongeBob will be. After all, Arthur as in the TV show is still running and he's like in his 16th season! The show will be 20 in September 2016 if it get there. Just imagine if SpongeBob is still on in May of 2019 and FIM in October 2030? That's how long it would be!

cloudwilk

There are some really long running shows... I think The Simpsons is the longest running cartoon... currently on its 26th season.

Bro1997

Quote from: cloudwilk on 2014 Aug 06, 19:03:10
There are some really long running shows... I think The Simpsons is the longest running cartoon... currently on its 26th season.

Yeah, I think the Simpsons began around 1988? Am I correct on that? I believe the pilot may have even aired as early as 1987. Don't imagine Arthur, SpongeBob, FIM, Pokémon, or any popular cartoon lasting 26 seasons. Especially FIM. That's almost 30 years!!!!! FIM would've been on as late as 2035 I think if G4 is on that long. By then however, the Bronies would get tired and probably complain about the quality of the show, much like now with SpongeBob. It doesn't matter to the new fans, but the old fans just don't like it anymore or there's very few fans that do. Plus, the Simpson's have an advantage because that show is more aimed toward a preteen to adult audience and not to children like FIM is. Not that the adults like children's cartoons, but still. What the Simpson's can do is offer more variety and change things around like the technology they use and the styles of life can change as well. That's how the show can last. It offers more freedom and makes the show more enjoyable. Not to mention, there could not be a world without The Simpsons. Even though, I have not watch the show.

cloudwilk

Apparently The Simpsons began 1989... and I do see how The Simpsons being adult-oriented influenced how long it was able to run, however, I don't think that it can't happen for kid's cartoons. It is apart of American-animation culture for adult shows to be the long-runners but in Japan it seems as though the most popular shows (and I could be mistaken..) are the long-running kid's shows. (I know One Piece is technically for kids and that's gone on forever and Poke'mon seems to be eternal) So, my point is it's a matter of perspective rather than reality. Who's to say one day America can't understand that viewpoint as well? After all, SpongeBob is really pushing the limits in my book. Though, honestly, I do feel like there was a decrease in quality in SpongeBob about at season 4. Yea... The show began to just make me feel weird rather than funny and it was like there traits became their personality and it ended up feeling a little flat to me.

Chishio Kunrin

This has gotten way off-topic. I'll have to ask you guys to return to the topic of Rainbow Rocks and maybe take this discussion to a new thread.

Bro1997

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Aug 07, 23:49:07
This has gotten way off-topic. I'll have to ask you guys to return to the topic of Rainbow Rocks and maybe take this discussion to a new thread.

Sorry. Me and Cloudwilk are new here. I'll ask him to discuss this personally with him instead. Not on a new thread.

ritsl

Regarding Rainbow Rocks and Sunset Shimmer being a protagonist this time out.  I'm hoping that they build upon her reformed character and make her much more sympathetic.  This is what I hope will happen:

Sunset Shimmer feels that the only way to stop the sirens (lets face it, that's the villains) is to get Twilight Sparkle back into this world with her Element of Harmony, not knowing that Twilight doesn't have the element anymore.

If we're lucky, we'll have two scenes in the pony world.  The movie will start in the human world this time and we'll see the pony world for the first time when Sunset Shimmer goes through the portal (alone, natch) to fetch Twilight.  We may even get to see Sunset happy to be a pony once again even if only temporary.

Sunset, Twilight, and Spike head back to the human world and all save the day; through friendship of course.  No idea if the sirens learn the lesson or are just tools to demonstrate it.

Once everything is over with, the three head back to the pony world so Twilight and Spike can go home and Sunset can apologize to Celestia and maybe even interact with the pony counterparts of her human friends.  However, even though Sunset is really a pony, she still returns back to the human world because that's where her friends are.  Friendship lessons abound!

That's my hope.  There's also the other option of this movie being all about human Twilight (and her dog Spike) coming to Canterlot High and the rest of the Mane 6 and Sunset Shimmer teaching her all about friendship but I think we still need the pony world to show up.  Maybe by the third or fourth EQG movie we'll have separated the two franchises.

Bro1997

Quote from: ritsl on 2014 Aug 09, 00:02:47
Regarding Rainbow Rocks and Sunset Shimmer being a protagonist this time out.  I'm hoping that they build upon her reformed character and make her much more sympathetic.  This is what I hope will happen:

Sunset Shimmer feels that the only way to stop the sirens (lets face it, that's the villains) is to get Twilight Sparkle back into this world with her Element of Harmony, not knowing that Twilight doesn't have the element anymore.

If we're lucky, we'll have two scenes in the pony world.  The movie will start in the human world this time and we'll see the pony world for the first time when Sunset Shimmer goes through the portal (alone, natch) to fetch Twilight.  We may even get to see Sunset happy to be a pony once again even if only temporary.

Sunset, Twilight, and Spike head back to the human world and all save the day; through friendship of course.  No idea if the sirens learn the lesson or are just tools to demonstrate it.

Once everything is over with, the three head back to the pony world so Twilight and Spike can go home and Sunset can apologize to Celestia and maybe even interact with the pony counterparts of her human friends.  However, even though Sunset is really a pony, she still returns back to the human world because that's where her friends are.  Friendship lessons abound!

That's my hope.  There's also the other option of this movie being all about human Twilight (and her dog Spike) coming to Canterlot High and the rest of the Mane 6 and Sunset Shimmer teaching her all about friendship but I think we still need the pony world to show up.  Maybe by the third or fourth EQG movie we'll have separated the two franchises.

Who knows? Hasbro's continuing MLP's current generation for five more years (As of February 2014) so I really don't know what to expect.  Equestria Girls might end up having it's own television show and franchise while what knows will happen to FIM. Probably get cancelled by next year. All I know is that the fourth EQG movie is probably being released around 2017 according to some rumors in Russian media or something!

Go Up