Season 5 Discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2014 Jan 31, 19:17:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

I'm the first to post thoughts on the new episode on here? Really?

That's... kind of... surprising...  :I

Oh well. Anyway... here are my S5E10 thoughts:

Spoiler: show
It wasn't a bad episode.

I kind of feel sorry for Spike. A little. He was just trying to help and let Twilight sleep and it went over the top. That seems to be the general "theme" when it comes to Spike episodes.

I liked seeing Cadence and her being involved in this episode though.

I liked the episode for the most part.

:)
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Jinxie Umbra

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Jun 21, 18:04:40
I'm the first to post thoughts on the new episode on here? Really?

That's... kind of... surprising...  :I

Oh well. Anyway... here are my S5E10 thoughts:

It wasn't a bad episode.

I kind of feel sorry for Spike. A little. He was just trying to help and let Twilight sleep and it went over the top. That seems to be the general "theme" when it comes to Spike episodes.

I liked seeing Cadence and her being involved in this episode though.

I liked the episode for the most part.

:)

That's because it's a Spike episode. lol

It was nice to see Luna again. Also, I like the spell Cadence used to block the pipe.

Chishio Kunrin

Maybe next time build a statue that doesn't break if you sneeze on it. :P Perhaps glue the pieces together with magic super glue or something.

This episode was very interesting, and I like that they didn't shout in our faces "Hey, everyone ignores Spike's opinion! That's why he's doing this!" They just said it, instead of shouting.

The spell Cadance used to block the pipe was pretty cool. It's neat that she can summon crystals like that. Or, maybe she created crystals using impurities in the water or something. I dunno.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Howitzer

Did it seem a bit weird that Spike didn't even seem to be taking advantage of Twilight's power until Cadence questioned him?
Besides from that, it wasn't as big as "Tanks for the memories", but it was good episode.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Chishio Kunrin

Spoiler: Party Pooped • show
"So... Do we... walk up the slide? Or... what?" after Pinkie slid up the slide. lol That's my favorite joke of the whole episode!

But I also liked the look on Celestia's face when the prince said they decided not to declare war.

I also liked the moment with
Dash: Why are your eyes darting back and forth?
Pinkie: That's just what I do when I'm NOT NERVOUS! HAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

This episode was great! It was fun and cute, but I am kinda sad that we didn't get to see more than the front gate of Yakyakistan.

LostSanity

Here come S5E11 thoughts for me:

I enjoyed this episode. Pinkie Pie randomness is always a good thing. For me at least.

I kind of feel like I'm the only one that feels like the Yaks were... kind of being jerks.

Regardless this was actually kind of a funny episode. I liked it.

^-^

Chishio Kunrin

How could I forget to mention Twilight being afraid of quesadillas?! "They're so... cheesy..." :P

Stardust Dragon

And for today's episode:

Overall I liked the episode and it's message, since it's something I struggle with doing myself.  However, there were a few things that I wasn't a huge fan of.

First, Minuette's voice.  I don't know what it was, but there was something about the pitch or tone she had that just...grated, after a while.

Second was that Lyra was mentioned heavily, but we only got a picture of her in the end of the episode.  I did like the explanation we got for why Lyra wasn't in town, but was bringing her up really so important?  Maybe if Twilight had made a mention of visiting Lyra when she got back home it'd feel better...still, we did get to see some of her in episode 100, so it's not a disastrous loss.

Finally was Moondancer in the very end.  I know we were supposed to acknowledge that time had passed between Twilight's reconciliation and the four Canterlot friends going to play ball, but when we don't know how long it's been.  With what we saw of Moondancer, she didn't seem to be the sort to play sports.  I'd find it more believable if she were maybe on the sidelines, watching, cheering, keeping score or something like that, but still at least hanging out with her friends.

As for some positives: I really liked how Moondancer's appearance enforced how similar she was to Twilight, just taking a different path by staying cooped up studying.  I always am fascinated by those sort of "other universe" stories where one decision makes a huge difference, so even while this wasn't an otherworld tale it still had that feel.

And finally, the Baby Twi/Bubbles voice.  Squueee!!  :D

Chishio Kunrin

This was quite a cute and interesting episode. It's also become pretty clear that Hasbro is going to be cashing in on the background characters by having them given more spotlight and lines. Now that kids have gotten to know Lyra, Bon Bon/Sweetie Drops, Colgate/Minuette, Derpy/Muffin, Dr. Whooves/Dr. Hooves, Octavia, and DJ Pon3, they're gonna want to buy the toys.

It was interesting to see that one moment from the show's premiere come back to haunt Twilight and what she did about it.

Shadow-Flare

13:30 thats all im going to say

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Jul 05, 17:39:28 #150 Last Edit: 2015 Jul 06, 18:07:46 by Chishio Kunrin
Spoiler: Super important thing in Amending Fences!!! • show

Who's that, in the upper left, reading a menu? o.O

Look familiar? :]

LostSanity

Here are thoughts for S5E12:

I liked this episode. A LOT. I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Here's a summary though:

Nostalgia all around. Character development all around. Feels all around.

This was just an all around GREAT episode.

:D

P.S.: Looks like the Luna episode is next. I'm looking forward to that one.

:D

Jinxie Umbra

Spoiler: Amending Fences • show
Such a great episode. I'm so glad they did this. Beautifully done!

Spoiler: Next Week... • show
Ermagerd! Dis gonna be gud! I just hope they don't spoil the thing with previews. Even though many of us already know what's coming.

Mizuki

I really liked this week's episode, but...is it weird that I don't really have anything else to say about it? (aside from omg, that Canterlot architecture! <3)

With the previous seasons I always had something to say for most of the episodes, but this season...I don't hate the episodes, but I haven't been totally blown away by them, either. Which is weird because this season has probably put forth the most effort in terms of world building since, like, idk, season 1? But I don't know if they did a super good job at the world building either; like I feel like there's a better way to do it other than exposit a bunch of stuff within the first few minutes of the episode.

Though I will say this:
It's so nice that we finally have an official G1 design for Moon Dancer! But I think the decision to make her coat yellow was a bit of an odd choice. But overall I really liked this episode, it was nice to see Twilight hang with other ponies aside from the mane 6 for a change. (so much pastels, omg)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Sweet Brew

Spoiler:  S5 E12 • show
Amending fences was amazing... I actually cried.
I just don't cry at anything anymore or even feel anything at all, but that really hit a chord in me in a good way.
I related to Moon dancer a lot, she might be my favorite guest star pony now. X3

Chishio Kunrin

Well, since it's Monday, and there's no longer any need for spoiler tags for Amending Fences, and I reeeally wanna show what some people found... O:

That pony in the top left sure looks familiar!

Could it be?

Onion Sing

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 06, 18:10:57
Well, since it's Monday, and there's no longer any need for spoiler tags for Amending Fences, and I reeeally wanna show what some people found... O:

Could it be?

You beat me to it!  X3

You have a sharp eye!

I guess I shoulda checked the forums before making these screenshots:  :P

When we saw her behind the menu, my brother and I both gasped in suprize/shock at the same time! O:  O:

My bro quickly paused it, and as we were staring at each other, speechless, my mom came in the room and asked if we were okay.  o.O

We both quickly jumped up to cover the screen (she is about 2 episodes behind) because spoilers, and wound up accidentally bumping heads.  >.<

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
~Causing head injuries since July 6'th, 2015!  ovO

(We watch through itunes on Mondays)

Sunshine Smash

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Jul 06, 18:10:57

Could it be?

Excuse me while I freak out. AAFSKGJERKRHDDFNHRHTHGHBDF...
Seriously, I never would have spotted that!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

LostSanity

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Jul 09, 16:06:11

:l

Why?

That's almost worse than the one year wait for Season 5.

I really don't understand this. There's just no reason for this at all.

>:O

Go Up