LostSanity's OC's (multiple; you can give me advice on them if you want?)

Started by LostSanity, 2012 Sep 27, 14:23:01

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Alright so I'm going to go ahead and take the time to post ALL of my MLP:FiM OC's for roleplays. I've used a few of them in RP's. Most of which the RP's never finished. Some of them I'm using in RP's currently. I'll mention which ones I'm used later. Let me just go ahead and start since this may end up being a long post.

Here's my first one:

Name: Lane Logikin

Species: Earth Pony

Appearance:

Career: Detective/Investigator

Personality: Lane doesn't have many friends. Mostly because of his profession most likely. However, he's actually quite nice once you get to know him and he'll help anypony who asks him for his help. He isn't affected by admitting he's wrong. In fact he'll flat out admit when he's wrong. It allows him to learn from his mistakes and become a better investigator and detective. He'll even accept other possible explanations and theories as to what happened. He'll call them "possible as well." He does have a tendency to do this until the absolute truth becomes known. Because he refuses to allow an early "theory" to be deemed the "absolute truth" when not enough information has been gathered to determine with absolute accuracy that the theory in question is the absolute truth for what happened. He wants all information, all evidence, and everything else gathered before determining what happened. Honestly, he doesn't like other ponies who try to reach conclusions before all the information has been gathered and analyzed. If he runs into a pony like that, he'll do everything he can to prove the other ponies "faulty theory" wrong so a more thorough investigation can be done.

History: Lane is new in the agency. The youngest at his age to be hired as a detective. He's been called a "genius." He works hard at exposing criminals and achieving justice for victims of any crime, no matter how small it may be. He tries to stay in contact with victims to assure them he'll get who's responsible. However, he has few friends because of his job as well as others fear he'll turn them in for whatever he deems as "wrong." Beyond his job, he's actually a really nice pony once you get to know him. He also likes to help anyone who needs it, no matter how little it may be. As for Lane's past, he doesn't talk about it, at all really. Lane lives in the present not in the past. His past is basically unknown. He was born in Canterlot and graduated from the Pony Police Academy in Canterlot he then moved to Ponyville to have a more "relaxing" workplace than the "high society" Canterlot is known for. Lane just didn't like that so he moved to Ponyville. It's unknown what or why exactly he wanted to become an investigator or detective in the first place. It's also unknown why his eyes look like that of an alligators but Lane doesn't care about that either. He's only focused on one thing. Finding the absolute truth of what happened at a crime scene.

Second one:

Name: Mage Heart

Gender/Age: Male/Colt; 18 years old

Type: Unicorn

Appearance:

Personality: Mage is the type that refuses to give up. No matter what happens, no matter how impossible something seems to be, no matter how grim things get, he absolutely refuses to give up. He has a tendency to try to get others believe this as well, especially whenever they are really down in the dumps and are being unbelievably pessimistic. Sometimes it works, other times is doesn't. But, even if he is the only one with hope left, he'll continue to fight for that hope. He's unbelievably persistent as well. No matter how many times you knock him down, he'll always get up. He even has a tendency to try to do this despite how badly injured he may be. Mage has always believed that if you believe in yourself, anything and everything is possible and you can overcome any and all odds that may be stacked up against you. Some ponies think he's unbelievably foolish for being so persistent and refusing to give up. But he doesn't care. He'll continue fighting until the very end if he has to. He's very humble though is nice to everypony he meets though unless they act mean or do rude things. He can't resist to help when somepony needs help, though he tends to summon a sword when, most of the time, it is not needed at all, making himself feel embarrassed. He strives to become even stronger, always wanting to become stronger just in case something awful were to occur in Ponyville, or anywhere else in Equestria for that matter. It seems all he really wants, is to prove himself to others.

Background: Mage is a young colt who is still developing his magic skills. However, he discovered his special talent rather quickly in magic school. He had an interesting and unique talent to just simply use his magic and think about it and a sword would appear out of thin air. He could also summon multiple swords as well and actually was able to perfect a spell where it pretty much rained swords. He can only hold the spell for about ten minutes before he had to release it due to it exhausting him. He was transferred to the weapon mastery class where he learned to use his skill to become quite a decent swordsmare. He is one of the best students at swordsmareship.

Third one:

Name: Skye Fown (pronounced "Sky- Found (without the d)"

Species: Pegasus

Appearance:

Personality: Skye is very intelligent as she did exceedingly well in pegasus flight school and passed all classes with a breeze. Not only that, but she was a very good flier as well. Everypony expected great things from her and believe she'd become a great racer. However, she's very modest. She also doesn't talk much except when talked to. Everypony in flight school wanted to be around her and to be her friend; however, she didn't allow this to go to her head. She knew they were only there because of her success and popularity. Lots of colts asked her out and she turned every one of them down, not wanting anything to do with any sort of relationship. However, she tends to sometimes takes things, almost everything, very seriously, perhaps too seriously. Because of this, everypony thinks she's stuck up, when, in fact, she's actually not. She's actually quite nice, kind, and generous once you get to know her.

Backstory: How Skye became a florist was purely by accident, however, she never looked back, has no regrets, and has pretty much forgotten about her old past. She was practicing flying one day at very fast speeds. However, it was too fast, and, uncharacteristically of her, she lost control and began plummeting towards the ground. Luckily, she regained herself and balanced herself just before crashing into the ground. That's when she saw it. A huge field of flowers, the most beautiful sight she's ever seen. She stayed there and studied the flowers. Eventually, a traveling florist found her there, and eventually, took her as an apprentice as a florist. She eventually gained her cutie mark and began working as a florist in a flower shop. She has been presumed "missing" by the Pegasus Flight School ever since. Skye does worry about eventually being found, but, never has really given to much thought to it, choosing to just move on with her new, and to her, her better life on the ground. She rarely flies anymore, making her worry she doesn't know how to do it anymore, but again, really doesn't care and gives it little, if any thought.

Fourth one:

Name: Flare Works

Gender/Age: Female/Mare; 17 years old

Type: Unicorn

Appearance:

Personality: Flare is very shy around other ponies. She feels as though they won't like her or won't accept her if she talks to them. However, once you get to know her, she is very nice, very compassionate, and will help out her friends whenever they need her help. The reason she is so shy is because even though she does well in magical training and weapons specialty, there are other ponies who are far better than her and she just feels like no one wants to talk to her or be her friend because she isn't as good as the other students are. However, there's one thing she does well that everypony really likes. Which are fireworks and explosions. In magic and weapons specialty she trains her skills to user fireworks and explosions for offensive tactics, however, outside of class and outside of school she likes to set off fireworks just for fun and is really creative and some even call her a genius when it comes to fireworks making. That is why her cutie mark is a firework going off. Everypony likes to watch her fireworks setups and shows whenever there is a celebration or holiday. He holiday fireworks even fit whatever holiday it is and everyone praises her for a job well done, which makes her embarrassed, however, she never takes advantage of this to make friends as she still feel likes no pony will except her. But, you surely don't want to underestimate her because she'll show you just what she is made of and is really more of a 'tactician' when it comes to fighting. She will try to find her opponents weak points instead of going at her opponent full force like some other ponies do. In the end though, she is really nice and won't let anything bad happen to her friends and will do whatever it takes to protect them from any harm that is befalling them.

History: Flare has been going to magical training and weapons specialty school for a while now and gets decent grades, enough for her to pass her classes and training regiments and things of that nature. She's not the best student in the whole class; however, she would probably be within the top ten best students in class. She will help anypony who needs help or is stuck on anything with the homework and she will even help struggling ponies train if they want, need, or ask her for extra help. Once again though, she doesn't take advantage of this to make friends. Her expertise with explosions and fireworks makes her quite the dangerous opponent as she has a plethora of ways to 'blow you up' and has even developed 'firework-like' bombs that explode multiple times to catch her opponents off guard so she can surprise them with an attack. She always carries some bombs with her too, just in case, which is also considered her 'weapon specialty' as well. She also even makes some money providing her special made bombs to the school for special training sessions as well as even selling some of her bombs to the Royal Guard and the Equestrian Army just in case war were to ever break out. Though, deep down, she secretly hoped that her bombs would never be used to kill anypony or be used in war since Equestria is peaceful most of the time. Because of all of that, she is considered to be a bomb-making 'genius' which makes her embarrassed if anypony calls her that, and again, she doesn't take advantage of that to make friends. There is one colt she has a crush on... but... she can't seem to gather the courage to approach him let alone talk to him. She also feels like this colt won't even notice her because he's one of the best students in the entire school and she, well, isn't, again, this all because of her shyness. One thing remains abundantly clear though. She is a tough individual and you certainly don't want to mess with her. If you do... well... prepare to be 'blown up.'

Fifth one:

Name: Victor "Vic" Endgame

Species: Earth Pony

Appearance:

Career: Special consultant/Prosecutor

Personality: Vic doesn't care about anypony but himself and those that agree with him on his opinions about things. He only associates himself with those types of ponies as well. He'll work with anypony, but only if he has to or doesn't have any other choice. He feels as though he can handle any investigation by himself and refuses to admit he needs help or even ask for help even if he really needs it. He's self-righteous and cocky and refuses to admit when he's wrong and will keep arguing that he's right to the bitter end. Even when it's obvious that he was wrong he refuses to admit it and just says he got "confused" or something like that. His closest friends are pretty much exactly like him or share his viewpoints on most things. He will accuse anypony of a crime and stick to his accusation to the bitter end until he's proven wrong. Even when the pony in question is proven innocent he keeps pursuing that pony that they were still involved until it's proven they had nothing to do with it. When that happens, he gets quite angry and tells the innocent pony that they were "lucky" the investigator was there to prove them innocent. He will twist logic in ways that make it seem like he is right and everyone else is wrong to satisfy his ego and will continue to do so until he is proven wrong.

History: He and his family live in Manehattan but he will go wherever he is needed. His family is steeped in the history of prosecutors and special consultants of investigations. His father was considered one of the best, yet worst, prosecutors ever in terms of the fact that he would always try to get the pony a guilty verdict no matter what it took. His mother was a special consultant and investigator for his father that would only be concerned with finding any and all evidence that proved the accused pony of committing the crime. He himself was raised to believe all ponies accused of a crime are truly guilty and the true perpetrators of the crime. This probably explains everything about his personality, ego, and attitude. Eventually, he sort of became both. His cutie mark of a "king chess piece" represented backing others into a corner into "checkmate" or "endgame" so to speak. He considers himself more of a special consultant however. This is because he feels that there are more than enough prosecutors that can get the job done correctly and he just wants to assist in getting the accused pony the guilty verdict and nothing else. He will only prosecute if no other viable prosecutors are available. His families' motto has always been the following: "Guilty. Nothing else. Nothing more." He lives, and pretty much dies, by that motto as well for he doesn't want to disappoint his family or anypony else that is counting on him to get the accused pony in question the guilty verdict they "deserve."

Heh... I created too many... didn't I?  X3

I... um... also have some "NPC's" for some of these OC's as well just in case I need them. Some of them I've made... some of them I haven't.

Here are some additional notes:

Lane and Vic are basically Ace Attorney-like ponies. If anyone here has ever heard of that series that is...  D: These two I'm currently using on another forum RP.

Mage and Flare are basically Final Fantasy-like ponies for slightly more "serious" RP's though I suppose I could use them in laid-back RP's too...  :s

Skye is probably my most original OC as well as probably the best pony I've made using the DeviantArt Pony Creator IMO.

So... yeah... have fun I guess? Any questions?

I'll just... go over here then...  X3

*hides in a corner and holds up flame shield*  :I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

The Wandering Magus

what's amusing is that "serious" and "laid-back" are very mixed on this forum x3  you'll have informal RPs filled with fighting and duels, while having extremely formal, serious RPs that forbid any fighting and strictly utilize diplomacy and ingenuity to solve problems.

I hope to see you over at Silverdale Saga, Royal Academy of Magic, Before Equestria and Pony Cosmology if you are interested ^-^  If you like, I also hope you can take a look at Legend of the Cursed Moon of the Sea, P&S Adventures and other RPs ^-^
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

LostSanity

Quote from: LarryMcLie on 2012 Sep 27, 16:55:48
Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Sep 27, 14:23:01
Heh... I created too many... didn't I?  X3

No. I have 32 Ocs.

:o

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 27, 17:02:30
what's amusing is that "serious" and "laid-back" are very mixed on this forum x3  you'll have informal RPs filled with fighting and duels, while having extremely formal, serious RPs that forbid any fighting and strictly utilize diplomacy and ingenuity to solve problems.

I hope to see you over at Silverdale Saga, Royal Academy of Magic, Before Equestria and Pony Cosmology if you are interested ^-^  If you like, I also hope you can take a look at Legend of the Cursed Moon of the Sea, P&S Adventures and other RPs ^-^

So many RP's... so little time...

O:

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Gracie Sky

You can't have too many OCs, it's like putting a cap on how imaginative you can be.

With that said... they all suffer from "too much". I never was a fan of ponies wearing a lot of clothes and all your OCs are wearing Vests and the whole 9 yards. Their personalities do seem a bit focused on a specific personality trait, but you can get by with that if you play your cards right.

I do like the variety you've provided, though.

I happen to have 4 right now, with two more in development, in an attempt to make my own personal mane 6, if you wanted to know.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

LostSanity

Quote from: Gracie Sky on 2012 Sep 27, 19:43:09
You can't have too many OCs, it's like putting a cap on how imaginative you can be.

With that said... they all suffer from "too much". I never was a fan of ponies wearing a lot of clothes and all your OCs are wearing Vests and the whole 9 yards. Their personalities do seem a bit focused on a specific personality trait, but you can get by with that if you play your cards right.

I happen to have 4 right now, with two more in development, in an attempt to make my own personal mane 6, if you wanted to know.

Hmm... I guess I see your point but... I just felt like clothes were "necessary." I guess I just felt like they'd be nude without them. Even though they wouldn't be. Technically.

:P

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Sep 27, 22:09:27

Hmm... I guess I see your point but... I just felt like clothes were "necessary." I guess I just felt like they'd be nude without them. Even though they wouldn't be. Technically.

LostSanity

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 28, 00:17:30
Quote from: LostSanity on 2012 Sep 27, 22:09:27

Exactly my point. I know.

The Wandering Magus

LostSanity

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 28, 14:06:37
they're good OCs in any case ^-^

Thanks. I tried my best on them.

Also... I admit I haven't fully looked at the RP's yet.

The reason? Come on isn't it obvious?

Pre-Alpha.  :P

I promise I'll look at the RP's more thoroughly once the Pre-Alpha stress test is over and done with.

;)

The Wandering Magus

lol I'll look forward to seeing you in the RP section next week then ^-^

LostSanity

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 29, 17:21:56
lol I'll look forward to seeing you in the RP section next week then ^-^

:3

Stress test over. I'll check the RP's here in a bit.

The Wandering Magus

LostSanity

Adding a Bat Pony OC. Yay?  :s

Name: Nova Arcane

Type: Bat Pony

Appearance: See image

Personality: Nova is actually quite the social bug. Or, in this case, social bat. He likes to get to know everypony he meets. He especially likes to get to know others that aren't bat ponies like him. He always has been interested in the other races of ponies to the point where he would occasionally find himself invading on their privacy just so he could get to know them which doesn't really work out to well for him admittedly. The only problem is that because he's a bat pony, a lot of ponies are scared of him and treat him like he's some sort of vampire that's going to make them a vampire. He would never do that but other ponies just don't seem to look past his bat pony wings. The one thing he really takes pride in is to help others overcome their musings and become better ponies. In other words, he likes to help other ponies confront their "true selves" and sort of "defeat" them so that they can be happier and live the rest of their lives in peace without having to worry about put up some sort of false sense of who they really are. He likes to fly around at night as he really feels free that way. He'll even occasionally just be upside just for the heck of it, even if other ponies can clearly see him. He's embraced his bat pony heritage to its fullest. He takes pride in being a bat pony, however, he also works to try to make other ponies not fear bat ponies because of all of the bad rumors about them that go around like wildfire.

History: Nova was brought up in pure bat pony family that was pretty strict with him. His family was the type that seemed to think the only others they should associate themselves with were other bat ponies mostly because they were the main ponies that were most active at night. However, the older he became, his curiosity got the better of him and when he learned to fly, he secretly left home one day to see if bat ponies really were the only species active at night. He was surprised by what he saw. Other ponies were active at night as well. Not just bat ponies. Occasionally, he would even make a few friends that weren't bat ponies. Ever since then, Nova has furiously worked to try to better the bat pony image and try to make all of the other ponies realize that everything they have heard about bat ponies were just stories that were twisted out of control. His cutie mark represents his love of helping other ponies overcome their true selves and become better ponies. It's a butterfly to represent emerging from a cocoon as a butterfly when he helps others be better ponies. Unfortunately, he's only been able to help a few ponies with that due to the fact that most ponies are scared of bat ponies. But the ones he did help thanked him and assured him that they would also try to tell others that bat ponies weren't like they were told. Nova continues to help other ponies and to better the bat pony image to this day.

P.S.: Yes, I stole some ideas from Persona.  :P

Go Up