33 (35.5%)
Unsure?
6 (6.5%)
Don't like pokemon (that's Impossible)
4 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Go Down

The Silent Wolf

According to my sources, they aren't refering to the actual letters X and Y, but to the 3D/Cordinant plains, X Y and Z.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Darkangel

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 08, 10:44:32
According to my sources, they aren't refering to the actual letters X and Y, but to the 3D/Cordinant plains, X Y and Z.

I figured that out just when I heard the names. :P
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 08, 10:47:17

I figured that out just when I heard the names. :P
I didn't I thought they were literally refering to the letters why do you think I laughed so hard when I first heard the names. >.<

CyanideInsanity

Bah! Can't be bothered with all this quoting nonsense. >:O

Darkangel, that could be a possibility for the remakes, but I feel its based on the current generation released while the remakes are in development. Especially from a development PoV. Not to mention that the DS is being shelved by developers now. With the 6th gen to be released, unless the RS remake was being worked on since before the X and Y engine was in a stable release, its probably going to use that instead of an older engine.

Also, I can't help but think Nintendo wouldn't make a 3ds game that doesn't use the stereo 3d of the 3ds. And with them finally pulling the plug on DS games, I doubt they'll make it a DS game.
Sugarcup, I thank thee for the AWESOME avatar!
I like my weapons, how I like my music: Heavy and Metal!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CyanideInsanity

Rikaria

I was thinking it'd be something DNA-based *shrug*
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Book Smarts

Well, we still nearly have a year until the release, atleast I can enjoy my Black 2 for a little while longer.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Jan 08, 11:32:34

People have been thinking that as well based on the japanese logo having what looks similar to a double helix in it.
Spoiler: show

Once we get more info on the story or lore of the legendaries, I think we'll have the answer to whether its to represent DNA or coordinates.

Darkangel

2013 Jan 08, 18:17:37 #47 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 08, 18:20:27 by Darkangel
Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jan 08, 11:50:35
Quote from: Rikaria on 2013 Jan 08, 11:32:34

People have been thinking that as well based on the japanese logo having what looks similar to a double helix in it.
Spoiler: show

Once we get more info on the story or lore of the legendaries, I think we'll have the answer to whether its to represent DNA or coordinates.

The legendaries are in of the video, and have the letter on them. The red bird IS a Y, while the Deer has a X on it.

Also to all of you guys saying I hate the 3D, I'm not saying I HATE the 3D, I'm just saying I don't really like that they changed it so dramatically from the last games that were 2D sprites. The only thing I dislike about the 3D is the color scheme because they are using totally different colors for the grass and dirt! It just looks weird to me. They should have used the colors of the routes in B/W 2.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: Darkangel on 2013 Jan 08, 18:17:37
The legendaries are in of the video, and have the letter on them. The red bird IS a Y, while the Deer has a X on it.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. I believe that's a design based on what ever concept they were using for the game story and/or lore of the legendaries.

So far, there are only 2 different theories of to why the games are X and Y. One being coordinates, since this is the first main game to feature a fully 3d game, and DNA based on the X and Y chromosomes from the japanese logos having what looks like part of a double helix.

In terms of chromosomes, I was talking about the game's story or the lore of the legendaries to likely shed like on whether or not the X and Y are to represent chromosomes. Not to mention the design of the legendaries could have been after they desided on X and Y, which wouldn't make sense for the legendaries to be the reason forthe games being X and Y, unless the idea was taken based on what the legendaries look like.

Now I'm not ruling out that idea, but I think it would be pretty boring to see game freak have designed the game based solely on what the games' mascots bodies are shaped like.

Rissian

Definitely something I'm getting on the 3DS when the game comes out, I'm glad 3DS is starting to get more games now. I've actually been wondering when they would make a fully 3D Pokemon game.

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: Trege on 2013 Jan 08, 20:29:10
Definitely something I'm getting on the 3DS when the game comes out, I'm glad 3DS is starting to get more games now. I've actually been wondering when they would make a fully 3D Pokemon game.
they actually already have but it's only in Japan currentaly.

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 08, 20:32:29

Well in development they do, unless they're holding out on the rest of japan. All the versions of the games are being released in october.

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jan 08, 20:52:05
Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 08, 20:32:29

Well in development they do, unless they're holding out on the rest of japan. All the versions of the games are being released in october.
i was referring to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS there. It's only in Japan atm

CyanideInsanity

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2013 Jan 08, 20:57:27
i was referring to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3DS there. It's only in Japan atm

Sorry, it sounded like you we're referring to X and Y. Well that clears up any confusion I guess.

Rikaria

2013 Jan 08, 22:52:40 #54 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 08, 23:50:27 by Rikaria
Quote from: CyanideInsanity on 2013 Jan 08, 19:39:31
In terms of chromosomes, I was talking about the game's story or the lore of the legendaries to likely shed like on whether or not the X and Y are to represent chromosomes. Not to mention the design of the legendaries could have been after they desided on X and Y, which wouldn't make sense for the legendaries to be the reason forthe games being X and Y, unless the idea was taken based on what the legendaries look like.
You pretty much summed up what I had in mind :P

EDIT: MORE INFO RELEASED! http://gematsu.com/2013/01/pokemon-x-and-y-to-boost-franchise-to-over-700-pokemon
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Book Smarts

I wonder what they meant when they said,
"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Jan 09, 00:20:47
I wonder what they meant when they said,
"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure."

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the more you use a specific Pokemon in battle, or maybe just using the already existing  Friendship mechanic, it will get a stat boost, or an attack/defense multiplier bonus when damage is calculated.  Personally, I'm just happy to hear that me caring for my little bytes of data like they were real isn't just to prove my insanity anymore!  :D

Also, the trailer looks gorgeous.  The only thing that bugs me is that I still have to finish White Version AND Black 2 Version, and I can't find motivation to work on either... :c

Flamestriker

Sounds really interesting. Now I'm glad I got a 3DS for Christmas. I really wonder about that line too, especially with the talk of a new battle structure. It seems this game is going to be a real change from generation 5.
[move][/move]

Tiger

For once, I like the fire starter best. Most of the time I go with the grass starter, and only once, when I played Pokemon Pearl, I played with Piplup.

But now... The water guy looks like rubbish to me  >:/ No offense.

And the grass pokemon just looks weird. Honestly, what are they doing to my childhood!? I loved Pokemon Emerald when I was really young and it was the first pokemon game I really played. It was awesome.

And now they're introducing all these weird, completely-not-pokemon pokemon  :l G5 was bad enough, and now this.

The blue legendary looks okay though.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 09, 02:38:16
For once, I like the fire starter best. Most of the time I go with the grass starter, and only once, when I played Pokemon Pearl, I played with Piplup.

But now... The water guy looks like rubbish to me  >:/ No offense.

And the grass pokemon just looks weird. Honestly, what are they doing to my childhood!? I loved Pokemon Emerald when I was really young and it was the first pokemon game I really played. It was awesome.

And now they're introducing all these weird, completely-not-pokemon pokemon  :l G5 was bad enough, and now this.

The blue legendary looks okay though.

I'd post a webcomic in response to this, but it's not entirely family-friendly, so I'll give the cliffnotes version.  Pokemon is still, and likely will always be, marketed at kids, and if you were playing Emerald as a kid, I doubt you're much of one right now.  While yes, I admit I've had issues quite a few designs since Red and Blue, imagine what you might have thought of any Pokemon if you'd never seen it up until this very moment, even your most favorite one.  "It's a mutant frog with a plant on its back, what is Nintendo thinking?!" and so forth...  It's reasons like that I try to stay open-minded with each new game, and why I still buy them after 15 years.  I do apologize if I upset anyone with this, I just meant to shed some light on a subject I find rather important.

On a lighter note, I kind of like the design for all the starters so far.   I worry about what they're gonna do with evolved forms, especially the water one, but curious all the same. 

Go Up