The LoE Forum is Back!

Started by Ellowee, 2017 Aug 23, 15:57:06

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ellowee

2017 Aug 23, 15:57:06 Last Edit: 2017 Aug 23, 18:37:41 by Ellowee
Hey, everypony! It's been a little while, huh?

If you can cast your mind back all the way to July 5, you'll remember that we suffered a cyberattack that hit one of our databases. That attacker gained access to records like usernames, email addresses, and password hashes for all accounts registered with LoE - both team members, and the general public. Because of that attack, we had to immediately shut down the forum - and production on the game - until we were able to guarantee the safety of everyone.

We still believe that the attacker was focused on targeting our team members specifically, but that doesn't change that they would have had access to everyone else's details too. That's why we continue to advise you to change your password on any website or service that had the same password as your LoE account.

We've now finished this stage of updating our security systems; that's why the forum is back! We're still looking into what more we can do, but we're confident in the steps we've taken so far. Part of those steps we've taken will require you to set a new password for your LoE account if you have one, though. On the login page, you'll need to click "forgot your password?" and follow those steps to send an email to your registered email address which will allow you to set a new, stronger password.

Another step we've taken is to remove the chatbox from the forum. It was old and outdated, and served as a possible attack point against us. We don't want to leave you with nothing, though, so we've set up a Discord server as an improved replacement! It has the same features and more, is safer for everyone, and is a better way to communicate. You can join by clicking here (note that you'll need a Discord account!).

Taptalk is also disabled for the time being, but we have taken the opportunity to update our forum systems - including making it more mobile-friendly. Hopefully the forum will not only be safer, but also better to use!

Everything else - all the threads, posts, and account details - should be exactly where you left them; but if you notice anything missing, or any other issues, please let us know as soon as possible!

Because of the delay and damage caused by the attack, we've obviously missed our intended August 19 target for the LoE Open Access Release. Our new OAR date is September 10, and we're working extra hard to make sure we're able to include everything we wanted into that release.

Remember, in order to be able to play LoE on that date, you'll need to have a working forum account; that means that you will need to update your password if you have one already, or create one if you don't.

Once again, we apologise for the security breach, but we're confident that the steps we have taken will help to safeguard us from similar attempts in the future - and we still look forward to exploring the world of Equestria with all of you on September 10!

Expect more details about our Open Access Release to come over the next few weeks!

Rasy (Flanniest Flan)

EpicLPer

I'll give you guys like a week or so until it's down again :v

McClaw

Updated look, and an announcement for the OAR. What a welcome back!
Watch for "Census Taker" (pegasus), "Chuck Wagon" (earth pony), and "Bug Hunter" (unicorn).

LavenderRaindrops

Welcome back! Thanks for all the effort you've put into both the project and keeping your community secure. ^_^

Galapagois

Head of LoE Public Relations, King of Support, and a nuisance!

Elphyda

MidnightLunaRose

Scoota-Bot

Mysteli

Aphermion

Ooh, fancy look!
Well, I still don't understand why some people are willing to commit an actual crime for what... MD5 hashed passwords, maybe even salted?
That's just not smart.

Jarg1994

2017 Aug 23, 22:12:23 #12 Last Edit: 2017 Aug 23, 22:59:20 by Jarg1994
Yay it's back. :D

And really digging the new layout.

ShadowHoof

Good to hear!  I also took the time to log in, I haven't posted since late 2014.  I know I played an early beta version of this as a unicorn and I remember the teleportation travel feature being buggy, so when the open beta comes out I'm looking forward to seeing improvements.

Howitzer

This new look will definitely take some getting used-to.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

OtakuMegane

Yay for forums. And they look all pretty now. :D
I'm an adult. I do what I want.

Pipkin

Alright, we got work again :P

GreenTab

Freedome blitz

yay great job legends staff and this does look so cool on how you change it up and lets hope this does not happen again

Proudy Hooves

Finally! We're back!
Now let's make LoE great again!
Your friendly casual-ish russian-speakin' brony.
Russian LoE Veteran, being around since 2013+!
|Mint Kingdom proud member| |Team La-Vo-Chka!~|
#12YearsOfMLPFIM #BoopOuttaNowhere #ThankYouG4MLP

Go Up